The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 09:13 AM
Aristocracy

I thought the same, Louise's coat and dress are quite short.
A few inches longer and it would have been a great look- She's also sporting a fascinator!

Savannah joins my beloved cape group! And she looks adorable.
Her sister looks cute too, but I don't really like that coat.

Charlotte looks nice as she always does.
George in his usual style, which I really dislike.
Enjoyed the family colour coordination, though.

Old 12-25-2016, 09:21 AM
Majesty

Well, Louise looks underdressed with that coat. I'm also surprised it is so short...

Charlotte looks fine, even if I am not a fan of burgundy. I don't really have words for what George was wearing at church. It would be the same old story to complain about the shorts with this chill.

Old 12-25-2016, 09:31 AM
Aristocracy

Well, I don't think his parents or his nanny would be that dumb to keep dressing him like that if he were cold. Or at least that's what I hope.
Old 12-25-2016, 09:38 AM
Courtier

Some of y'all are going to be mad when George start going to school, shorts and socks are the norms for little boys.
Old 12-25-2016, 09:43 AM
Aristocracy

Not really mad, I'd probably forget about it the second I open the next thread. But still finding it ugly, that's for sure.
Old 12-25-2016, 09:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Going to church has nothing to do with a school uniform, put some long trousers on the poor kid!!
Old 12-25-2016, 10:14 AM
Serene Highness

He's not old enough yet for long trousers - actually, it's relatively mild here at the moment so he shouldn't be suffering too much!
Old 12-25-2016, 11:12 AM
Majesty

In full agreement about Louise's outfit; it's too short for church service, especially a high holiday service. Savannah and Isla look very cute and I love Isla's pink coat. George and Charlotte look precious, as usual. I love the traditional look on children, especially for dressy occasions. The long coat and the knee socks should keep George's legs warm. I'm sure that if it were below freezing out, his parents would not have allowed him to walk outside without being sufficiently warm.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:11 PM
Majesty

I don't get the whole he isn't old enough for pants. Baby clothes come with long pants he isn't in his school uniform or living a hundred years ago, plenty ways to dress kids for church that aren't taken from the early nineteen hundreds.

Charlotte is adorable in her little cranberry look

Savannah and Isla were so cute. I love savannahs little cape.

I like Louise's coat. Starting to look grown up. But dress is quite short. Taking a page from her older cousins, who have known to go quite short in the past.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
He's not old enough yet for long trousers - actually, it's relatively mild here at the moment so he shouldn't be suffering too much!
Yes, the last 2-3 winters have been mild. And look at Sophie, she doesn't even wears a coat.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 12-25-2016, 02:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I don't get the whole he isn't old enough for pants. Baby clothes come with long pants he isn't in his school uniform or living a hundred years ago, plenty ways to dress kids for church that aren't taken from the early nineteen hundreds.
It's a tradition amongst the British aristocracy - by that tradition he isn't old enough. It doesn't have anything to do with living a hundred years ago - they're a young modern family, but happen to prefer a more traditional conservative style of dressing for their children at formal events. Of course, he could wear trousers and I'm sure he does at times.

Personally, I think he looks fine and like I said, the temperatures here, while not tropical, are in double figures so he really isn't freezing. If it had been snowing then I would agree that a smart pair of trousers would be more appropriate. Otherwise, I think it's nice that these small customs are followed.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I liked Louise's coat but her dress was way too short. I am, however, just happy to see her not wearing white tights!

I loved Isla's coat - it's very similar to one Louise wore a few years ago. Savannah looked ever so sweet too.

I liked Charlotte's look but not George's. I love the traditional coats but long trousers would have looked better.
Old 12-25-2016, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
It's a tradition amongst the British aristocracy - by that tradition he isn't old enough. It doesn't have anything to do with living a hundred years ago - they're a young modern family, but happen to prefer a more traditional conservative style of dressing for their children at formal events. Of course, he could wear trousers and I'm sure he does at times.

Personally, I think he looks fine and like I said, the temperatures here, while not tropical, are in double figures so he really isn't freezing. If it had been snowing then I would agree that a smart pair of trousers would be more appropriate. Otherwise, I think it's nice that these small customs are followed.
Thank you for sharing that information Florestane especially since you are living in the UK and would be better informed about today's weather and the clothing traditions for a young boy like George.

A few inches longer and it would have been a great look- She's also sporting a fascinator!

I was a bit surprised to see Louise in a fascinator at her age. Were her cousins Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie wearing them at the same age?
Old 12-25-2016, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince George‘s Christmas coat is completely sold out!

The 3-year-old royal’s knee-length Pepa & Co. outerwear, which he wore to holiday church service near his mother’s childhood home in Bucklebury, was out of stock online just hours after the prince’s outing.
Read more: Prince George's Christmas Coat Sells Out in Hours
Old 12-25-2016, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Lady Louise's coat and dress were too short for a Church Service ,especially on Christmas Day.
Old 12-25-2016, 05:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post

I was a bit surprised to see Louise in a fascinator at her age. Were her cousins Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie wearing them at the same age?
Yeah, they've always had some kind of headwear, even when they were younger than Louise.

Zara 1993

Zara 1994

Beatrice&Eugenie 1999

Beatrice&Eugenie 2001

Beatrice 2002

Here in 2005 the Yorks were a bit older but still Beatrice's hat was memorable
Old 12-25-2016, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Louise ' outfit does seem not too festive and too short but an improvement from other years. George and charlotte are impeccable, as usual, and upholding British customs, as they should, charlotte is still so young! Savannah is the winner, with their lovely enthusiasm and cape.
Old 12-25-2016, 08:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Louise ' outfit does seem not too festive and too short but an improvement from other years. George and charlotte are impeccable, as usual, and upholding British customs, as they should, charlotte is still so young! Savannah is the winner, with their lovely enthusiasm and cape.
Oh, Savannah definitely gets the 'Most Enthusiastic'. She was so eager to take part in everything.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-25-2016, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Lady Louise's coat and dress were too short for a Church Service ,especially on Christmas Day.
I totally agree. Rather surprised she was wearing that.

LaRae
Old 12-26-2016, 12:55 AM
Commoner

I very much liked Lady Louise's whole outfit. I used to wear mini-skirts when younger and when I did, I always wore them to church. I have no problem with that. And a fascinator! So great to see her looking grown up.

Closed Thread