The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
It is not the clothes that make the person, but the person who wears the clothes who make the difference. Cristina's children are beautiful even if they wear "cheap" clothes. I don't know about you, but if you can find great looking clothes for cheap, I would buy them. Children grow so fast it is silly to spend so much, even for the King's grandchildren.
Sorry, but that line that clothes don't make the person is simply demagogic. From that perspective, why would adult royals buy their clothes and gowns in exclusive shops and designers, instead of buying them in C&A or Zara? They rarelly use their clothes more than twice anyway...

We simply don't expect royals to be wearing the same clothes you see in the baker, as kind and loveble the baker may be. If you read my posts above, you'll see that I don't have a problem with me buyng Zara or C&A, but Infanta Cristina is not the same person I am. She's not only richer than me; she belongs to another class; she's a royal.

Of course children grow up very fast and it's not wise spending fortunes on clothes to attend school. If you read what I said, I didn't say she should spend 500€ in clothes with her children. What I said is that Zara is that kind of label you see everywhere you look around. It's massified. There are dozens of labels in Spain which are not too expensive, but are more selective, and that's what we are talking about; about being different from me, as good and wise I may be.

I remember that Letizia was very criticised before the wedding, because she appeared wearing clothes from Massimo Dutti (which is a far more exclusive label than Zara), in private lunches with friends and visits to her grandparents... and she wasn't even a royal yet.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Aristocracy

I like the way Infanta Cristina dresses her boys alike. It looks very nice in pictures. cristina and Elena were dressed identically as little girls and many times Felipes coordinated or was the male version of what they were wearing. I have noticed most royal brothers and sisters are dressed alike. Caroline and John Kennedy had a lot of brother sister outfits and it was darling.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
It doesn't bother me that Infanta Cristina buys her kids' clothes from Zara, but what really bothers me is the fact that she dresses her kids alike, always matching.
i agree with you. i really wouldn't care about the brand--why does Zara have to be a bane for the Urdangarin children's wardrobe? (BTW, here in my country, Zara is considered a luxury brand because it's impprted). it's more irritating, to say the least, to see them wearing identical clothes all the time. even little Irene is wearing the same jacket as her brothers, and she's a girl! the kids are growing up and soon they might not appreciate the fact that they all have the same clothes. sometimes dressing up the same isn't fun.

i've seen photos where the Urdangarin boys are wearing different clothes, and IMO that should happen more often now. (IMO) it helps bring out their peculiar personalities too.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

So many cute royal kids! And more on the way!!!!

Old 01-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

the traditional dresses which both Mathidle and Letizia dress their girls in is so sweet

Old 04-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Cute Leo in her cute clothes (love the butterfly on the trousers and two bears on her fluffy jacket ):

http://new2.isifa.com/tools/get_prev...p?idp=13744521

Old 05-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Royal Highness

leonor have the best clothes, so feminine... some1 have a nice pics form de blue dress she wear today, for see her litle sister Sofia?
Old 05-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Aristocracy

I found some pics of Leonor and Christian!!!
ImageShack - Hosting :: preseeger00179528qi0.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: preseeger00178213vh3.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: preseeger00180604lu0.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: preseeger00180611sh4.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: preseeger00180801kv0.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: preseeger00180810cn6.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: preseeger00181045wh8.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: preseeger00181046yw7.jpg

Just have to love little Leonor's fashion, she's soooo adorable.
Christian on the other hand looks like a little grown up.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Royal Highness

I love Leonor's outfits! They are so cute and very "girly", but also with a casual, comfortable edge. Christian does look like a little grown up.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love the way Mary dress little Christian looks at this one: lovely coat http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...drws/th-77.jpg everything is very perfect!!!!!! Very nice IMO!
Another one dressing very casual because he is at home palying:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...07Cfalckgz.jpg
Old 05-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

I love the way CP Leti dresses Leo. She has such great fashion sense and Leo always looks so girly and fashionable. I love all the little details, like the butterfly on her pants and all the ribbons in her hair. She is one of the most beautiful little girls I have seen.
Thanks everyone for posting, the pictures of the children are my favorite!
Old 05-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Courtier

Yes, Leonor have some very cute dresses

Christian has cute clothes as well, I think. Many colors for sure. Can't wait to see how Mary will dress Mini-mary .
Old 05-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Aristocracy

I love how Leonor looks in her outfit, just adorable.Congratulations for the pround mom.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Princess Elisabeth in a dress of the favorire designer of her mother: Natan

http://prinsesmathilde.web-log.nl/ph...0029_448lo.jpg
Old 05-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Christian so cute:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...207CXmas06.jpg
love this jacket very good, has always, for Mary:
Old 05-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ise27Mar-c.jpg
Always the best to me!
Old 06-19-2007, 05:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Now Christian clothes are starting to be a big dissapointment to me. Mary doesn't know how to dress him according to the occasion he is always dress like a normal day in school even if he is attending a christening !Maybe something like this:
http://www.jacadi.fr/site_uk/jacadi/...oom/visu18.jpg
Old 06-19-2007, 06:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Now Christian clothes are starting to be a big dissapointment to me. Mary doesn't know how to dress him according to the occasion he is always dress like a normal day in school even if he is attending a christening !Maybe something like this:
http://www.jacadi.fr/site_uk/jacadi/...oom/visu18.jpg
I have yet to see small Danish children going to kindergarten and pre-school dressed in such a nice and formal jacket which Frederik had chosen for his son last Sunday at the christening!!!
The example you have chosen is cute - but way way more informal and casual than the clothes you keep complaining about.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Christian was wearing a kurta in Margrethe's and Henrik's 40th anniversary shots

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...2062debd6b.jpg
Old 06-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

what I like about that picture is that Lillepigen looks like she is wearing a huge bow, but it's really just her grandfather Henrik's pocket square!

Closed Thread

Tags
catharina-amalia, children, children fashion, elisabeth, ingrid-alexandra, isabella, leonor, little royal fashion, princess fashion