Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 10: November 2016 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I can see, Savannah's dress looks nice and festive. It does remind me a little of a British school winter pinafore, but I still think it's lovely. I also noticed how much Savannah looks like Lady Louise in the first photo, too. She's almost like a little clone of her older cousin.

Jacques and Gabriella were adorable, and I absolutely love Gabriella's festive dress! Jacques's jumper looks really soft as well.

I love Elizabeth's dress! So proper for her age! She still use ballerina shoes I love it! no heels jet! Wonder who is the designer for her dress?

Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella at the Christmas photosession, while Jacques was rather casually dressed, Gabriella was very elegant - both very cute! :)

** Both ** Gabriella ** Jacques ** Both 2 **

Not sure about the dress code, its confusing, Albert & Jacques casual, the boy in trainers like ready for the playground, Charlene and Gabriella festive and elegant.

Not sure about the dress code, its confusing, Albert & Jacques casual, the boy in trainers like ready for the playground, Charlene and Gabriella festive and elegant.

Apparently, Jacques insisted on the trainers. Otherwise, the smart casual look goes with his father's outfit and Gabriella's goes with her mum's. It's difficult for men/boys without looking a bit flamboyant. A sweet photo in spite of the two slightly different styles.

I love the design of this dress for a teen or young woman. I'd buy it for my daughter.
The same! my daughter love it! and I like she still using ballerina shoes! no heels!:flowers:

Louise's skirt is a bit short for Church!

Savanna and Ilsa look very cute.

LaRae

I thought the same, Louise's coat and dress are quite short.
A few inches longer and it would have been a great look- She's also sporting a fascinator!

Savannah joins my beloved cape group! And she looks adorable.
Her sister looks cute too, but I don't really like that coat.

Charlotte looks nice as she always does.
George in his usual style, which I really dislike.
Enjoyed the family colour coordination, though.

Well, Louise looks underdressed with that coat. I'm also surprised it is so short...

Charlotte looks fine, even if I am not a fan of burgundy. I don't really have words for what George was wearing at church. It would be the same old story to complain about the shorts with this chill.

Well, I don't think his parents or his nanny would be that dumb to keep dressing him like that if he were cold. Or at least that's what I hope.

Some of y'all are going to be mad when George start going to school, shorts and socks are the norms for little boys.

Not really mad, I'd probably forget about it the second I open the next thread. But still finding it ugly, that's for sure.

Going to church has nothing to do with a school uniform, put some long trousers on the poor kid!!

He's not old enough yet for long trousers - actually, it's relatively mild here at the moment so he shouldn't be suffering too much!

In full agreement about Louise's outfit; it's too short for church service, especially a high holiday service. Savannah and Isla look very cute and I love Isla's pink coat. George and Charlotte look precious, as usual. I love the traditional look on children, especially for dressy occasions. The long coat and the knee socks should keep George's legs warm. I'm sure that if it were below freezing out, his parents would not have allowed him to walk outside without being sufficiently warm.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't get the whole he isn't old enough for pants. Baby clothes come with long pants :ermm: he isn't in his school uniform or living a hundred years ago, plenty ways to dress kids for church that aren't taken from the early nineteen hundreds.

Charlotte is adorable in her little cranberry look :flowers:

Savannah and Isla were so cute. I love savannahs little cape.

I like Louise's coat. Starting to look grown up. But dress is quite short. Taking a page from her older cousins, who have known to go quite short in the past.

He's not old enough yet for long trousers - actually, it's relatively mild here at the moment so he shouldn't be suffering too much!

Yes, the last 2-3 winters have been mild. And look at Sophie, she doesn't even wears a coat.

I don't get the whole he isn't old enough for pants. Baby clothes come with long pants :ermm: he isn't in his school uniform or living a hundred years ago, plenty ways to dress kids for church that aren't taken from the early nineteen hundreds.

It's a tradition amongst the British aristocracy - by that tradition he isn't old enough. It doesn't have anything to do with living a hundred years ago - they're a young modern family, but happen to prefer a more traditional conservative style of dressing for their children at formal events. Of course, he could wear trousers and I'm sure he does at times.

Personally, I think he looks fine and like I said, the temperatures here, while not tropical, are in double figures so he really isn't freezing. If it had been snowing then I would agree that a smart pair of trousers would be more appropriate. Otherwise, I think it's nice that these small customs are followed.

I liked Louise's coat but her dress was way too short. I am, however, just happy to see her not wearing white tights!

I loved Isla's coat - it's very similar to one Louise wore a few years ago. Savannah looked ever so sweet too.

I liked Charlotte's look but not George's. I love the traditional coats but long trousers would have looked better.

It's a tradition amongst the British aristocracy - by that tradition he isn't old enough. It doesn't have anything to do with living a hundred years ago - they're a young modern family, but happen to prefer a more traditional conservative style of dressing for their children at formal events. Of course, he could wear trousers and I'm sure he does at times.

Personally, I think he looks fine and like I said, the temperatures here, while not tropical, are in double figures so he really isn't freezing. If it had been snowing then I would agree that a smart pair of trousers would be more appropriate. Otherwise, I think it's nice that these small customs are followed.

Thank you for sharing that information Florestane especially since you are living in the UK and would be better informed about today's weather and the clothing traditions for a young boy like George.:)

A few inches longer and it would have been a great look- She's also sporting a fascinator!

I was a bit surprised to see Louise in a fascinator at her age. Were her cousins Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie wearing them at the same age?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lady Louise's coat and dress were too short for a Church Service ,especially on Christmas Day.

I was a bit surprised to see Louise in a fascinator at her age. Were her cousins Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie wearing them at the same age?

Yeah, they've always had some kind of headwear, even when they were younger than Louise.

Zara 1993

Zara 1994

Beatrice&Eugenie 1999

Beatrice&Eugenie 2001

Beatrice 2002

Here in 2005 the Yorks were a bit older but still Beatrice's hat was memorable :lol:

Louise ' outfit does seem not too festive and too short but an improvement from other years. George and charlotte are impeccable, as usual, and upholding British customs, as they should, charlotte is still so young! Savannah is the winner, with their lovely enthusiasm and cape.

Louise ' outfit does seem not too festive and too short but an improvement from other years. George and charlotte are impeccable, as usual, and upholding British customs, as they should, charlotte is still so young! Savannah is the winner, with their lovely enthusiasm and cape.

Oh, Savannah definitely gets the 'Most Enthusiastic'. She was so eager to take part in everything.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Lady Louise's coat and dress were too short for a Church Service ,especially on Christmas Day.

I totally agree. Rather surprised she was wearing that.

LaRae

I very much liked Lady Louise's whole outfit. I used to wear mini-skirts when younger and when I did, I always wore them to church. I have no problem with that. And a fascinator! So great to see her looking grown up.

Totally agree. And unsuitable for a winter day out. Maybe with thik tights would be better. This was a spring outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom