The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Royal Highness

The two Amalias

Amalia Countess of Solms-Braunfels (1602-1675),
Princess of Orange (1625-1647),
Princess-Douairière of Orange (1647-1675)
Daughter of

Johann-Albrecht I Count of Solms-Braunfels
&
Agnes Countess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein

Catharina-Amalia, Hereditary Princess of Orange,
Princess of the Netherlands,
Princess of Orange-Nassau,
Daughter of

Willem-Alexander, Prince of Orange, Prince of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg
&
Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti,
elevated in 2002 as Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau

I like it that the Prince and Princess have dressed their daughter to her great namesake!

Pictures from Rijksmuseum and Seegerpress / uploaded via my webspace

Old 08-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Other outfits of Infanta Leonor in Mallorca:

-cute floral dress (from terra)

-white and red dress in marine style (hola)

-another white set with matching espadriles (getty, originally posted by lula)

-Ibiza style white dress (EPA via ANP, originally posted by lula)

-pink dress from photosession next to Marivent palace (polfoto, originally posted by Lucidu)

Old 08-13-2006, 05:51 AM
Courtier

Love all those toddlers pictures, they are oo cute. Amalia looks cute Leonor (specially in her green dress) so does Leonor (she more and more has bourbon looking in my opinion http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=3328361.jpg)
Old 08-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Royal Highness

These are all adorable children. Their "photoshoot/special occasion" outfits are beautiful and look to be of very good quality. I have to confess that I love shopping for my children's clothing. I have to call on all of my willpower when I pass my local Gymboree.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Amalia and Alexia Clothing

Since I have not found a thread onthis, I thought that I would start one.

Has anyone else ever noticed that Amalia and Alexia are ALWAYS wearing the same clothes? I am all for that once in a while, but I think it would be nice to see them in something else periodically.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Old 10-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Royal Highness

I think that the two young ladyships do not always dress the same, see the baptism of Princess Alexia, when she was dressed in her great- great- grandmother Wilhelmina's lace gown (1880) and her sister in a cute green velvet gown with lace collar à la her namesake Princess Amalia of Orange (1602-1672).

But indeed, for the rest they seem dressed very alike. I think this will automatically change when the ladyships will become older ánd when they will have a little Prince as a brother.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I think all children cloths are beautiful, always think that they are always dresses to look just as good as their parents. Leonor has some cute little dresses
Old 11-24-2006, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Prince Christian in Australia
Old 12-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

One thing that somehow annoys me is the fact that Cristina dresses her children almost only with clothes from Zara. I have nothing against Zara (I also buy clothes there for my own little folks and I find them actually very cute), but seriously, we see every child in Spain (and abroad...) dressing those same cheap clothes...
I mean, they're grandchildren of the king... If it was Letizia the one dressing her children with clothes from Zara, I'm sure the whole press would criticise her...
Old 12-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

I believe that there are moments and moments. The children grow rapidly, it is absurd to spend a lot of money in clothes that in a little time does not suit them; Zara does clothes modern, of good quality to a reasonable price. But like it happens with the adults, there are moments and moments. Zara is not for an official act, but yes to go to the school or for the vacations.

The Princess, the Infantas (included Leonor this summer), the political Spanish women, the women who occupy the most elegant lists of this country .... they mix Zara's clothes with clothes of national and international designers.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
I believe that there are moments and moments. The children grow rapidly, it is absurd to spend a lot of money in clothes that in a little time does not suit them [...] there are moments and moments. Zara is not for an official act, but yes to go to the school or for the vacations.
Well, every time I see Irene (even in the photo they sent as a Christmas card), she's using the same clothes I bought for the children in my family... As I said, I have nothing against buying clothes in Zara for my children or for the children of a politician... but they're cheap clothes (cute, but cheap, therefore accessible to any person earning the minimum income).

I'm not saying she should buy only clothes from Burberry's or other expensive labels, but dressing Zara in 50% of the time is a bit too much. I prefer, for example, the way Elena dresses her children... If you go to a superstore like El Corte Inglés, you find there clothes that are not very expensive, but that have better quality and, above all, are different from those worn by everybody...

