The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I adore Amalia's coat, but I'm a little biased because I have one myself that looks incredibly similar, although mine is a darker shade of yellow and has two sets of buttons instead of just one - but at first, I thought she had the same one as me. Ariane looks cute in her little cape but I think Alexia is the best dressed out of the three sisters. Her dress is absolutely gorgeous and I like her cardigan too.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-27-2017, 01:52 PM
Courtier

Three lovely girls - their wrist corsages are very sweet. They all seem excited to be celebrating their dad's big day!

Catharina-Amalia's hair is beautiful, and I love her coat.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

They look lovely, lovely hair , and colour coordinating , just I would love to see Amalia's dress.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:29 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

According to modekoninginmaxima.nl, the yellow coat of princess Amalia comes from Zara. Her dress was by Natan.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:30 PM
Majesty

Alll three girls looked lovely. Especially liked Amalia.

And I agree they all seemed very happy celebrating dad.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I like alexia ensemble the best. They all looked very well groomed and sweet
Old 04-30-2017, 05:55 AM
Majesty

The thre Dutch Princesses at the 50 Birthday party for the King yesterday

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-pRIAGXcAA6Ix2.jpg

I like the other 2 girls but not Amalia look. Is the same she wore at the Greek wedding in London February 4

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...6284416087.jpg
Old 04-30-2017, 07:01 AM
Nobility

Sorry but I don't like any of the dresses. Ariane's dress looks lovely but doesn't she own any other overclothes than that cape? Alexia's dress looks too casual for the event and that black belt looks out of place. Amalia's dress (coat?) looks too dark on someone so young.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

What is the code or protocol for young girls in an event like this where everybody has long dresses? If I go to a wedding where the ladies are with a gown I would choose something more elaborate and more party dress for my daughter . I really think there are ok, but nothing special, Love Arana has a bracelet in her ankle and in the photo looks like Ariana has some lipstick or gloss?
is this website that has beautiful dresses fr girls, I think I would choose any of this ones:
Golden Shimmer Girl's Party Dress
Shimmering Elegance Girl's Special Occasion Dress
Dramatic Sparkle Girl's Black Velvet Holiday Special Occasion Dress with sparkling silver sequin embroidery
Sparkling Champagne Silver Sequins Girls Christmas Holiday Dress.
Girls Special Occasion Dress Girls Party Dress Enchanted Snow Queen Dress
Golden Swirls Exclusive Girl's Special Occasion Dress.Made in the USA
Old 04-30-2017, 12:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just a small correction, if i see correctly it's Alexia who has the ankle bracelet, not Ariane..
Old 04-30-2017, 01:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
What is the code or protocol for young girls in an event like this where everybody has long dresses? If I go to a wedding where the ladies are with a gown I would choose something more elaborate and more party dress for my daughter . I really think there are ok, but nothing special, Love Arana has a bracelet in her ankle and in the photo looks like Ariana has some lipstick or gloss?
is this website that has beautiful dresses fr girls, I think I would choose any of this ones:
Golden Shimmer Girl's Party Dress
Shimmering Elegance Girl's Special Occasion Dress
Dramatic Sparkle Girl's Black Velvet Holiday Special Occasion Dress with sparkling silver sequin embroidery
Sparkling Champagne Silver Sequins Girls Christmas Holiday Dress.
Girls Special Occasion Dress Girls Party Dress Enchanted Snow Queen Dress
Golden Swirls Exclusive Girl's Special Occasion Dress.Made in the USA

If the girls were say Josephine or Estelles age, those dresses would be cute.

But on princesses who the youungest is ten, they would IMO be quite childish.

I think all the girls look quite lovely for their age. I actually like Amalia.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
If the girls were say Josephine or Estelles age, those dresses would be cute.

But on princesses who the youungest is ten, they would IMO be quite childish.

I think all the girls look quite lovely for their age. I actually like Amalia.
I know I guess we have all different views, I think the dresses any of them would go well with Alexia or Ariana, may be Amalia that is older she would be nice inthis one:

Girls Special Occasion Valentines Dress 7-16 Bright Pink Glitz Tween Girl's Party Dress

Amalia the coat it is beautiful and the dress it is nice too, Just I think the dress it is too much grown up.

For me Ariana and Alexia they have a day dress not a party dress and evry lady is in gowns, would be interested to see how the othr kids are dress.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:49 PM
Majesty

I guess I look at children with a twenty first century eyes. The idea a dress is appropriate for a 7 year old and a 16 year old the model of that dress is likely about 8 at most. What 13 year old girl wants to be dressed like a 8 year old? I am glad they have got to the stage where they realize their girls don't need to be dressed in matching outfits.

Girls don't need to wear shimmering puffy Easter like dresses for a party. Amalia and Alexia at least are at ages where they will have opinions on their own clothes.

Any girls their age at the party are probably dressed quite similar. I am sure little girls like Estelle if she was there, were in fluffy party dresses like your picks.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:57 PM
Majesty

i think what ariane and alexia wore looks totally fine, but the dress and coat on amalia looks awkward to me. firstly, the two pieces don't seem to match, and secondly, they don't look like child / teenage wear to me. in fact, they almost look like stolen out of the closet of a grandma. :(
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-30-2017, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

To me it looks like the girls were allowed to pick what they wanted to wear themselves, within reason of course. I think that's great, especially given that while the picture was made public the event itself was a private party. I actually like that a little of their own sense of style comes through; to me it's similar to how their mother dresses appropriately but with a lot of flair and originality.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree. Amalia's dress is growing on me, at first I wasn't so sure but now I like it. It's fun but still manages to look elegant - my only qualm with it now would be that it's slightly old for her at the moment. Ariane's outfit is cute, I like her dress - the colour is gorgeous. I personally wouldn't pair her cape with it, but I get the impression that Ariane is rather fond of her capes so if the girls did get to chose their outfits, the cape makes sense. Alexia's dress is lovely.
Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar of Sweden wearing beautiful clothes at their grandfather's birthday celebrations today:

Estelle + Oscar

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-01-2017, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Princess Charlotte on her 2nd birthday photo wearing a lovely John Lewis cardigan:

** Pic ** dailymail article with information about the cardigan **
Old 05-01-2017, 09:47 AM
Majesty

I don't like the cardigan that much. I think that maybe it looks a bit outdated...
Old 05-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I like her outfit. She looks cute! She looks very much like her Mom.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I kind of like it. Probably because I'm attracted to Fair Isles sweaters. I really like the blue fuzzy sheep on the sweater. Charlotte probably does too if, as been reported, she loves animals.