The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #381  
Old 09-02-2017, 04:27 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,465
The Belgian children look great. I love Elisabeth's jacket, it makes her look really trendy and grown up.

I liked what Eloise and Leonore were wearing too.

The shirt is alright on Jacques; but on Gabriella it feels a bit too masculine for me. But perhaps Charlene wanted them to wear matching things and their colours do give a nod to the Monegasque flag. I actually think it's quite charming that Jacques is wearing a plait - I normally don't like plaits on the opposite gender but on little boys they look sweet.
__________________

__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #382  
Old 09-04-2017, 07:33 AM
Tiggersk8's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evansville, Canada
Posts: 2,119
Ye gads is Emmanuel ever a mini me of his Dad now. Wow!! I also love Elisabeth's jacket. Perfect for that young teen trying out what works for her. Trendy, but classic & w/those muted colours, will work w/many outfits...Perfect!!

My goodness is Eloise ever growing into one stunning young lady. She always was a striking looking little girl, but she really is blossoming into a beauty.

Every time Dad sees little Gabriella, he grins & says "A couple more years & look out w/that red hair!!" He was a red head, so knows of what he speaks.
__________________

__________________
Recycle Life ~ Be An Organ Donor!!
Recieved my Kidney Transplant on December 10th, 1993 and will be forever grateful to the family of my donor for the greatest earliest Christmas Present I've ever been given
  #383  
Old 09-04-2017, 07:57 AM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
The shirt is alright on Jacques; but on Gabriella it feels a bit too masculine for me. But perhaps Charlene wanted them to wear matching things and their colours do give a nod to the Monegasque flag. I actually think it's quite charming that Jacques is wearing a plait - I normally don't like plaits on the opposite gender but on little boys they look sweet.
What is masculine about it? The fact that her brother wears the exact same one? It's just a red and white polo shirt, and masculinity and femininity are social constructs.
__________________
"I am Denmark's first female Prime Minister. But you know what? I won't be the last."
— Helle Thorning-Schmidt, former Prime Minister of Denmark

  #384  
Old 09-04-2017, 09:21 AM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
What is masculine about it? The fact that her brother wears the exact same one? It's just a red and white polo shirt, and masculinity and femininity are social constructs.
(..)

If you used that smiley because you thought I was being sexist, I want to highlight that sexism was absolutely not my intention and I'm actually a feminist myself. I made the comment about Gabriella's shirt being masculine, not because she and her brother were wearing the same thing (which was something I found quite cute), but just because the style of it was a little boyish for my personal taste.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #385  
Old 09-04-2017, 11:47 AM
Elenath's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nuth, Netherlands
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
If you used that smiley because you thought I was being sexist, I want to highlight that sexism was absolutely not my intention and I'm actually a feminist myself. I made the comment about Gabriella's shirt being masculine, not because she and her brother were wearing the same thing (which was something I found quite cute), but just because the style of it was a little boyish for my personal taste.


I kind of agree with you in regards to the clothes. It's boyish to me as well. And now I don't know which one is Jacques and which one is Gabriella. Especially now that their hairstyle is the same.
  #386  
Old 09-04-2017, 12:14 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,895
I for one love it. So tired of every Princess being paraded in little pretty dresses to every event. Add to it usually bows, pink or purple.

Girls wear pants. They wear polo shirts. Polo shirts are made for both genders. We see grown princesses wear them and do we get confused if they are wearing husbands clothes?
  #387  
Old 09-04-2017, 12:18 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I for one love it. So tired of every Princess being paraded in little pretty dresses to every event. Add to it usually bows, pink or purple.



Girls wear pants. They wear polo shirts. Polo shirts are made for both genders. We see grown princesses wear them and do we get confused if they are wearing husbands clothes?


I repeat. Sexism was not the intention of my original post. Please see my post above Elenath's and hopefully you will understand my thought process. I'm not asking you to agree with me - I've already explained in that particular post what I meant by the term "masculine".

It is obviously a great thing that girls can now wear the same clothes as boys. I'm not saying that it isn't. All I'm saying is that it was simply a matter of my personal taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I kind of agree with you in regards to the clothes. It's boyish to me as well. And now I don't know which one is Jacques and which one is Gabriella. Especially now that their hairstyle is the same.

I'm glad that at least someone here can understand where I'm coming from.

(I'm on my mobile so if they feel like it's necessary the mods can merge this in with my above post.)
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #388  
Old 09-04-2017, 12:30 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I repeat. Sexism was not the intention of my original post. Please see my post above Elenath's and hopefully you will understand my thought process. I'm not asking you to agree with me - I've already explained in that particular post what I meant by the term "masculine".

It is obviously a great thing that girls can now wear the same clothes as boys. I'm not saying that it isn't. All I'm saying is that it was simply a matter of my personal taste.
I wasn't responding at all to you

Like you I was stating my opinion that I find it refreshing that Charlene doesn't follow the whole a princess has to be dressed like a princess Barbie doll.

Interesting you get all uppity about anyone perceivable ridiculing your opinion. But no one can voice their own.