I could even tell you how much each of Irene's clothes cost...
Old 12-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

i really don't know that but the dress that leonor wore in the Xmas card seemed to me, Neck & Neck.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Royal Highness

I think it is a good thing that they are down to earth with their expenditures. Yes, they are the grandchildren of the king, but they are not going to have the same financial level as their parents and cousin Leonor when they grow up. They will have to get jobs and earn a living. The Urdangarin's are giving their children a good dose of reality.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennyllorac
I think it is a good thing that they are down to earth with their expenditures. Yes, they are the grandchildren of the king, but they are not going to have the same financial level as their parents and cousin Leonor when they grow up. They will have to get jobs and earn a living. The Urdangarin's are giving their children a good dose of reality.
I see what you're saying and I'm the last person to advocate that members of a royal family should spoil their incomes on designer clothes! Not at all. I'm not saying they should by expensive clothes... just that they should have some standards. Nothing too high, but not the clothes everybody buys.
I doubt the Urdanganrins don't have suficiant income to buy clothes more expensive than 20€.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Courtier

It doesn't bother me that Infanta Cristina buys her kids' clothes from Zara, but what really bothers me is the fact that she dresses her kids alike, always matching.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
One thing that somehow annoys me is the fact that Cristina dresses her children almost only with clothes from Zara. I have nothing against Zara (I also buy clothes there for my own little folks and I find them actually very cute), but seriously, we see every child in Spain (and abroad...) dressing those same cheap clothes...
I mean, they're grandchildren of the king... If it was Letizia the one dressing her children with clothes from Zara, I'm sure the whole press would criticise her...
It is not the clothes that make the person, but the person who wears the clothes who make the difference. Cristina's children are beautiful even if they wear "cheap" clothes. I don't know about you, but if you can find great looking clothes for cheap, I would buy them. Children grow so fast it is silly to spend so much, even for the King's grandchildren.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Prince Christian in Australia
This photo is sooo cute. May I say that Christian is looking very smart

About The Urdangarin kids, I wish Cristina wouldn't dress them all the same, though she doesn't do it as much anymore. Personally I think it's good that she dresses them in 'cheaper' (not designer) clothes. I guess that because I didn't know the clothes were from Zara, I hadn't noticed a pattern. I just thought they were very nice, cute kids clothes
Old 12-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Courtier

I like Cristna dress them in the same way, it looks lika a good brotherhood¡
I hope Letizia do the same with her 2 beautifull little girls
Old 12-31-2006, 06:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
I see what you're saying and I'm the last person to advocate that members of a royal family should spoil their incomes on designer clothes! Not at all. I'm not saying they should by expensive clothes... just that they should have some standards. Nothing too high, but not the clothes everybody buys.
I doubt the Urdanganrins don't have suficiant income to buy clothes more expensive than 20€.
I agree for you for at least two things:

1. Some trademark, very fashionned for kids....are in a very bad quality, it's more than cheap, it's quite an offense for the consumer because according the idea that everybody can and may to buy correct clothes for the kid, this trademark sale anything ( quiet rubbish ) that children are very found of because it's look like movies' heroes, foreign's fashion... ( no name) and so on..

2. I'm sure that the Infanta Cristina can spent more money for her kids and in fact.... she do because at each season, she is changing all the wardrobe of all her kind kids! and it's here where my opinion is a little bit diffrent yours, because if you consider, as we can see, the turn over of the clothes of her boys who are quiet allways matching up, in definitive it's a lot of clothes and a lot of money!

But as you, I prefere the way of dress of the Infanta Elena, because the children have various clothes: chic ones, uniformes, and sport and casual; and as you know, the education of the taste have to begin earlier....even if , AFTER, your so beloved teen agers are wearing ...baggy pants ( but...they like that )

One thing is absolutly certain is that for an officiel portrait, an important day the children have to be well dressed by respect of the ceremony/act/meaning and that to play football, they can wear anything ( in reality is not true because the colou of the team )
Old 12-31-2006, 05:07 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

I love the way Princess Letizia, Infanta Elena, and Princess Maxima dress their children.
Really fashion! IMO

Tags
catharina-amalia, children, children fashion, elisabeth, ingrid-alexandra, isabella, leonor, little royal fashion, princess fashion