The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 02:52 PM
Majesty

The Spanish girls poses today for the Media at Marivent Palace

http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...c89&m=jaonbedg

Old 07-31-2017, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The girls are cute (Sofia now taller than Leonor) but I don't like their outfits. Leonor's dress is transparent in the sunlight (Lady Di effect) and Sofia's looks like a nightgown.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGFFIipXgAAPB8d.jpg
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...I1275-0168.jpg

Old 07-31-2017, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm not sure which photo made you decide that Leonor's dress was transparent, but I genuinely can't see that particular effect. Sofia's dress is charming, it has a certain Victorian feel about it that I like.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-31-2017, 04:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I'm not sure which photo made you decide that Leonor's dress was transparent, but I genuinely can't see that particular effect. Sofia's dress is charming, it has a certain Victorian feel about it that I like.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGFFIipXgAAPB8d.jpg
the bottom part is transparent through the sunlight.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I looked at that photo beforehand and didn't spot the transparent part before, but perhaps I'm just getting sleepy (or it genuinely isn't transparent...).

Old 07-31-2017, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

I think the girls' outfits are cute. There are a couple of pictures where Leonor's dress is a bit see through when the light hits it the right way. I don't think it's a big deal but possibly something to keep in mind over the next few years as she gets older.

Sofia's dress is sweet but maybe a little babyish for someone her age. The colours really flatter her, though.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

They look lovely as usual and thank goodness they are not being dressed the same!
Old 07-31-2017, 04:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I looked at that photo beforehand and didn't spot the transparent part before, but perhaps I'm just getting sleepy (or it genuinely isn't transparent...).
The dress IS NOT transparent. A person can look hard enough and see what they want to see, I guess.

Both dresses are lovely . . . light, floaty and summery. The girls looks like perfect little angels.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The Spanish girls poses today for the Media at Marivent Palace

http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...c89&m=jaonbedg
So beautiful! Both of them. Royal Europe is going to be virtually flooded with beautiful, eligible princes and princesses with this new generation of Royals!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-31-2017, 06:10 PM
Nobility

I like Leonor's white dress best.

The colors look good on Sofia, but I keep thinking of Little House on the Prairie- with a shorter skirt.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I love this kind of dresses.... very pretty !
Old 07-31-2017, 08:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I am simply blown away by what's happened with Philippe and Mathilde's little "Lisa"...she seems to have turned overnight into a willowy teen beauty.

If she's is this pretty at 15, look out in five years! Wow.
Beautiful, graceful a future queen.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:51 PM
Courtier

As long as they don't get the fashion sense (...) the two girls will be just fine (everyone is basically praying that Queen Sofia lives long enough to teach the two of them something, IF Letizia allows it ¬¬)

Sofia seems more Borbón than Leonor, who's a blue-eyed copy of Letizia, that's why the youngest is taller, Borbón women in the latest generations have all been quite tall, their aunts are both 5'10-5'11.

And I prefer Sofía's dress, all white is not something I actually like
Old 07-31-2017, 11:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Please no. Hopefully Leonor waits sixty or so years yo take fashion advice from her 78 year old grandmother. Bad enough people think her mother need to dress like a senior citizen to be queen

Just because she doesn't look like an old maid, doesn't make Letizia apathetic about fashion of her work. She seems to work quite hard. And she is quite often one of the best dressed royals.

As for her daughter's they look cute and summery

The white is lovely and modern. Like her mom, modern yet appropriate.

The blue is pretty color but is a bit old fashioned. Not same summery feel.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:47 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
the bottom part is transparent through the sunlight.
Not sure it is see through, more an unfortunate pleating of fabric - sitting forward catches more light than the folds in shadow.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Please no. Hopefully Leonor waits sixty or so years yo take fashion advice from her 78 year old grandmother. Bad enough people think her mother need to dress like a senior citizen to be queen

Just because she doesn't look like an old maid, doesn't make Letizia apathetic about fashion of her work. She seems to dork quite hard. And she is quite often one of the best dressed royals.

As for her daughter's they look cute and summery

The white is lovely and modern. Like her mom, modern yet appropriate.

The blue is pretty color but is a bit old fashioned. Not same summery feel.
I didn't mean copy the fashion sense (..)

Taking a look at the pics a bit closely, Sofia's sandals have a bit of a heel and Leonor's are flat, maybe that's why she looks taller than her older sister?

I still think Sofía is going to be taller and broader, she's more Borbon than Leonor, who favor Letizia's smaller, more finely-boned genetics.

Both are going to be pretty IMO, both their parents are the best looking people in their respective families.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:02 AM
Nobility

I agree that Leonor's dress is not see-thru; it is the pleating of the skirt. I have twin daughters who are a few months younger than Leonor, and I am very mindful of things like that as I'm sure Letizia, and most mothers are.

Not crazy about Sofia's dress, but I am sure she loves it and feels comfortable in it. The color is very pretty on her.

Lovely girls.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 10: November 2016 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mae View Post
The dress IS NOT transparent. A person can look hard enough and see what they want to see, I guess.

Both dresses are lovely . . . light, floaty and summery. The girls looks like perfect little angels.

I had thought so - exactly. I doubted that Letizia would let her eleven year old daughter wear a see through dress on an official photoshoot.

Old 08-01-2017, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I have to say, I normally really like what the Spanish Princesses wear but I wasn't blown away by the girls dresses yesterday. Leonor's dress was nice enough but Sofia's was not something I'd ever choose. It's a very typical design of Nano's clothes but they aren't designs I'm overly fond off.

What I do love is how thick their hair is! They are blessed to have lovely thick, straight hair.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Heir Apparent

They are such beautiful girls and have such wonderful brushed hair. Their dresses aren't too terrific this year, especially sofias which looks a little young for her. Their sandals are really nice.

Closed Thread