Fashion for the Little Royals, Part 2: April 2010 - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont like this idea of dressing small children in what are essentially a version of what is in the fashion outlets for women. The gypsy skirt is totally wrong for Isabella and just reminds me of a small kids verison of what i see in the shops for people my own age. Children i believe should be allowed to be children and dress for their age for as long as possible. A pair of shorts or a knee lenght skirt of dress would have been far nicer

That's what I think too. She's not a little doll. Even if it was Isabella who chose this outfit, so don't let her.

oh come on... Isabella is only 3. what she has on shouldn't matter. it's not like she's on her way to a state dinner. she's a child, princess or not.

Lovely pictures.
Actually I thought Isabella´s long skirt looked very cute. I generally don´t like the way they dress her, but I also liked the Christening dress (Marie CHantal) and the last outfit in Grasten.
Ingrid Alexandra is always elegant - she was wearing a blouse by Marie Chantal in that photo with her brothers and Mother. Actually I´ve seen the Morales girls and little Irene also wearing Marie Chantal´s clothing.
Contrary to many, I love to see sisters or brothers with identical clothing (up to an age,of course). My parents used to dress us like that as well.
The AAA girls, Belgium children etc...look very well.
]How nice to see James and his sister Louise appearing in public and in pictures. They´re lovely children, and in their position in the world shouldn´t be kept hidden.

oh come on... Isabella is only 3. what she has on shouldn't matter. it's not like she's on her way to a state dinner. she's a child, princess or not.

I agree 4Pam. She is going to have a lifetime of beautiful clothes as she grows up. She needs to just be a child while she can. She looks cute in the skirt, and seems to know she looks cute. It is so nice to see her so animated this time and not so camera shy as she has seemed to be at times in the past.

Just remember folks I am sure Mary is not the only one that buys her clothing. She does have grandparents and other family that buys her things. The long skirt and linen top remind me more of something the Queen would buy rather than Mary.

Some of Isabellas clothes look like tatters. I would have a word or two with my daughter if she would dress her own daughter like this. :sick:

Some of Isabellas clothes look like tatters. I would have a word or two with my daughter if she would dress her own daughter like this. :sick:

Well it would be a stepmother or mother-in-law talking to Mary.
And to be quite honest I wouldn't take any fashion advice from QM.

I am very sure that there are considerably more Danes who would dress their children like Christian and Isabella than not. What the majority of people active in this forum consider cute and appropriate children's clothing, I usually find boring and too old-fashioned. I simply like Frederik and Mary's style for their children better.

... glad my own mum did not have a word with me about the way I have dressed my girls. She would have been shown the door faster than she could say her own name :p

Isabella wears simple clothes that she can be comfortable in. They may look like tatters but she's a 3 yr old child who seems to be very active. She doesn't need to be dressed perfectly all the time and I'm sure she doesn't care what she has on so long as she can play in it. It's not like she's going to a fancy dinner with her grandmother and Queen Elizabeth- she's on her way to the playground with her brother and cousins. Not mention Isabella is the only female grandchild of QM and Prince Henrik so she probably plays rough like her brother and cousins.

For me they are probably the best dressed royal kids :flowers:
I love Leonor's dress.

Leonor and Sofia with lovely clothes as always, nice to see them in different clothes. Leonor´s shoes fit so well to the dress.
Zimbio
Zimbio
Zimbio

Leonor & Sofia look so adorable. I love that they are wearing different outfits. Two very beautiful little ladies.:flowers::flowers:

http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/0803/fotos-media/espana-vela-copa-del-rey-llegada-princesa-letizia-a-club-nautico-00$599x0.jpg

I love that they aren't in matching outfits. They both look absolutely adorable! What kind of shoes do they have on?

OT: It looks like Sofia is developing a very nice turnout- perfect for ballet. Wonder if Letizia and Felipe are planning on enrolling her in a class.

I love that they aren't in matching outfits. They both look absolutely adorable! What kind of shoes do they have on?
The shoes are called Avarcas, typical sandals from the balearic islands.

One of the few occasions the Infantas look lovely in a very natural sense because they are not styled up to accessory degree and dressed alike.

Leonor and Sofia with lovely clothes as always, nice to see them in different clothes. Leonor´s shoes fit so well to the dress.
Zimbio
Zimbio
Zimbio

Leonor's dress has such a lovely pattern and I love the colors. The sandals looks also very nice. I like Sofia's dress as well. Both children are dressed comfortable and yet very pretty. :flowers:

I think the dress sense of Isabella suits her personality.

As someone previously mentioned all she has in her immeadiate family (brother and first cousins) are boys. Therefore she is probably not a girly girl yet. I have a friend who has three sons and two daughters and the youngest daughter (and last born) is very much a tomboy. She loves to play with her brothers and the girlie girl dresses that her older sister (she is the oldest) wore when she was her age simply dont suit her. The daughters (and the boys) have two different distinct personalities.

I think the young Infantas look adorable. I am also glad they are not dressing alike but you can tell they have great playful personalities.

Cristina's girl Irene who has 3 brothers is rather tomboyish too.

In general I find it ridiculous that a 3 year old would pick her own clothes. I know some mothers who spend half an hour arguing with their kids what shirt to wear. Suri Cruise is the worst example, growing up like an adult, without the guided decision making any child needs. I also find it dangerous to give so much room to the importance to "fashion" especially at such a young age. How superficial can it get, as if nothing else would matter in today's society.

The Spanish Infantas look so much better in simple summer clothes, not dressed up as dolls and in different outfits what stresses their different personalities.

I wont even get into a dicussion about Suri Cruise...I will say that I share your thoughts.

I have not had the pleasure of having young childern in my care for long periods of time (raising them). I will say, however, in my short amount of time of dealing with them (i.e. babysitting a goddaughter, little cousins or my neice or nephew) that little people are VERY stubborn. And I have to tell you, I have given in to them wearing whatever rather than dealing with a stubborn crying child. So that might play into it as well.

Sofia and Leonor look adorable in both set of photos.

littleroyals

Last edited by a moderator:
I wont even get into a dicussion about Suri Cruise...I will say that I share your thoughts.

I have not had the pleasure of having young childern in my care for long periods of time (raising them). I will say, however, in my short amount of time of dealing with them (i.e. babysitting a goddaughter, little cousins or my neice or nephew) that little people are VERY stubborn. And I have to tell you, I have given in to them wearing whatever rather than dealing with a stubborn crying child. So that might play into it as well.

I agree.. sometimes the only way you can get children to wear what you want them to wear is by engaging in a fistfight... Besides, even 3 yr old know what they like. Shiloh Jolie-Pitt is another example.

And just to stay on topic. I prefer Isabella's clothes. I don't really like it when brothers/sisters wear the same outfits... *cough* dutch royal family *cough*

Cute dresses. I'm not one of those people who hate it when people match children's clothing. I actually like it. I do like that Leonor & Sofia have the same or similar dresses in different colors.

Cute dresses. I'm not one of those people who hate it when people match children's clothing. I actually like it. I do like that Leonor & Sofia have the same or similar dresses in different colors.

I like matching outfits but IMO Sofia and Leonor are past that age. Color coordinated outfits are a good idea.

Maxima who feels the need to dress her daughters in identical clothes every time they have a photo session, it's just getting to be a bit much IMO. Esp since Amalia and Alexia are old enough to pick out an outfit themselves that will showcase their personalities. I think coordinating their outfits will be much better than matching outfits every year.

I don't mind that dress on Isabella. It's a nice, different style.
The Infantas looked adorable too. I'm glad she's not having them match anymore.
They need to develop their individuality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom