The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 05:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

3rd Birthday Prince George

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...9177122963.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...9177139135.jpg

Old 07-22-2016, 08:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Finally a casual and more modern look! I love George's sweather, and he looks adorable with those beige shorts!

Old 07-22-2016, 08:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Finally a casual and more modern look! I love George's sweather, and he looks adorable with those beige shorts!
Well, he's bigger now so his look is evolving accordingly. Smocking and rompers etc is common on babies and toddlers, now he's in the age of shorts (with kneesocks in winter) and after a few years in school it's time for long pants. At least this is how I've heard is the classic way to dress a boy in the UK.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Well, he's bigger now so his look is evolving accordingly. Smocking and rompers etc is common on babies and toddlers, now he's in the age of shorts (with kneesocks in winter) and after a few years in school it's time for long pants. At least this is how I've heard is the classic way to dress a boy in the UK.

I know but it is a matter of tastes! And I don't like at all "vintage" or "tradtional" looks! I'm sorry but I just can't! I think this gorgeous little boy looks so muc better in shorts and funny sweaters!
Old 07-22-2016, 10:14 AM
Majesty

I love George's outfits for his birthday pictures. I think it has a vintage look with a modern touch. I'm a lover of traditional-style clothing for children. You can dress your child in contemporary clothing, but avoid all the frills and that's what Catherine appears to be doing with her children. I'm forever grateful that George is not seen in clothing with various cartoon characters/superheroes on them. To me, that's tacky and tasteless.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
The children are dressed beautifully. Elizabeth, who is 13 , correct?
Elisabeth will turn 15 in three months; it's Gabriel who is nearly 13 (in four weeks).
Old 07-23-2016, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Princess Elisabeth in a black and white dress at the Belgian National Day fireworks on July 21:

** Full view **
Old 07-23-2016, 12:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Elisabeth in a black and white dress at the Belgian National Day fireworks on July 21:

** Full view **
I like it a lot!
Old 07-23-2016, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Very , very beautiful!!!
Old 07-23-2016, 11:58 PM
Heir Apparent

She is adorable, love the black and white dress, almost 15!
Old 07-26-2016, 05:44 AM
Serene Highness

Look at Jacques' cool shoes!
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MCclIyioM...abriella-4.jpg
Old 07-26-2016, 02:20 PM
Majesty

Little Jacques looks like he's ready for the beach. Very cute.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I just found the new Seraphine Diana collection. It's a tough one to figure the right thread, but since Kate wore Seraphine, I'm putting it here.
The dressmaker has launched a baby line using the Diana tartan from Lochcarron. Proceeds go to the Diana Award.

I have a soft spot in my heart for plaid and remember the tartan when it came out. Meh was my reaction. (see Lochcaron's tartan page: Princess Diana Tartan | Lochcarron of Scotland)
But this baby line seems a better idea.
If you have not seen the press, styles can be found: BABY CLOTHES FOR YOUR LOVED ONES | Seraphine
Old 07-27-2016, 12:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I just found the new Seraphine Diana collection. It's a tough one to figure the right thread, but since Kate wore Seraphine, I'm putting it here.
The dressmaker has launched a baby line using the Diana tartan from Lochcarron. Proceeds go to the Diana Award.

I have a soft spot in my heart for plaid and remember the tartan when it came out. Meh was my reaction. (see Lochcaron's tartan page: Princess Diana Tartan | Lochcarron of Scotland)
But this baby line seems a better idea.
If you have not seen the press, styles can be found: BABY CLOTHES FOR YOUR LOVED ONES | Seraphine
And I'm in love . These are absolutely perfect for little ones. I think George is a bit too old for any of the options for boys, but Charlotte would look precious in any of the skirts, or dresses. I hope Catherine buys a few outfits from her for Charlotte to wear. How perfect would the dresses be for Balmoral ?

Old 07-27-2016, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
And I'm in love . These are absolutely perfect for little ones. I think George is a bit too old for any of the options for boys, but Charlotte would look precious in any of the skirts, or dresses. I hope Catherine buys a few outfits from her for Charlotte to wear. How perfect would the dresses be for Balmoral ?
You know, Daria - I like them too and at first I thought hurrah for Charlotte to wear. The pastel tartan is a great choice for kids - certainly more-so than for grownups. And I love the traditional styles with the quirkiness of the patch pockets.

But then I thought, maybe not. It's a little creepy, JMO. Plus it's a fairly obvious commercial ploy. Even if it is for The Diana Award, it does get Seraphine out into a new market. They are kinda crossing the Diana effect with the Charlotte effect??? Maybe I am just to cynical for my own good.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
You know, Daria - I like them too and at first I thought hurrah for Charlotte to wear. The pastel tartan is a great choice for kids - certainly more-so than for grownups. And I love the traditional styles with the quirkiness of the patch pockets.

But then I thought, maybe not. It's a little creepy, JMO. Plus it's a fairly obvious commercial ploy. Even if it is for The Diana Award, it does get Seraphine out into a new market. They are kinda crossing the Diana effect with the Charlotte effect??? Maybe I am just to cynical for my own good.
My thought was that Charlotte could wear these outfits in private, rather than in front of cameras. I'm sure Catherine can buy these and ask the company to keep things quiet. I don't see her as someone who would buy something just because it's a good way to advertise, especially when it involves her deceased mother-in-law.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:45 PM
Courtier

I doubt Seraphine would be able to keep quiet, since they are always talking especially when it comes to Kate
Old 07-28-2016, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think George's outfit is rather sweet. It's casual, but still smart and not too informal IMO.

Whilst it's not to my personal taste, I think Elisabeth looks very lovely in her black and white dress. She looks so grown up!

Jacques and Gabriella looked cute in South Africa, Jacques shoes are indeed rather cool.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-28-2016, 08:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
He looks so cute. I love the whale shirt.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Elisabeth: Lovely young woman. Happy she is dressed as such and not a little girl. I love the tunic look, and a formal portrait where a girl is not in a dress Her white lace was perfect and she stole the show from her mom as best dressed. 2 events actually, I quite liked the black and white dress and much better than mom's jumpsuit.

Not a fan of the Diana tartan. I don't like the color. If the Cambridge kids wear tartan, Balmoral tartan would look cute or Will has enough Scottish blood, pick a family tartan. I always hated my family is on English side of border so no tartan (except devil's brigade tartan).

Jacques and Gabriella are so cute, happy was right about swim outfit. Love the hat and his shoes.

Closed Thread