Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 9: April 2016 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Louise looked lovely again today at Trooping the Colour and she even had a nice little updo with a fascinator again.

Lady Louise

Louise does look lovely. Pretty dress. The updo suited her and her age.

I like Charlotte's pale pink dress. Very simple and lovely. Still don't like how George is being dressed.

I like Charlotte's pale pink dress. Very simple and lovely. Still don't like how George is being dressed.

I like Charlotte's dress too. It's very cute and traditional - which is how I expected Charlotte to be dressed. Lady Louise wore similar dresses as a toddler so I expected Charlotte to be dressed the same and will be dressed this way for formal occasions for a while.

I don't mind how George is dressed as we know in "down time" he is dressed like any other toddler. James was always seen in shorts and shirts from a young age. It's a Windsor thing.

I think it's neat George is wearing what William wore. I managed to get a shirt my husband wore when he was around 6 and our son wore it too (even had school pics made in it just like the husband's)....I think it's cool.

Charlotte was very cute in her pink dress and barette.

LaRae

Charlotte and George are dressed beautifully in a traditional, unfussy manner. Love the pink bow and pale pink shoes
Louise has a nice hairdo but I don't like the cardigan. It looks more schoold days than festive. If it wasn't such a bright color, matched her dress more, and unbuttoned, it would have been prettier.

Last edited:
Lady Louise looks absolutely lovely, but I prefer her look for Trooping The Colour. She looks exactly like her paternal grandmother, especially when her hair is up. George and Charlotte look so sweet, especially Charlotte, with her pale pink dress and a hair clip to match.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 9: April 2016 -

Charlotte looks adorable in her pink dress. Is it smocked? The detail on the front is lovely from what I can see. The little sleeves are cute too. This is my favorite outfit of hers so far. George looks cute too.

Last edited:
Who was the cute little boy in the sailor top? Another classic look. He was in front of camilla

One of Camilla's grandchildren?

LaRae

I like Charlotte's dress too. It's very cute and traditional - which is how I expected Charlotte to be dressed. Lady Louise wore similar dresses as a toddler so I expected Charlotte to be dressed the same and will be dressed this way for formal occasions for a while.

I don't mind how George is dressed as we know in "down time" he is dressed like any other toddler. James was always seen in shorts and shirts from a young age. It's a Windsor thing.

I agree Molly. Apparently this has been identified as one of William's old outfits that was worn to Harry's christening. So like the Bernadottes, the Windsors are happily reusing the special occasion outfits worn by the previous generations. All of QEII's grandsons have worn similar outfits to royal events and in portraits when they were young children. :) In the very near future he'll be wearing something similar to James.

Louise does look lovely. Pretty dress. The updo suited her and her age.

I think this is a very pretty hairstyle for Louise.

Last edited by a moderator:
George's outfit is quite sweet, and Charlotte's dress is gorgeous. I love the vintage feel of it, and her little bow is a cute touch. Her pale pink shoes were lovely, too.

Louise looked charming today, I love the colours of her outfit and her headpiece/hair decoration was beautiful.

Lord Nicholas Windsor's son, Albert (? - I think it could most likely be him as well) looked so sweet in his sailors suit. The children in the BRF don't seem to wear sailors suits that much now, so it's nice to see him "reviving" them. I think sailors suits are so smart and classical.

:previous: Yes they are Hereditary Princess. I think the last time I saw was at CP Victoria's wedding when her pages wore them.

George's outfit is quite sweet, and Charlotte's dress is gorgeous. I love the vintage feel of it, and her little bow is a cute touch. Her pale pink shoes were lovely, too.

Louise looked charming today, I love the colours of her outfit and her headpiece/hair decoration was beautiful.

Lord Nicholas Windsor's son, Albert (? - I think it could most likely be him as well) looked so sweet in his sailors suit. The children in the BRF don't seem to wear sailors suits that much now, so it's nice to see him "reviving" them. I think sailors suits are so smart and classical.

HereditaryPrincess: I almost always agree with you! I loved what the children were wearing. I loved Princess Charlotte's little pink dress, Prince George wearing something of his father's; Lady Louise looked so sweet and pretty; James, handsome. And, Loved the sailor suit. I love the "old-fashioned" way of dressing children. Marie Chantal has some wonderful clothes in her line and I notice that Princess Estelle is often wearing them.

Maybe onn the british soil, but at least, in my environment, I find it hard to find a toddler dressed in that way. Don't get me wrong, it's fine to see a cute little boy dressed like Lord Fauntleroy, but I wish he wore at least different colors that blue. I can't like this retro look. Imo it looks really surrwal and outdated.

Charlotte was dressed as a little munchkin, but I guess that, for girls, it's somehow easier to find a classical, yet modern airy frocks.

What's George supposed to wear at a formal occasion? A tiny suit and tie? He is toddler and growing all the time. I can totally see why the British boys rock shorts when small because their pants would have to keep being lengthen to keep up with their grow.

I like how George looks. I go to consignment sales in my area to get clothes for my friend's son who is a year younger than George. When I discuss with my friend what type of clothes she is looking for we refer to it as the Prince George look -polos, dressy shorts, shorts overalls.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous:It's a classic look for little boys. Since William's parents took the time and effort to save some of his outfits, it appears that there was a plan to have other children wear them at some point in the future.

Lady Louise looks fine! She is wearing a very nomral raincoat, but she added a pop of color with a bright handbag! Well done!

:previous:It's a classic look for little boys. Since William's parents took the time and effort to save some of his outfits, it appears that there was a plan to have other children wear them at some point in the future.

The British Royals seem to keep all of their clothes. They busted out Charles's suit for the coronation for the BP summer exhibition a couple of years ago. Charles, William, George are all future Kings so they knew when they were born to keep their clothing.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Lady Louise looks absolutely delightful today! That trench coat is so stylish and I love the addition of her mum's D&G handbag to set her outfit off. Louise looks so pretty today and has done all weekend. This weekend has been a big fashion outing for Louise and she did well, thanks to her mum of course!

Louise has had a big weekend, and looked great all three days :flowers:

Love the classic trench coat. Of the royal ladies I have seen so far, she is the one best dressed for the weather. I love mom leant her the purse.:)

I quite liked her blue dress yesterday as well, forgot to comment. I also like she had her hair up which is a different look on her.

I agree. Plus I am sure they were all beautifully made. Young mothers today would probably have dressed son in a Mickey Mouse tank and jeans thinking that was proper and modern. Everyone taste certain is different. I too prefer the classic look for all special occasions, even church, weddings and especially funerals to which all small children seem to attend in this day and age. When play time and muddy is the norm, jeans perfect. JMO

Lady Louise looks absolutely delightful today! That trench coat is so stylish and I love the addition of her mum's D&G handbag to set her outfit off. Louise looks so pretty today and has done all weekend. This weekend has been a big fashion outing for Louise and she did well, thanks to her mum of course!

Her trench coat was quite stylish. It's very traditional, yet the details in the back add a little something special. And the pink bag is perfect.

Louise has had a big weekend, and looked great all three days :flowers:

Love the classic trench coat. Of the royal ladies I have seen so far, she is the one best dressed for the weather. I love mom leant her the purse.:)

I quite liked her blue dress yesterday as well, forgot to comment. I also like she had her hair up which is a different look on her.

I agree with almost all of this. Louise certainly has had a big weekend, and has also looked wonderful throughout. I think her trench coat today is quite stylish, and she looks good in it. The little pink bag is pretty too and it's cute that it belongs to Sophie's collection.

Lady Louise looks great. She's rocking the trench coat and the bag adds a touch of color to her look.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom