The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the hat because it is like mom's, and I think that was the point. Looking at the baptism, Estelle seems to be in that stage. I like that she was trying to look like mommy in the picture.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:20 PM
Nobility

I would have loved a hat like that at that age. And secretly I still do. 😊

Old 06-08-2016, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was wondering about the Royal girls growing up, I see all of them use flats shoes, as we do not have a teenager jet wonder what age the royal girls use high heels? Maxia's daughter is very tall and Mathilde's daughter she is close to be a teenager and both they use flats. I see some girls here very young using really high heels, but I do not see appropriate
Old 06-08-2016, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness

That is a question for each girl with her mothers go ahead to decide but I think both of the young ladies you mentioned are old enough for a kitten heel to start. Honestly I think many of these Royal ladies must have bad feet from walking in high heels constantly for years and decades.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Well, I think different here. I think that that large hat is quite ugly and doesn't flatter anyone, the least a child.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I like the hat because it is like mom's, and I think that was the point. Looking at the baptism, Estelle seems to be in that stage. I like that she was trying to look like mommy in the picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I would have loved a hat like that at that age. And secretly I still do. 😊
Well Marty, that's a shame but I love it and think Estelle's sun hat looks lovely. She probably loves it because, as Countess pointed out, it's like her Mums.

Elenath, I am lucky enough to have worn hats like that all my life. The Summer sun here can be quite brutal and if you're fair-skinned like me you just burn and peel, repeatedly. At the moment I have 3 good hats and 1 for round home left over from Summer. All have wide brims.

Sun hats are for protection but if you have to wear one have fun, shake it up and enjoy!
Old 06-09-2016, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Well Marty, that's a shame but I love it and think Estelle's sun hat looks lovely. She probably loves it because, as Countess pointed out, it's like her Mums.

Elenath, I am lucky enough to have worn hats like that all my life. The Summer sun here can be quite brutal and if you're fair-skinned like me you just burn and peel, repeatedly. At the moment I have 3 good hats and 1 for round home left over from Summer. All have wide brims.

Sun hats are for protection but if you have to wear one have fun, shake it up and enjoy!
I'm sure that that hat is very usuful for protection and all, but to me it's something that belongs to an older woman... there are many lovely hats for little girls... I'm sorry, but I can'y help disliking it!
Old 06-09-2016, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

You should not feel sorry. Your opinion has as much validity as any other :) I actually felt the same way about that mini fascinator she had glued to her head at the Christening. I think she is going through a mommy and me phase though ��
Old 06-10-2016, 12:58 AM
Majesty

I am sure you are right, Estelle is going through the "Mommy and Me" phase and some things will look cute and others, not so much.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Does Louise still count as a little royal?!
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id539171728
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkldSapUoAAFlwH.jpg:large
Old 06-10-2016, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

I think they are considered "little" until 16 or 18. Thanks for those pics - I was just going to share the second in which we can see Louise is wearing a flat - but a very grown up ballet flat with gold decoration. She got the "wear nude shoes" memo. And she is wearing a proper fascinator. For those of us who think fascinators can be proper.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:13 AM
Serene Highness

She is a proper poised young lady now no doubt.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Gentry

Thank goodness! It is about time they put her in an age appropriate outfit that doesn't make her look like she is 5 years old.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Lady Louise's coat is by Zara, her fascinator is by her mum's old favourite Jane Taylor and her dress was Dolce and Gabbana.

She looked absolutely lovely today and so age appropriate. Starting her out with the nude pumps at a young age!
Old 06-10-2016, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Louise looks really lovely. Age appropriate and very stylish for the day In her casual clothes she has always looked her age and personality, nice to see at events she is now being allowed to dress as the teen she is.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I think louise looked very lovely and enadearing...
Old 06-10-2016, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I also loved that she was carrying a little clutch bag. What does a 12 year old carry in there? Either way I love it!
Old 06-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Serene Highness

Louise looked lovely and I am sure she is cringing to think she is still in the little royals thread.... but I agree here she belongs for another year or so. Bravo Louise a charming age appropriate debut. very elegant and hopefully those horrible white tights have been banned forever from her closet. she is a proper young lady with nude ballet flats and a pretty pink coat.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is a lovely look for Louise and it's age appropriate. Not always an easy task for her parents to find a the right outfit because Louise is tall for her age. It's possible that she will be QEII's tallest granddaughter.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:10 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, Louise looked lovely. I read once that she actually has a stubborn streak in what she wears so maybe parents and young teen finally on same page. Been there, done that and not always easy when it comes to dressing up. Casual, who cares. Proper affair could always be a hassle. I believe she is growing into a really pretty young lady.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I was wondering about the Royal girls growing up, I see all of them use flats shoes, as we do not have a teenager jet wonder what age the royal girls use high heels? Maxia's daughter is very tall and Mathilde's daughter she is close to be a teenager and both they use flats. I see some girls here very young using really high heels, but I do not see appropriate
I can only answer for this area and most young ladies start wearing high heels around 16 but have worn tiny 1/2 inch to church around 14. I think it depends on the area, the occasion and the child.