Fashion for the little Royals: February 2006 - April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The two Amalias

Amalia Countess of Solms-Braunfels (1602-1675),
Princess of Orange (1625-1647),
Princess-Douairière of Orange (1647-1675)
Daughter of

Johann-Albrecht I Count of Solms-Braunfels
&
Agnes Countess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein
d10.jpg

Catharina-Amalia, Hereditary Princess of Orange,
Princess of the Netherlands,
Princess of Orange-Nassau,
Daughter of

Willem-Alexander, Prince of Orange, Prince of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg
&
Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti,
elevated in 2002 as Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau
d11.jpg

I like it that the Prince and Princess have dressed their daughter to her great namesake!

Pictures from Rijksmuseum and Seegerpress / uploaded via my webspace

Other outfits of Infanta Leonor in Mallorca:

-cute floral dress (from terra)

-white and red dress in marine style (hola)

-another white set with matching espadriles (getty, originally posted by lula)

-Ibiza style white dress (EPA via ANP, originally posted by lula)

-pink dress from photosession next to Marivent palace (polfoto, originally posted by Lucidu)

These are all adorable children. Their "photoshoot/special occasion" outfits are beautiful and look to be of very good quality. I have to confess that I love shopping for my children's clothing. I have to call on all of my willpower when I pass my local Gymboree.

Amalia and Alexia Clothing

Since I have not found a thread onthis, I thought that I would start one.

Has anyone else ever noticed that Amalia and Alexia are ALWAYS wearing the same clothes? I am all for that once in a while, but I think it would be nice to see them in something else periodically.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

I think that the two young ladyships :lol: do not always dress the same, see the baptism of Princess Alexia, when she was dressed in her great- great- grandmother Wilhelmina's lace gown (1880) and her sister in a cute green velvet gown with lace collar à la her namesake Princess Amalia of Orange (1602-1672).

But indeed, for the rest they seem dressed very alike. I think this will automatically change when the ladyships will become older ánd when they will have a little Prince as a brother.

I think all children cloths are beautiful, always think that they are always dresses to look just as good as their parents. Leonor has some cute little dresses

One thing that somehow annoys me is the fact that Cristina dresses her children almost only with clothes from Zara. I have nothing against Zara (I also buy clothes there for my own little folks and I find them actually very cute), but seriously, we see every child in Spain (and abroad...) dressing those same cheap clothes...
I mean, they're grandchildren of the king... If it was Letizia the one dressing her children with clothes from Zara, I'm sure the whole press would criticise her...

I believe that there are moments and moments. The children grow rapidly, it is absurd to spend a lot of money in clothes that in a little time does not suit them; Zara does clothes modern, of good quality to a reasonable price. But like it happens with the adults, there are moments and moments. Zara is not for an official act, but yes to go to the school or for the vacations.

The Princess, the Infantas (included Leonor this summer), the political Spanish women, the women who occupy the most elegant lists of this country .... they mix Zara's clothes with clothes of national and international designers.

lula said:
I believe that there are moments and moments. The children grow rapidly, it is absurd to spend a lot of money in clothes that in a little time does not suit them [...] there are moments and moments. Zara is not for an official act, but yes to go to the school or for the vacations.
Well, every time I see Irene (even in the photo they sent as a Christmas card), she's using the same clothes I bought for the children in my family... As I said, I have nothing against buying clothes in Zara for my children or for the children of a politician... but they're cheap clothes (cute, but cheap, therefore accessible to any person earning the minimum income).

I'm not saying she should buy only clothes from Burberry's or other expensive labels, but dressing Zara in 50% of the time is a bit too much. I prefer, for example, the way Elena dresses her children... If you go to a superstore like El Corte Inglés, you find there clothes that are not very expensive, but that have better quality and, above all, are different from those worn by everybody...

I could even tell you how much each of Irene's clothes cost...:rolleyes:

i really don't know that but the dress that leonor wore in the Xmas card seemed to me, Neck & Neck.

I think it is a good thing that they are down to earth with their expenditures. Yes, they are the grandchildren of the king, but they are not going to have the same financial level as their parents and cousin Leonor when they grow up. They will have to get jobs and earn a living. The Urdangarin's are giving their children a good dose of reality.

Ennyllorac said:
I think it is a good thing that they are down to earth with their expenditures. Yes, they are the grandchildren of the king, but they are not going to have the same financial level as their parents and cousin Leonor when they grow up. They will have to get jobs and earn a living. The Urdangarin's are giving their children a good dose of reality.
I see what you're saying and I'm the last person to advocate that members of a royal family should spoil their incomes on designer clothes! Not at all. I'm not saying they should by expensive clothes... just that they should have some standards. Nothing too high, but not the clothes everybody buys.
I doubt the Urdanganrins don't have suficiant income to buy clothes more expensive than 20€.

It doesn't bother me that Infanta Cristina buys her kids' clothes from Zara, but what really bothers me is the fact that she dresses her kids alike, always matching.

Elsa M. said:
One thing that somehow annoys me is the fact that Cristina dresses her children almost only with clothes from Zara. I have nothing against Zara (I also buy clothes there for my own little folks and I find them actually very cute), but seriously, we see every child in Spain (and abroad...) dressing those same cheap clothes...
I mean, they're grandchildren of the king... If it was Letizia the one dressing her children with clothes from Zara, I'm sure the whole press would criticise her...

