Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 11: September 2017 - June 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe not feeling well today, as he was pictured crying, but perfectly dressed: James at the Easter church service at St Georges Chapel at Windsor Castle today, April 1:

** Full view **

Sofia's dress seems a little childish for her to me, and there's something about it that makes it seem like it's from an old family photo from the '70s.

Leonor's dress is nicer - the pattern is pretty.

Louise looks so grown up in high heels! Looks as if she had some help from her mother in the wardrobe department as I can imagine her outfit on Sophie herself.

Looking at the outfits Infantas Leonor and Sophia are wearing, it is hard they will be 12 and 13 this year. They both dress like they are 7 and 8 years old. Too childish to me. A little bit like lady Louise a few years ago. At least Louise is not wearing white tights and Mary janes any more.

The Lady Louise looks every bit a young lady and I love it. Edward and Sophie were very wise to dress her for her age even as she got taller and taller, she still had white tights and Maryjanes. Dressing her for her age instead of what she would have preferred as well as we fashionista, served a very important role as it designated her as what she was, a child.

When she turned thirteen she was allowed to dress like a young lady, fascinators, stockings, heels (small) and all. Sophie and Louise must have had a ball shopping for new clothes because she would definitely have needed them. But the wait was worth it. It let her be a child and it kept the media away.

Perhaps that notion too is what lies behind the way Letizia and Felipe dress their two girls.

ps: a note on Gabrielle's dress for the rugby. Every tried to persuade a three-year-old that she couldn't wear her fun new gumboots to bed?

So happy to see Louise looking that good... I so remember the traumatic time of her birth and the following days when I prayed for her and her mother.

Leonor and Sofia are only 12/13 and 11/12 respectively. Besides, unlike some girls who mature earlier, they still have a very child-like look and, I would dare say, even look younger than their age. Why do posters here keep insisting that they dress prematurely like adults ? I think they both looked lovely at the Easter mass today.

The infantas look impeccable as usual, I like their matching shoes. They are still children and dressed appropriately, I think Sofia’s dress does look very 70s and fun.
Lady Louise looks very nice. I do think, in her case, the white tights and Mary Janes were carried on too long. They could have nixed the tights after age ten for example and still dressed her age appropriately.

I have a great-niece the same age and if I'm honest I find the way she is allowed to dress more than a little shocking. She got her first heels at 11! Admittedly, she is tall but she is still a child and should be both dressed as a child and treated as one.

I do not understand the mindset of parents that allow their young daughters to dress well above their age. My niece said it was such fun for her and her daughter to play with makeup and shopping together was fun. :bang:

Thank heavens for parents such as the Wessex's and the King and Queen of Spain to dress the children as children and better still, allow them to be, and to be seen, for what they actually are, children!

Leonor and Sofia are only 12/13 and 11/12 respectively. Besides, unlike some girls who mature earlier, they still have a very child-like look and, I would dare say, even look younger than their age. Why do posters here keep insisting that they dress prematurely like adults ? I think they both looked lovely at the Easter mass today.

They will be beauties when they get older. I believe you are right they do look younger than their age especially Leonor.

Sofía was born in 2007, she’s 10 and will be 11 in three weeks. Her height and poise may make her seem older but she’s still basically a little girl. I think both Leonor and Sofía looked lovely today.

Maybe not feeling well today, as he was pictured crying, but perfectly dressed: James at the Easter church service at St Georges Chapel at Windsor Castle today, April 1:

** Full view **

Poor kid, I wonder what's going on with him here?

I think Leonor and Sofia looked fine. I don’t really like the style of either of the dresses but they were both appropriate for going to Easter mass. I don’t necessarily think the dresses are too young for them, either. Sofia is still a child. Leonor is at the age where things can go either way - some girls in her year at school would no doubt look and feel ridiculously childish in that dress, and would want something a little more grown up, others essentially still ARE children, both physically and mentally.

Leonor is starting to mature/look more adolescent in the face, though, (IMO the Borbon is becoming more obvious in her, and gradually less so in her sister). I think by this time next year she’ll be dressed in something slightly more sophisticated.

I think the issue stems from some people see clothes as coming in only 4 stages: infant, child (appropriate from 3-12 just need larger size), teen (13-18) and adult. This is where we get the royal children who are dressed alike despite their age (like the 3 A's, and the Spanish infantas).

The reality is there is a big difference between a 7 a year old and a 12 year old. And the clothes that Leonor wears, would have looked appropriate on her five years ago. She can look like a tween without being dressed like an adult. She is not much younger then Louise, but dressed at least four years younger. Louise was dressed more maturely this time last year.

Leonor looks like a little house on the prairie print dress and Sofia like some seventies school girl. To be quite honest, if Leonor was in Sofia's dress, she would look a bit less kiddy. Sofia's dress is a bit more mature.

Louise looked quite lovely today :flowers:

Wondering if James is not feeling well. He didn't look like he was having a good day.

Louise is an elegant young lady. Leonore sticks to her usual style and Sofia's dress is cute and fun, both outfits are well suited.

Preteen is a quite complicated and confusing stage, it's difficult to find the balance (either too mature or too childish). I think as long as they feel comfortable with what they wore (and appropriate for the circumstances) then it's fine.

Leonor and Sofia look very pretty. I think they dress like most children their age here in Spain. This is a country that loves their clothes and their children are almost always dressed very smartly. I think Leonor's outfit seem a tad young for her age but it will change very soon. Sofia's outfit is fun and seems like she likes to experiment. I suspect she will have daring, experimental fashion choices in the future.

I adore those trench coats on Leonor and Sofia; I agree they're more sophisticated and grown up (I can imagine Letizia wearing one; wonder if they took a shopping trip together). Love the colours of their trousers too.

:previous: But they are still dressed as matching bookends. I love the trench on Leonor and Sofia but some way must be made to dress the girls differently as the girls are both treated exactly the same. (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wearing the same trench coats is hardly wearing matching outfits. We have seen the girls wearing different styles in their clothes. Though I do think Leonor is still dressed way too young most of the time.

The trench is stylish and modern. It would look good on someone older as well. Appropriate for both girls.

(..)

The trench coats of the girls was perfect on them, they looked almost ready for a sports event. (..)

(..)

As to the girls style. I do agree that sometimes Leonor dresses a bit to childish for her age, but she still has looks of a young girl. I suspect that puberty as not started for her yet (..) I believe Leonor will start that phase pretty soon, so no need to worry about her young looks or childish clothes.

The Danish children all looking very lovely and well-dressed at Queen Margrethe's 78th birthday celebration today, April 16:

** Group photo 1 ** Group photo 2 **

Last edited:
They are all beautifully dressed but I especially love Josephine’s tweed dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom