Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 12: June 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 12 of the thread about the fashion for the little and teenage royals!

You can find the old thread here:

** Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 11: September 2017 - June 2018 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

She took them off during the church service.

Little Alexander will not like what he was wearing when he gets to be a little older. ‘Oh, Mother, why did you make me wear that?’ All the kids are very cute.

"Because your father wore it in the 80's as well"

Not a very convincing argument for such an outfit but that's what it is...

The Swedish children at the christening of Princess Adrienne at Drottningholm Palace Church today, June 8:

** Alexander & Oscar ** **

This picture could easily have been taken several decades ago :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Little Alexander looks absolutely adorable and so does Gabriel. I bet Alexander’s outfit was his fathers, how wonderful for Silvia to keep them. Good to have these all outfits , rompers, for boys while they are in diapers. It elongates their look, and of course keeps the shirt tucked in, another elongating principle

Little Alexander looks absolutely adorable and so does Gabriel. I bet Alexander’s outfit was his fathers, how wonderful for Silvia to keep them. Good to have these all outfits , rompers, for boys while they are in diapers. It elongates their look, and of course keeps the shirt tucked in, another elongating principle
You're right, Alexander's outfit was worn by Carl Philip at the Te Deum celebrating Madeleine's birth in 1982.

I always think such hairstyle is very “princess-like” and it suits her so well.

Lady Louise looks wonderful today. The deep blue is a great color for her.

I love Louise hairstyle, and she looks great in blue, but somehow the whole look makes her look older than she is, after all she's 15. A bit to serious imo, but maybe that's just her style.

Lady Louise is no longer a child--very grown up looking today. I love her hat and hairstyle.

Louise looks so grown up! I bet she had the time of her life riding in the carriage with her cousins & mother. Her hair style is really cute.

Last edited:
I love Louise hairstyle, and she looks great in blue, but somehow the whole look makes her look older than she is, after all she's 15. A bit to serious imo, but maybe that's just her style.

I think she is a bit serious - or maybe the better way to put it is that she has always been the child who enjoys the company of grown ups. And she has never showed much frivolity! Except - maybe in her growing interest in hats! Even when younger, the things we would see her in at horse shows was a bit buttoned up.

This suit is a do-over BTW. Easter 2017

I thought Alexander's outfit actually had a certain sense of vintage charm to it, he looked adorable - and it's nice to hear that it's recycled from his father's wardrobe. The SRF seem to enjoy handing down outfits. Leonore's dress was very pretty, perfect for a summer event - I love the little daises.
All children looked wonderful at Trooping, too. I always love how Albert and Leopold Windsor wear the classical sailor suits, since they don't seem to be worn so much by royal children anymore. They look like they're straight out of a 1920s picture book. ? Lady Louise is blossoming into quite a pretty young lady; too. I love her outfit.

:previous:
Do not like the expression on his face, guess it is the camera I bet. His daughter looks lovely though...just not him at all!

Gorgeous kids! That picture of Zayed in his top hat shaking hands is too cute for words!

Princesses Maria Carolina and Maria Ciara attends the closing ceremony and Golden Nymph awards of the 58th Monte Carlo TV Festival on June 19

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...ess-camilla-of-bourbontwo-picture-id978781526

The Belgian Royal Children at the photoshoot of the Royal Family's vacation at the Villers Abbey in Villers-la-Ville, Sunday 24 June

http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:137475578:1800x650:w?v=5b2b8ed5&m=mbjillma

Princesses Maria Carolina and Maria Chiara at the "White Party" held at the Monaco Ambassadors Club in Monaco on 6 July

https://api.profimedia.com/data/large-preview/4/0/0377146503/profimedia-0377146503.jpg
https://api.profimedia.com/data/large-preview/4/0/0377146465/profimedia-0377146465.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I though the red dress is too much grown up for her age! nice dress but I though not for her. The light pink it looks more appropriate dress for a young girl

Sheikha Al Jalila on day 4 of Royal Ascot today, June 22 - the red dress is not really made for her age.

** Full view ** Upper part **

I don't know if it just happened for the photographers to only catches her on serious moments, but last year she was smiling all around and enjoying the all thing. this year not so much. As for the fashion, she has better outfits last year, especially her hats. I know she's just a little girl, but Royal Enclosure is very strict about these things, and yet she went for fascinators instead of proper hats.

I don't know if it just happened for the photographers to only catches her on serious moments, but last year she was smiling all around and enjoying the all thing. this year not so much. As for the fashion, she has better outfits last year, especially her hats. I know she's just a little girl, but Royal Enclosure is very strict about these things, and yet she went for fascinators instead of proper hats.

Yes, the royal enclosure is strict, but in no way was she breaking any code.

From the royal ascot dress code website:

Girls (aged 10-17) should dress in accordance with the Ladies’ dress code. However, they may wear a headpiece or fascinator as an alternative to a hat, without any size restriction.

The Belgian kids look cute. Bit mismatched in levels of dress. Elisabeth and Emmanuel look nice and casual, enjoying a summer day. Gabriel in his button down shirt, dress loafers and sweater looks more ready for a royal engagement then a summer day. Eleanor at least her dress is summery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom