The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The Belgian children look great. I love Elisabeth's jacket, it makes her look really trendy and grown up.

I liked what Eloise and Leonore were wearing too.

The shirt is alright on Jacques; but on Gabriella it feels a bit too masculine for me. But perhaps Charlene wanted them to wear matching things and their colours do give a nod to the Monegasque flag. I actually think it's quite charming that Jacques is wearing a plait - I normally don't like plaits on the opposite gender but on little boys they look sweet.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-04-2017, 07:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ye gads is Emmanuel ever a mini me of his Dad now. Wow!! I also love Elisabeth's jacket. Perfect for that young teen trying out what works for her. Trendy, but classic & w/those muted colours, will work w/many outfits...Perfect!!

My goodness is Eloise ever growing into one stunning young lady. She always was a striking looking little girl, but she really is blossoming into a beauty.

Every time Dad sees little Gabriella, he grins & says "A couple more years & look out w/that red hair!!" He was a red head, so knows of what he speaks.

Old 09-04-2017, 07:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
The shirt is alright on Jacques; but on Gabriella it feels a bit too masculine for me. But perhaps Charlene wanted them to wear matching things and their colours do give a nod to the Monegasque flag. I actually think it's quite charming that Jacques is wearing a plait - I normally don't like plaits on the opposite gender but on little boys they look sweet.
What is masculine about it? The fact that her brother wears the exact same one? It's just a red and white polo shirt, and masculinity and femininity are social constructs.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
What is masculine about it? The fact that her brother wears the exact same one? It's just a red and white polo shirt, and masculinity and femininity are social constructs.
(..)

If you used that smiley because you thought I was being sexist, I want to highlight that sexism was absolutely not my intention and I'm actually a feminist myself. I made the comment about Gabriella's shirt being masculine, not because she and her brother were wearing the same thing (which was something I found quite cute), but just because the style of it was a little boyish for my personal taste.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
If you used that smiley because you thought I was being sexist, I want to highlight that sexism was absolutely not my intention and I'm actually a feminist myself. I made the comment about Gabriella's shirt being masculine, not because she and her brother were wearing the same thing (which was something I found quite cute), but just because the style of it was a little boyish for my personal taste.

I kind of agree with you in regards to the clothes. It's boyish to me as well. And now I don't know which one is Jacques and which one is Gabriella. Especially now that their hairstyle is the same.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I for one love it. So tired of every Princess being paraded in little pretty dresses to every event. Add to it usually bows, pink or purple.

Girls wear pants. They wear polo shirts. Polo shirts are made for both genders. We see grown princesses wear them and do we get confused if they are wearing husbands clothes?
Old 09-04-2017, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I for one love it. So tired of every Princess being paraded in little pretty dresses to every event. Add to it usually bows, pink or purple.

Girls wear pants. They wear polo shirts. Polo shirts are made for both genders. We see grown princesses wear them and do we get confused if they are wearing husbands clothes?

I repeat. Sexism was not the intention of my original post. Please see my post above Elenath's and hopefully you will understand my thought process. I'm not asking you to agree with me - I've already explained in that particular post what I meant by the term "masculine".

It is obviously a great thing that girls can now wear the same clothes as boys. I'm not saying that it isn't. All I'm saying is that it was simply a matter of my personal taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I kind of agree with you in regards to the clothes. It's boyish to me as well. And now I don't know which one is Jacques and which one is Gabriella. Especially now that their hairstyle is the same.

I'm glad that at least someone here can understand where I'm coming from.

(I'm on my mobile so if they feel like it's necessary the mods can merge this in with my above post.)

Old 09-04-2017, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I repeat. Sexism was not the intention of my original post. Please see my post above Elenath's and hopefully you will understand my thought process. I'm not asking you to agree with me - I've already explained in that particular post what I meant by the term "masculine".

It is obviously a great thing that girls can now wear the same clothes as boys. I'm not saying that it isn't. All I'm saying is that it was simply a matter of my personal taste.
I wasn't responding at all to you

Like you I was stating my opinion that I find it refreshing that Charlene doesn't follow the whole a princess has to be dressed like a princess Barbie doll.

