The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 03:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I know I’m in the minority, but I can’t help it... I really don’t like the clothes children in the BRF wear. But they sure are cute.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:47 AM
Gentry

Charlotte looks fine to me.
George is dressed in his usual dumb, IMO, way. But he's not the only kid who dresses like that, of course. Even many school uniforms have long sleeved shirts and cardigans, long socks and then short pants.
I'm just grateful my parent never thought I'd look cute dressed up like that.

Old 09-25-2016, 04:21 AM
Serene Highness

Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 9: April 2016 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I know I’m in the minority, but I can’t help it... I really don’t like the clothes children in the BRF wear. But they sure are cute.

I agree, especially George's outfit. It doesn't look classical or vintage to me but just old fashioned .
Shorts too short, socks too high, harsh black, a grandpa shirt. http://www.gettyimages.be/license/610202354
Plus those long socks itch, don't they George ?
http://www.gettyimages.be/license/610269572
Old 09-25-2016, 05:39 AM
Serene Highness

I like the way the British royal children are dressed. They look like children not mini adults nothing inappropriate. They dress like this on formal occasions on others they dress like other kids.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge, née Kate Middleton, often favours Spanish designers when it comes to dressing her children Prince George and Princess Charlotte, with a particular favourite being Pepa & Co.

As George touched down for his royal tour of Canada wearing an outfit from the retailer, we talked to the label's founder Pepa Gonzalez about how it feels to have the royal seal of approval...
Read more: Prince George and Princess Charlotte's designer talks dressing the young royals
Old 09-25-2016, 10:57 AM
Administrator

The three Dutch Princesses in lovely dresses at the christening of Prince Carlos in Parma, Italy, today, September 25:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Full view 3 **
Old 09-25-2016, 01:07 PM
Royal Highness

Charlotte looks cute, but I don't care for the schoolboy outfits they put on George. The BRF tend to have their children dress really old-fashioned, just like Louise here: Sophie Countess of Wessex completes 450-mile cycle from Edinburgh to Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online Who at the age of 12, dresses like an 80 year old.

The Dutch princesses look really lovely
Old 09-25-2016, 01:37 PM
Majesty

I love how Charlotte and George are dressed. As someone pointed out, they look like children, instead of like mini-adults. In my opinion, children look better in vintage-style/old-fashioned clothes, because those styles are more age-appropriate. The Dutch Princesses look OK, but nothing special.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:43 PM
Nobility

There are plenty of clothing brands out there that don’t make children look like mini adults while still being at least a bit modern. Look at the DRF... they seem to pull it off. Ditto for the Belgian royal family and the SRF.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't like the way George is dressed, I'm not a fan of that kind of style for boys. And I agree with Elenath, on the 21st century there are a lot of variaty and there are, of course, clothes who are appropriate for children and still be modern.

I like Charlotte dress, it's traditional but I don't think it's old-fashioned. I like it's light blue color. Her hair is a bit long, I hope they cut it a bit (never liked babies and toddlers with "big" hair/hair on the shoulders).

The dutch princesses are nicely dresses but nothing to memorable. I like Amalia's dress but I don't think that style suits her. Alexia's dress is the one I like the least.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:01 PM
Courtier

I fail to see the big difference between how George dress and how the children of the SRF and DRF dress.
The Children of the Swedes are still wearing clothes from the 70s and 80s.
There ain't nothing old fashion about how the George and Charlotte dress
Christian wearing short, a button long sleeves shirt and sweater for the first day of school
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...6jtBzgPcXl.jpg
Old 09-25-2016, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

The one thing i don't like about P.George's outfit is the pair of black leather shoes...would like it much better if the shoes were a bit less stiff

Of the dutch trio i like P.Ariane's outfit, and am very greatful that the days of wearing the same outfit are now truely over
Old 09-25-2016, 03:10 PM
Courtier

He wasn't going to wear any other shoes when its official business. lol
Old 09-25-2016, 03:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

That doesn't mean i have to like 'em
Imo i don't mind the formal wear (when dad is in a suit, George won't wear flipflops ) but it would have been nice to have a touch of blue in the shoe as well, there are quite nice examples out there that are still vwpery dressed-up
Old 09-25-2016, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
The one thing i don't like about P.George's outfit is the pair of black leather shoes...would like it much better if the shoes were a bit less stiff

Of the dutch trio i like P.Ariane's outfit, and am very greatful that the days of wearing the same outfit are now truely over
I'm giggling at myself, because when I saw the shoes, all I could think was "His first big boy shoes" and then I got all wistful. My mom kept our "transition" shoes and would pull them out and get all misty eyed. And her silly, tender heart made us love her all the more. And I thought his feet in those shoes looked so cute next to his dad's feet. And I bet he took them off the very moment that he could!
Old 09-25-2016, 10:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the way George and Charlotte are dressed in traditional children's clothes. And, thank you Rudolph, for including that interview with Pepa, the Spanish company, where many of their clothes come from. They seem to be priced a lot more reasonably than many of the other traditional childrens clothes makers such as Marie Chantals brand.
I assumed Lady Louise's outfit was a school uniform, if not, it is not up to date enough for someone her age.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love Charlotte's smocked dresses.

If were Louise were my daughter, I admit I'd have her dressed differently.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:26 AM
Majesty

Just getting rid of those ghastly white tights and shortening the skirt would have made a world of difference.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
I fail to see the big difference between how George dress and how the children of the SRF and DRF dress.
The Children of the Swedes are still wearing clothes from the 70s and 80s.
There ain't nothing old fashion about how the George and Charlotte dress
Christian wearing short, a button long sleeves shirt and sweater for the first day of school
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...6jtBzgPcXl.jpg
The main difference are those awful long sock underneith the short trousers. Christian is wearing short socks.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

And we are unable to cede an inch of ground on the subject of little boys socks. In some families they are simply happy to have shoes and socks. IMO, sock-gate does not have a leg to stand on.