The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Aristocracy

Matching the pieces of clothes is the point at dressing Isabella.She realy has nice pieces but always mismatched and It is supposed that her parents even if she is dressing herself should guide her.I'm a mother of 5 years old boy and 2.5 years old girl and I never have problems in persuading them to wear what I want although they are stubborn.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree, they should guide her. I mean, if a little girl isn't in her terrible two's, it's not that difficult. However, we don't know who dresses Isabella and her last outfit was nice to me.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Serene Highness

I don't see why Isabella shouldn't wear what she wore. It isn't inappropriate, dirty or whatever. No need to persuade her to wear something different...
Old 12-14-2010, 12:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

^ Exactly.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
I totally agree

You can take a look on this page: Norlie

It is Scandinavian clothes to children (0-12 years) and you can see how clothes to children looks like here in Scandinavian :)
I must say it looks like Isabella dress, not very colorfull, but here I get a catalogue with Scandinavian clothing for kids and it is so much colorfull
girls: Dresses & Skirts and so cute for girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think she is so cute and pretty that I would like to dress her as a doll but this is my opinion of course! I got my daughter dress as a doll! so I Suppose Mary is entitle to dress her daughter as she wants we agree or not!
Old 12-14-2010, 02:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I must say it looks like Isabella dress, not very colorfull, but here I get a catalogue with Scandinavian clothing for kids and it is so much colorfull
I think she is so cute and pretty that I would like to dress her as a doll but this is my opinion of course! I got my daughter dress as a doll! so I Suppose Mary is entitle to dress her daughter as she wants we agree or not!
IMO the concept of dressing girls like dolls is not very popular in Denmark. I have three daughters and have seen them through kindergarten etc. and almost all girls, mine and others, were dressed more or less along the lines of Isabella - except on days when the girls chose their own rather 'electric style' To me and probably to many other mother of girls here it sends the 'wrong' signals if our girls are dressed in frills and what have you and in an overly girly-girly fashion. The emphasis is on the girl's personality - and what's in her head - not on what she is wearing. One may argue that both can be achieved even if the girl is dressed girly-girly, but if boys have the freedom of being casually dressed, why the dress-up act for girls?
If Isabella was seen most of the time in cute pastels, frills and overly cute girly clothes, I am sure all the child psychologists here would line up for interviews with the media and explain why this was the wrong signal to send for girls
Old 12-15-2010, 03:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Elisabeth, Eleonore Gabriel and Emmanuel
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
Old 12-15-2010, 04:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post

They are such beautiful children. They have grown so much this last year.
Is this their family Christmas Card?
Old 12-15-2010, 05:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
They are such beautiful children. They have grown so much this last year.
Is this their family Christmas Card?
No it is part of a number of pictures they have released of Philippe Mathilde and the childern ( see here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1175560) .
Old 12-15-2010, 05:22 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks to the Almighty that somebody changed by sending this cute picture of the Belgian kids. IMO enough of Isabella´s clothing. We´ve seen them and either loved or hated it. How about putting some other lovely children, like the Infantitas, the Urdangarins, Alexia´s tribe, Ingrid Alexandra, Pavlo´s fivesome, Victoria Federica, Louise and the twins etc...etc...
One thing is for certain, in every country there are different fashions for different types oif children -some are modern, some are girly-girly and frilly. As long as the child in question looks well taken care of, the clothing is clean, the hair is neat.
In my country, even poor children`s Mums try to make their little ones look the best.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Really pretty outfits, love the boys sweaters but im not all for matching the same outfit for children. I think each child has their own personality and dressing them in what they are not isn't fun IMO.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
...but here I get a catalogue with Scandinavian clothing for kids and it is so much colorfull
That´s a swedish homepage and you can´t really compare danish and swedish fashion for little girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
IMO the concept of dressing girls like dolls is not very popular in Denmark. I have three daughters and have seen them through kindergarten etc. and almost all girls, mine and others, were dressed more or less along the lines of Isabella - except on days when the girls chose their own rather 'electric style' To me and probably to many other mother of girls here it sends the 'wrong' signals if our girls are dressed in frills and what have you and in an overly girly-girly fashion. The emphasis is on the girl's personality - and what's in her head - not on what she is wearing. One may argue that both can be achieved even if the girl is dressed girly-girly, but if boys have the freedom of being casually dressed, why the dress-up act for girls?
If Isabella was seen most of the time in cute pastels, frills and overly cute girly clothes, I am sure all the child psychologists here would line up for interviews with the media and explain why this was the wrong signal to send for girls
I completely agree
Old 12-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Nobility

Vogue
It's too bad the picture is so small. Isabella looks really cute here and I would love to see it in a bigger version.

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 12-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
That´s a swedish homepage and you can´t really compare danish and swedish fashion for little girls
Same as Tommy Hilfiger doesn't sell the same designs in Europe as in the US, it is quiet propable that the site only shows clothes that were designed specially for the US market
Old 12-15-2010, 10:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Isabella looks so cute. The outfit was probably not her idea as she tends to be a pretty creative dresser. And Christian looked like a little man.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Courtier

Isabella looked very girly. I love the look on her I just do not think this would be her personal style. She strikes me as rough and tumble like her brother. The picture of her as a pirate is much more Isabella to me. lol Christian is such a beautiful child. The close up of him and Frederik shows you what a looker he is going to be as he gets older.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
Isabella looked very girly. I love the look on her I just do not think this would be her personal style. She strikes me as rough and tumble like her brother. The picture of her as a pirate is much more Isabella to me. lol Christian is such a beautiful child. The close up of him and Frederik shows you what a looker he is going to be as he gets older.
Yes, that is a great pic of the Fred and son together!
Old 12-16-2010, 03:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
No it is part of a number of pictures they have released of Philippe Mathilde and the childern ( see here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1175560) .
Nice pictures - thanks The children are so cute - they even look well-behaved
I do not recall having seen pictures of Mathilde or Philippe as children, were they just as fair as their children?
Old 12-16-2010, 04:47 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Largest photo with Isabella: she's such a doll with her tutù : )
Christian with a suit: a beautiful little man : )
Old 12-16-2010, 05:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Really pretty outfits, love the boys sweaters but im not all for matching the same outfit for children. I think each child has their own personality and dressing them in what they are not isn't fun IMO.

When you see pictures of them attending school you see that they are dressed completely different. But for a photo shoot i think it is fun to dress them in the same clothes.

Closed Thread