The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

OMG, I still remember that grey potato sack... What a rag! I think Cindy has a good point here. We all know that Princess Mary is a very busy woman (the word 'busy' doesn't even begin to describe it...), perhaps she could get some help from her own stylist. Her excellent taste is obvious, so why not shopping for Isabella too? I'm sure CP Mary could trust her - since you can dress a woman so perfectly, it's more than certain that you can do that to a little girl as well.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

I can assure you that Princess Isabella is dressed just as any other little danish girl

So there wont be any fuzz about it

Old 12-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, I'm not a mother yet after all. Perhaps things in children's wear have really changed. I can only remember lovely, dreamy stuff in pink, red, yellow, white, light blue etc. and I just don't see that on Isabella so often.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
I can assure you that Princess Isabella is dressed just as any other little danish girl

I totally agree

You can take a look on this page: Norlie

It is Scandinavian clothes to children (0-12 years) and you can see how clothes to children looks like here in Scandinavian :)
Old 12-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Isabella is not supposed to be in perfect matched clothes, yes she is a princess but we can all judge & criticize her when she is much older. She is only a child dressing up like any other girl.
I love Christian's outfit.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
I totally agree

It is Scandinavian clothes to children (0-12 years) and you can see how clothes to children looks like here in Scandinavian :)
Oh, thats a great link, Roskilde
Old 12-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Isabella is not supposed to be in perfect matched clothes, yes she is a princess but we can all judge & criticize her when she is much older. She is only a child dressing up like any other girl.
I love Christian's outfit.

But because some of us don't like what Isabella (or whoever) wears doesn't mean we are judging and criticizing. I think we just state our opinions on what we like and what we don't.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post

So the papers in Denmark are not filled with stories about Isabella looking like an orphan and her mother not caring how she looks?
Old 12-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
So the papers in Denmark are not filled with stories about Isabella looking like an orphan and her mother not caring how she looks?
Im almost sorry to say no
Old 12-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
I totally agree

Thank you Roskilde for the link.
For me,it's evident since a while that the danish royal kids are dressed following the scandinavian trends.Same thing applies to norwegian royal kids.
Scandinavian trends in cloths or furnishing tends to be simple but very practical.I personally love it.But,I can understand those who don't like it.
In some countries (for exemple in latin countries) people tend to prefer colourfoul and very girly cloths ,in scandinavian it's different.
Here in France,you can find both trends.
In general,people with higher social status ,traditional catholics tend to favor a kind of scandinavian tendancy that is pratical,simple and less colourfoul.
In some other countries,things are certainly different.
For me,it's not necessary to dress up kids like dolls just for the sake of exposing them to the camera like trophies and tell them to smile to the crowd and camera.They have to remain carefree.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Courtier

I think, regarding Isabella's clothes, people are projecting their archaic sense of what a 'princess' should look like, this is the 21st century, the world has moved beyond crinolines and lace, especially on little girls, young princesses no longer have to look like living dolls and I think this is a good thing...Royalty are human after all, although they are privileged ones, the days of appearing remote, unapproachable and fragile are gone...

I love Isabella's clothing, I think it makes her look more playful and spunky because the focus is on HER and not her fancy pretty frilly outfit...And I think it is Mary's (and maybe Fred's too) philosophy not to dress their daughter in sacchrine, precious clothing...From day one, Isabella's colour palette (as chosen by her parents) has been mauve, dusky pink and grey...Whereas Chrisitan's has been blue and brown...

Roskilde...your Norlie link was fabulous...I can certainly see some of those clothes on I & C...especially the aubergine-coloured smock dress with the 3 rosettes on the neckline...Gorgeous, I want one for my own 3 year old!!!
Old 12-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Serene Highness

That still is not an excuse for that potato sack..
Old 12-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
That still is not an excuse for that potato sack..
The excuse for the potato sack is in post 151 in this same thread
Old 12-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mary dresses Isabella for comfort. If you're going to expect a 3-year-old to sit still for an hour or 2 she'd better be comfortable or you'd have some issues. If what Isabella is wearing is what other Danish children are wearing then she's fine. She looks cute in them.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
I agree. And I know, we have no idea who dresses Isabella, yes, maybe she does it herself, but even if she dresses herself (or picks what she wants to wear) she still doesn't buy the clothes. Someone (Mary?) must be buying what Isabella wears (i.e. "grey potato sack"), so I still think Mary just either doesn't care what Isabella wears or, like you said, she doesn't know how to dress a little girl.
Actually I've never heard of a 3 year old girl who dresses herself and I don't know, if so, if that's a good idea. That's not really meant as criticism regarding Mary, but I think it must have been really cold and I wonder why Isabella didn't wear gloves (like her mother) or a hat.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Actually I've never heard of a 3 year old girl who dresses herself and I don't know, if so, if that's a good idea. That's not really meant as criticism regarding Mary, but I think it must have been really cold and I wonder why Isabella didn't wear gloves (like her mother) or a hat.

I don't know how it is, but I've read many posts by different posters here saying their kids are / were dressing themselves / picking what they wanted to wear. Hence my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
The excuse for the potato sack is in post 151 in this same thread
Are those facts ot just speculations, in post # 151?
Old 12-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Several posts have been edited to remove references to Isabella dressing like an orphan - there is no need for name-calling. Posters can state their opinion (positive or negative) regarding the fashion of the young royals without resorting to name-calling.

If you have any questions on this matter, please contact a Royal House of Fashion moderator as future posts implying or calling a child names will be removed.

JessRulz, for the RHoF Moderators
Old 12-13-2010, 07:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Actually I've never heard of a 3 year old girl who dresses herself and I don't know, if so, if that's a good idea.
How many three year olds do you know? Because I definetly know quiet a few that want to choose their own clothes and refuse to wear what mummy picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
But because some of us don't like what Isabella (or whoever) wears doesn't mean we are judging and criticizing. I think we just state our opinions on what we like and what we don't.
But some are not just stating their opinion but are judging
Old 12-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
How many three year olds do you know? Because I definetly know quiet a few that want to choose their own clothes and refuse to wear what mummy picks.

But some are not just stating their opinion but are judging
Maybe... I think it'a very thin line between on and the other. Esp when it comes to kids, one needs to be very careful.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Quite a few I'd say as I worked in a Kindergarten for three years. Sure, children sometimes don't like to wear what their mothers pick for them and some of them have their favorite t-shirts etc. I thought I read somewhere here that someone said she dresses herself, which means to me that she picks all of her clothes herself and I don't think that would be a wise decision, otherwise I would have left the house in a short pink dress and my mum's heels in winter when I was 5. Anyway, I think I just misunderstood something in this discussion.