It is not the clothes that make the person, but the person who wears the clothes who make the difference. Cristina's children are beautiful even if they wear "cheap" clothes. I don't know about you, but if you can find great looking clothes for cheap, I would buy them. Children grow so fast it is silly to spend so much, even for the King's grandchildren.

dazzling said:

This photo is sooo cute. :wub: May I say that Christian is looking very smart :lol:

About The Urdangarin kids, I wish Cristina wouldn't dress them all the same, though she doesn't do it as much anymore. Personally I think it's good that she dresses them in 'cheaper' (not designer) clothes. I guess that because I didn't know the clothes were from Zara, I hadn't noticed a pattern. I just thought they were very nice, cute kids clothes :rolleyes:

I like Cristna dress them in the same way, it looks lika a good brotherhood¡
I hope Letizia do the same with her 2 beautifull little girls

Elsa M. said:
I see what you're saying and I'm the last person to advocate that members of a royal family should spoil their incomes on designer clothes! Not at all. I'm not saying they should by expensive clothes... just that they should have some standards. Nothing too high, but not the clothes everybody buys.
I doubt the Urdanganrins don't have suficiant income to buy clothes more expensive than 20€.

I agree for you for at least two things:

1. Some trademark, very fashionned for kids....are in a very bad quality, it's more than cheap, it's quite an offense for the consumer because according the idea that everybody can and may to buy correct clothes for the kid, this trademark sale anything ( quiet rubbish ) that children are very found of because it's look like movies' heroes, foreign's fashion... ( no name) and so on..

2. I'm sure that the Infanta Cristina can spent more money for her kids and in fact.... she do because at each season, she is changing all the wardrobe of all her kind kids! and it's here where my opinion is a little bit diffrent yours, because if you consider, as we can see, the turn over of the clothes of her boys who are quiet allways matching up, in definitive it's a lot of clothes and a lot of money!

But as you, I prefere the way of dress of the Infanta Elena, because the children have various clothes: chic ones, uniformes, and sport and casual; and as you know, the education of the taste have to begin earlier....even if , AFTER, your so beloved teen agers are wearing ...baggy pants:yuk: :eek: ( but...they like that:ohmy: )

One thing is absolutly certain is that for an officiel portrait, an important day the children have to be well dressed by respect of the ceremony/act/meaning and that to play football, they can wear anything ( in reality is not true because the colou of the team:lol: )

I love the way Princess Letizia, Infanta Elena, and Princess Maxima dress their children.
Really fashion! IMO

Roxsteve said:
It is not the clothes that make the person, but the person who wears the clothes who make the difference. Cristina's children are beautiful even if they wear "cheap" clothes. I don't know about you, but if you can find great looking clothes for cheap, I would buy them. Children grow so fast it is silly to spend so much, even for the King's grandchildren.
Sorry, but that line that clothes don't make the person is simply demagogic. From that perspective, why would adult royals buy their clothes and gowns in exclusive shops and designers, instead of buying them in C&A or Zara? They rarelly use their clothes more than twice anyway...

We simply don't expect royals to be wearing the same clothes you see in the baker, as kind and loveble the baker may be. If you read my posts above, you'll see that I don't have a problem with me buyng Zara or C&A, but Infanta Cristina is not the same person I am. She's not only richer than me; she belongs to another class; she's a royal.

Of course children grow up very fast and it's not wise spending fortunes on clothes to attend school. If you read what I said, I didn't say she should spend 500€ in clothes with her children. What I said is that Zara is that kind of label you see everywhere you look around. It's massified. There are dozens of labels in Spain which are not too expensive, but are more selective, and that's what we are talking about; about being different from me, as good and wise I may be.

I remember that Letizia was very criticised before the wedding, because she appeared wearing clothes from Massimo Dutti (which is a far more exclusive label than Zara), in private lunches with friends and visits to her grandparents... and she wasn't even a royal yet.

I like the way Infanta Cristina dresses her boys alike. It looks very nice in pictures. cristina and Elena were dressed identically as little girls and many times Felipes coordinated or was the male version of what they were wearing. I have noticed most royal brothers and sisters are dressed alike. Caroline and John Kennedy had a lot of brother sister outfits and it was darling.

planetcher said:
It doesn't bother me that Infanta Cristina buys her kids' clothes from Zara, but what really bothers me is the fact that she dresses her kids alike, always matching.

i agree with you. i really wouldn't care about the brand--why does Zara have to be a bane for the Urdangarin children's wardrobe? (BTW, here in my country, Zara is considered a luxury brand because it's impprted). it's more irritating, to say the least, to see them wearing identical clothes all the time. even little Irene is wearing the same jacket as her brothers, and she's a girl! the kids are growing up and soon they might not appreciate the fact that they all have the same clothes. sometimes dressing up the same isn't fun.:)

i've seen photos where the Urdangarin boys are wearing different clothes, and IMO that should happen more often now. (IMO) it helps bring out their peculiar personalities too.

So many cute royal kids! And more on the way!!!!

Last edited:
the traditional dresses which both Mathidle and Letizia dress their girls in is so sweet

leonor have the best clothes, so feminine... some1 have a nice pics form de blue dress she wear today, for see her litle sister Sofia?

I love Leonor's outfits! They are so cute and very "girly", but also with a casual, comfortable edge. Christian does look like a little grown up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom