The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
I dont like this idea of dressing small children in what are essentially a version of what is in the fashion outlets for women. The gypsy skirt is totally wrong for Isabella and just reminds me of a small kids verison of what i see in the shops for people my own age. Children i believe should be allowed to be children and dress for their age for as long as possible. A pair of shorts or a knee lenght skirt of dress would have been far nicer
That's what I think too. She's not a little doll. Even if it was Isabella who chose this outfit, so don't let her.

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 08-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

oh come on... Isabella is only 3. what she has on shouldn't matter. it's not like she's on her way to a state dinner. she's a child, princess or not.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
July 28, 2010 - Danish royal children at the annual photo-shoot
Henrik, Christian, Isabella & Alexandra's children

group picture ** Christian & Isabella close up
I love the outfits Isabella and Christian are wearing. Izzy looks happy in the skirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
oh come on... Isabella is only 3. what she has on shouldn't matter. it's not like she's on her way to a state dinner. she's a child, princess or not.
Just what I was thinking.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I liked this outfit at Grasten much more:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ed7KEPTG8b...%B6r+(5)17.jpg

It's just a very pretty and yet practical outfit. Plus the bow in her hair is cute.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

James, Viscount Severn.
http://i26.tinypic.com/105o4dj.jpg

Lady Louise Windsor.
The Royal Family Disembark The Hebridean Princess - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 08-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Royal Highness

Lovely pictures.
Actually I thought Isabella´s long skirt looked very cute. I generally don´t like the way they dress her, but I also liked the Christening dress (Marie CHantal) and the last outfit in Grasten.
Ingrid Alexandra is always elegant - she was wearing a blouse by Marie Chantal in that photo with her brothers and Mother. Actually I´ve seen the Morales girls and little Irene also wearing Marie Chantal´s clothing.
Contrary to many, I love to see sisters or brothers with identical clothing (up to an age,of course). My parents used to dress us like that as well.
The AAA girls, Belgium children etc...look very well.
]How nice to see James and his sister Louise appearing in public and in pictures. They´re lovely children, and in their position in the world shouldn´t be kept hidden.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I agree 4Pam. She is going to have a lifetime of beautiful clothes as she grows up. She needs to just be a child while she can. She looks cute in the skirt, and seems to know she looks cute. It is so nice to see her so animated this time and not so camera shy as she has seemed to be at times in the past.

Just remember folks I am sure Mary is not the only one that buys her clothing. She does have grandparents and other family that buys her things. The long skirt and linen top remind me more of something the Queen would buy rather than Mary.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Aristocracy

Some of Isabellas clothes look like tatters. I would have a word or two with my daughter if she would dress her own daughter like this.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
Some of Isabellas clothes look like tatters. I would have a word or two with my daughter if she would dress her own daughter like this.
Well it would be a stepmother or mother-in-law talking to Mary.
And to be quite honest I wouldn't take any fashion advice from QM.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
I am very sure that there are considerably more Danes who would dress their children like Christian and Isabella than not. What the majority of people active in this forum consider cute and appropriate children's clothing, I usually find boring and too old-fashioned. I simply like Frederik and Mary's style for their children better.

... glad my own mum did not have a word with me about the way I have dressed my girls. She would have been shown the door faster than she could say her own name
Old 08-03-2010, 01:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Isabella wears simple clothes that she can be comfortable in. They may look like tatters but she's a 3 yr old child who seems to be very active. She doesn't need to be dressed perfectly all the time and I'm sure she doesn't care what she has on so long as she can play in it. It's not like she's going to a fancy dinner with her grandmother and Queen Elizabeth- she's on her way to the playground with her brother and cousins. Not mention Isabella is the only female grandchild of QM and Prince Henrik so she probably plays rough like her brother and cousins.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Leonor and Sofia today in Mallorca
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...o-00$599x0.jpg
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...onor$599x0.jpg love Leonors dress
The girls look so adorable and its nice to see them in differnet outfits - great kids summer wear

Old 08-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Royal Highness

For me they are probably the best dressed royal kids
I love Leonor's dress.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Leonor and Sofia with lovely clothes as always, nice to see them in different clothes. Leonor´s shoes fit so well to the dress.
Zimbio
Zimbio
Zimbio
Old 08-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Nobility

Leonor & Sofia look so adorable. I love that they are wearing different outfits. Two very beautiful little ladies.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/0803/fotos-media/espana-vela-copa-del-rey-llegada-princesa-letizia-a-club-nautico-00$599x0.jpg

I love that they aren't in matching outfits. They both look absolutely adorable! What kind of shoes do they have on?

OT: It looks like Sofia is developing a very nice turnout- perfect for ballet. Wonder if Letizia and Felipe are planning on enrolling her in a class.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:06 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
I love that they aren't in matching outfits. They both look absolutely adorable! What kind of shoes do they have on?
The shoes are called Avarcas, typical sandals from the balearic islands.

One of the few occasions the Infantas look lovely in a very natural sense because they are not styled up to accessory degree and dressed alike.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:13 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Leonor and Sofia with lovely clothes as always, nice to see them in different clothes. Leonor´s shoes fit so well to the dress.
Zimbio
Zimbio
Zimbio
Leonor's dress has such a lovely pattern and I love the colors. The sandals looks also very nice. I like Sofia's dress as well. Both children are dressed comfortable and yet very pretty.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

4th August Mallorca Leonor and Sofia at a glass musuem
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...a-00$599x0.jpg
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...a-12$599x0.jpg
Again really cute casual summer outfits for the girls perfect for their Mallorca holidays

Old 08-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Administrator

I think the dress sense of Isabella suits her personality.

As someone previously mentioned all she has in her immeadiate family (brother and first cousins) are boys. Therefore she is probably not a girly girl yet. I have a friend who has three sons and two daughters and the youngest daughter (and last born) is very much a tomboy. She loves to play with her brothers and the girlie girl dresses that her older sister (she is the oldest) wore when she was her age simply dont suit her. The daughters (and the boys) have two different distinct personalities.

I think the young Infantas look adorable. I am also glad they are not dressing alike but you can tell they have great playful personalities.

Closed Thread