Interesting you get all uppity about anyone perceivable ridiculing your opinion. But no one can voice their own.

If my comment was a response to anyone, which it wasn't, it was Elenath. Who implied Gabrielle you can't even tell us a girl becayse she is in pants.

But if I was actually responding to either, I'd have quoted you. I was simply voicing my own opinion it's nice to see a girl in pants.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:01 PM
Aristocracy

Smile

Quote:
I'm glad that at least someone here can understand where I'm coming from.

(I'm on my mobile so if they feel like it's necessary the mods can merge this in with my above post.)
Hello, HereditaryPrincess: I'm with you. Pay no attention to the testy responses. I really don't understand the responses that seem so eager to correct someone's thinking. It really does make The Forums less enjoyable, when there are those who are so quick to "correct" and/or to show that they are "in the know".
The twins are adorable. I'm sure you think so also. Just expressing your opinion. 😀
Old 09-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I wasn't responding at all to you

Like you I was stating my opinion that I find it refreshing that Charlene doesn't follow the whole a princess has to be dressed like a princess Barbie doll.

Interesting you get all uppity about anyone perceivable ridiculing your opinion. But no one can voice their own.

If my comment was a response to anyone, which it wasn't, it was Elenath. Who implied Gabrielle you can't even tell us a girl becayse she is in pants.

But if I was actually responding to either, I'd have quoted you. I was simply voicing my own opinion it's nice to see a girl in pants.
That, I’m afraid, is not what I implied. Or at least.. it’s not what I wanted to say. For me the problem isn’t that she’s in boys clothes (whatever that means) but more the fact that they are wearing the same clothes and are wearing the same hairstyle. I hate overly frilly and pinkish clothes for girls and all I ever wanted was a daughter wearing denim coveralls. It looks absolutely awesome to me. But with twins who have almost the same haircolour, wearing the same clothes and hairstyles.. well it’s just confusing to me.
Sooo... I might not have chosen these clothes if they had been my children, but I feel the same way about the way the children in the BRF are dressed. It’s just not my thing. And that has nothing what so ever to do with girls wearing pants.

Also... the “smiley” you used wasn’t very kind to HereditaryPrincess. Especially considering what she said in an earlier post.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Please note that this thread has been cleaned up. Off topic posts including personal remarks have been removed. Please remain on topic of this thread and stay respectful towards each other! For personal exchanges please use the PM method instead! Thank you!
Old 09-05-2017, 02:00 AM
Nobility

Can we just let this go please. Yes male and female is a social construct, but people still have expectations based on it. And those expectations might not be the same for everyone. I didn't like those clothes either and it had nothing to do with it being feminine or masculine. Also... I'm not a fan of overly skinny jeans on toddlers.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:01 AM
Administrator

Estelle and Oscar at the Prince Daniel Race in Stockholm yesterday, September 10, Estelle wore a Ralph Lauren dress:

** Estelle ** Oscar ** Oscar ** Oscar ** svenskdam.se dress information **
Old 09-11-2017, 08:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Estelle and Oscar at the Prince Daniel Race in Stockholm yesterday, September 10, Estelle wore a Ralph Lauren dress:

** Estelle ** Oscar ** Oscar ** Oscar ** svenskdam.se dress information **
(..)

The kiddies look cute, as usual.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:45 PM
Royal Highness

Oscar, you little cutie- the pacifier is not a good look for you at your age.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-12-2017, 01:17 AM
Heir Apparent

(..)

The kids look adorable. Love Estelles look
Old 09-12-2017, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Really beautiful children...
Old 09-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

(...)

Estelle's jacket on Sunday is from Lindex.
Rosa Vadderad bomberjacka 299 kr _ Lindex
Old 09-13-2017, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Off topic posts and comments have been removed. Please use the corresponding current events or general news threads for discussions about the events themselves. Thank you!
Old 09-13-2017, 05:56 PM
Nobility

Oscar is 100% Daniel when he smiles. He & Estelle are the most adorable royal children, IMO.

Closed Thread