If my comment was a response to anyone, which it wasn't, it was Elenath. Who implied Gabrielle you can't even tell us a girl becayse she is in pants.

But if I was actually responding to either, I'd have quoted you. I was simply voicing my own opinion it's nice to see a girl in pants.
  #389  
Old 09-04-2017, 01:01 PM
MissByrd's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ashburn, United States
Posts: 220
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I'm glad that at least someone here can understand where I'm coming from.

(I'm on my mobile so if they feel like it's necessary the mods can merge this in with my above post.)
Hello, HereditaryPrincess: I'm with you. Pay no attention to the testy responses. I really don't understand the responses that seem so eager to correct someone's thinking. It really does make The Forums less enjoyable, when there are those who are so quick to "correct" and/or to show that they are "in the know".
The twins are adorable. I'm sure you think so also. Just expressing your opinion. 😀
__________________
"...and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story." C.S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narnia)
  #390  
Old 09-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Elenath's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nuth, Netherlands
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I wasn't responding at all to you

Like you I was stating my opinion that I find it refreshing that Charlene doesn't follow the whole a princess has to be dressed like a princess Barbie doll.

Interesting you get all uppity about anyone perceivable ridiculing your opinion. But no one can voice their own.

If my comment was a response to anyone, which it wasn't, it was Elenath. Who implied Gabrielle you can't even tell us a girl becayse she is in pants.

But if I was actually responding to either, I'd have quoted you. I was simply voicing my own opinion it's nice to see a girl in pants.
That, I’m afraid, is not what I implied. Or at least.. it’s not what I wanted to say. For me the problem isn’t that she’s in boys clothes (whatever that means) but more the fact that they are wearing the same clothes and are wearing the same hairstyle. I hate overly frilly and pinkish clothes for girls and all I ever wanted was a daughter wearing denim coveralls. It looks absolutely awesome to me. But with twins who have almost the same haircolour, wearing the same clothes and hairstyles.. well it’s just confusing to me.
Sooo... I might not have chosen these clothes if they had been my children, but I feel the same way about the way the children in the BRF are dressed. It’s just not my thing. And that has nothing what so ever to do with girls wearing pants.

Also... the “smiley” you used wasn’t very kind to HereditaryPrincess. Especially considering what she said in an earlier post.
  #391  
Old 09-04-2017, 01:59 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 36,292
.

Please note that this thread has been cleaned up. Off topic posts including personal remarks have been removed. Please remain on topic of this thread and stay respectful towards each other! For personal exchanges please use the PM method instead! Thank you!
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #392  
Old 09-05-2017, 02:00 AM
Elenath's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nuth, Netherlands
Posts: 474
Can we just let this go please. Yes male and female is a social construct, but people still have expectations based on it. And those expectations might not be the same for everyone. I didn't like those clothes either and it had nothing to do with it being feminine or masculine. Also... I'm not a fan of overly skinny jeans on toddlers.
  #393  
Old 09-11-2017, 07:01 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 36,292
.

Estelle and Oscar at the Prince Daniel Race in Stockholm yesterday, September 10, Estelle wore a Ralph Lauren dress:


** Estelle ** Oscar ** Oscar ** Oscar ** svenskdam.se dress information **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #394  
Old 09-11-2017, 08:44 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: St. Charles, United States
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
.

Estelle and Oscar at the Prince Daniel Race in Stockholm yesterday, September 10, Estelle wore a Ralph Lauren dress:


** Estelle ** Oscar ** Oscar ** Oscar ** svenskdam.se dress information **
(..)

The kiddies look cute, as usual.
  #395  
Old 09-11-2017, 12:45 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 1,698
Oscar, you little cutie- the pacifier is not a good look for you at your age.
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
  #396  
Old 09-12-2017, 01:17 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,895
(..)

The kids look adorable. Love Estelles look
  #397  
Old 09-12-2017, 07:02 AM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 3,569
Really beautiful children...
  #398  
Old 09-13-2017, 03:45 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,402
(...)

Estelle's jacket on Sunday is from Lindex.
Rosa Vadderad bomberjacka 299 kr _ Lindex
  #399  
Old 09-13-2017, 04:58 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 36,292
.

Off topic posts and comments have been removed. Please use the corresponding current events or general news threads for discussions about the events themselves. Thank you!
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #400  
Old 09-13-2017, 05:56 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: TX, United States
Posts: 411
Oscar is 100% Daniel when he smiles. He & Estelle are the most adorable royal children, IMO.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 9: April 2016 - November 2016 iceflower Archives 402 11-21-2016 06:07 AM




Popular Tags
albania assassination beatrice (1986- ) beatrice borromeo best outfit biography birthday catherine christening crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria crown princess victoria hats cymry denmark duke of cambridge e-mail europe fascism fashion poll fashion poll october 2016 fashio poll king carl gustaf and queen silvia monarchy norway november 2016 october 2016 parliament picture of the week pierre casiraghi prince charles prince felix prince philip princessanne princess beatrice princess charlene princess marie hats princess mary princess mary fashion princess sofia prince william queen anne-marie queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania fashion rohan rohans royalties sally bedell smith state visit succession sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:31 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises