Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 12: June 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the royal enclosure is strict, but in no way was she breaking any code.

From the royal ascot dress code website:

The Belgian kids look cute. Bit mismatched in levels of dress. Elisabeth and Emmanuel look nice and casual, enjoying a summer day. Gabriel in his button down shirt, dress loafers and sweater looks more ready for a royal engagement then a summer day. Eleanor at least her dress is summery.

Thanks for the clarification, I had the feeling girls were allowed to wear fascinators rather than hats.

I love that the Belgian kids are mismatched. It speaks about their personality, but at the same time I wish the boys wore sweatshirts, jeans and sneakers in public instead of those serious trousers and loafers (it is quite sad to see boys in loafes tbh). That's why I love Elisabeth's look. It is perfect for an open air trip.

A very pretty striped dress for Mia. She looks so tall in the first photo!

Princess Maria Carolina and Princess Maria Chiara at the final day of the Longines Global Champions Tour of Monaco 2018 on June 30:

** Pic **

Prince Felix, Prince Henrik and Princess Athena on Felix' last day at school at Krebs' School this week:

** Full view ** Felix **

Charlotte and George at their brother's christening today, July 9:

** Full view **

Classic Cambridge Childrens outfits.

I’m not a fan of Charlotte’s mid part hair.

I’m amazed by how much Charlotte’s face changes depending on her hair style of the day - when she has it pulled back, parted one way, parted another way... she looks like a very different girl each time we see her. It’s funny in a way, as I think George has probably changed more over the years (from a chubby baby to a lankier child), but he’s maintained much of the same look about the face for the last couple years (since his hair really came in at least).

I’m amazed by how much Charlotte’s face changes depending on her hair style of the day - when she has it pulled back, parted one way, parted another way... she looks like a very different girl each time we see her. It’s funny in a way, as I think George has probably changed more over the years (from a chubby baby to a lankier child), but he’s maintained much of the same look about the face for the last couple years (since his hair really came in at least).

Totally agree and first thing I thought today - I almost did not recognize Charlotte at all - George on the contrary the same look as always.

Agreed. It really is amazing how different she looks based on her hair style.

The Cambridges do seem to like blue for Charlotte. She always wears such lovely dresses on formal occasions, and today's wasn't an exception. Her shoes are an unusual colour too and I like how they match her dress. I agree with those who said she looks so different; almost like another child!
George looks smart and is dressed how he usually is for such events.

Adorable. Charlotte sure looks like her mum in the photo.

Charlotte is starting to slim down in her face and lose that toddler look, I have a granddaughter the same age and it's happening with her as well.

LaRae

Charlotte is a cutie,she is growing fast like all the kids now days:D
she looks princessy in that dress

I think most of the ladies (those who will be in the pics, except 1 or 2) were wearing varying shades of blue too ..including the kids!

LaRae

It seems we are seeing Charlotte almost exclusively in blue (same type) dresses these days. Previously it was red or pink.

Edit: Hereditary Princess made the same obervation (I took my quote from a different topic and moved in here)

Last edited:
My 14 year old son dresses just like Aymeric & Nicolas. As a matter of fact, he owns each of those pieces. Well, the Macy's versions ;)

Sheikha Al Jalila at the Moet & Chandon July Festival, Day 1, Ladies Day at Newmarket Racecourse yesterday, July 12 - once again an outfit I wouldn't have chosen for her young age, but she most probably has a mind of her own ;)

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 **

And the Dutch Princesses at the annual summer photosession today, July 13:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Full view 3 ** Upper part **

Last edited:
Unfortunately I can't see the photos of Sheikha Al Jalila on my desktop due to family settings; as it seems to have prohibited photos from photo sharing sites.

The AAAs all look nice, though Alexia's dress is my favourite. Amalia's dress looks like a donation from her mother's wardrobe, she looks very grown up in it.

I like all three of the Dutch girls’ dresses, although Alexia’s is my favourite overall. I don’t really like the pattern on Amalia’s but she looks great in those colours.

The girls are all grown up! love their looks , just Amalia's dress I think too big prints for her body type I do not like it, long sleeves for a summer day not y cup of tea and I think make her to look too matron ! but her shoes with the little heel there are lovely!
Alexia is so pretty......and Ariana, looks very nice too

Much better than their parents...

(..)

Estelle...No, not a pretty little girls dress....

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Estelle's simple yet festive dress. Oscar is adorable.

The Sweden kids are cute (as usual) (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked Estelle's dress. She is always sweet looking and so was now too. And nice see her hair being open too. Not anything wrong in other styles though.

For the Dutch princesses. I don't like Amalia's dress, and it doesn't do her any favors. The print is not suited for a young girl like her, and long sleeves! Bad choice. Alexia looks good and she is so pretty now, can't believe she looks so grown up...I like her dress, but it's a bit tight on her chest area, it looks like a dress she owned because it looks like it doesn't fit anymore after she is becoming a "woman". As for Ariane, boring look, nothing special as always.

On the Swedish soil, Estelle looks sooooo pretty with her hair like that (not braids and ponytail for once)! And her dress is beautiful too! Beautiful girl! Oscar is so cute! But I don't care much for his clothes.

EDIT:
Estelle's dress for the evening is more relaxed than the formal one she wore during the day. It's a pretty dress, and looks confortable. But I wanted her hair to be the same during the day, but it seems they changed the hairstyle.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with Estelle's dress today and don't think it's not for a little girl. It's perfectly fine and she looks very cute in stripes. She looks so grown up with her hair like that! I wouldn't have recognised her if I wasn't so in touch with the SRF.
Her pink dress at the concert was lovely too. Estelle is always dressed in such wonderful outfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom