Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 5: October 2018 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is excellent that Royal men are using pastel and bright colors in their ties. :flowers:

Prince Constantijn changed his way of dressing substantially since he became involved with the start-up business.

Today in Sweden
Start-up event in Groningen

Previously he might have decided not to wear a tie but that's about it.

Last edited:
:previous: Would olive green be a better color choice for Prince Joachim's pants?

Joachim last Friday, with some questionable wardrobe :whistling:
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=9fd0e89f121d0e09216568aed84fc8d3&oe=5D5AEEAD
https://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/b...d/public/media/article/20190524_mho6855_1.jpg
the coat and the shoes need to go. and some better fitting pants, in fact the light khaki pants need to stay home

No, no, no, as the well-attired gentleman Joachim is, he dress according to the calendar. I.e. light and in lighter hues. :cool:
It's not his fault, the government has decided to skip Spring and go directly from winter to summer.

:previous: Grandfather the shoemaker would highly approve of the shoes of Joachim and Frederik.

birthday boy Joachim, left his finest velvet at home and choose a white tux for tonight's dinner;)
https://scontent.faep9-2.fna.fbcdn....=cea96a70689e0c1d204e965a145d563e&oe=5D84D1A7

but not to worry, Nikolai picked up the velvet wear tonight, following in his father's footsteps but thankfully in black
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8e3sB6X4AIp-DS.jpg

little Henrik needed a tux:ermm:

his brother, Frederik extra handsome tonight with his blue tux and his lovely sons also in their best tuxedos with handkerchiefs :cool:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8e31rUXYAAE5eh.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bya1TkPgml6/?utm_source=ig_embed

All looking dapper, but do notice Vincent's cool butterfly. Perfect for a boy. So he's tonight's winner IMO. :cool:

Indeed! very cute, and its the little touches that take it up a notch fashion wise

The two families look very lovely, with the children growing up very fast.
Joachim and Frederik must be very proud of their families.

Well called. Frederik and Joachim's boys looked really elegant and GQ would be happy to see such well-dressed future covers.

As I watched the Knights of the Garter proudly strolling by, I looked at their shiny black shoes and thought of the day when Haakon would become a Knight and would wear his favorite shoes...

As I watched the Knights of the Garter proudly strolling by, I looked at their shiny black shoes and thought of the day when Haakon would become a Knight and would wear his favorite shoes...

Sometimes I wake up screaming at night, having dreamed that Haakon's shoes are the Source of World War Z, where all male shoes are zombiefied, just as what must have happened to Haakon's shoes.
And they affect their owners as well! Haakon too has been contaminated by his shoes, and now he can't see anything wrong with them. On the contrary he must wear them!! :wacko:
And that virus will soon spread to all male shoes worldwide!
- And that's where I wake up. ?

I will notify my grandfather the shoemaker about Prince Haakon's shoes.

I like Harry's suit. Yes, maybe informal, but looks light and summery. He shouldn't have paired it with those shoes, though.
Anyway, thanks to his sister in law he's not the worst dressed in the pic.

Harry seems to have inherited Haakon's fetish for battered old shoes. However, as he finally got rid of the everlasting blue suit he wore for years, I forgive him this time.

They sure are fond of blue in the BRF. :ohmy:

Grandpa, Charles, delivers - as we can expect from him.
A little bland perhaps, but then this isn't his day.
Tie - gets on okay.
Suit - Okay. But you never go wrong with a double-breasted suit. ?
Handkerchief. :cool:
Lapel-adornment. :cool:
And as a gentleman he does not wear bracelets.
Gentlemen wear wristwatches and/or finger rings. :cool:

William.
He is bland.
Suit - Okay.
Tie - Okay.
Wristwatch. :cool:
No handkerchief. :sad:
Nothing on his lapel. :ohmy:
Otherwise. ?

Harry.
Summerly suit. - Okay.
But a white shirt? And a pale blue tie? Where is the pang? Where are the colors? Harry get's two :ermm::ermm: for this.
Black socks with a light suit? That may be appropriate for a caravan site at the outskirts of Newcastle, but at a royal baptism? No! :doh::doh:
Then we have his Haakon-shoes - and the less said about them the better, so let's erase them from our collective memories. :doh::doh:
Men, let alone gentlemen, do not wear bracelets. If a man has a strong wrist it looks silly! If a man has a slim wrist it looks even more silly. That's why God invented the wristwatch.

Charles always looks impeccable however I am quite surprised at the girth he now carries around. I agree with Mueller that William could have jazzed-up things a bit. but Harry's shoes and socks are totally unacceptable the only thing good about his the outfit is the suit which suits his coloring

Charles looks immaculate, as usual, William is occasion-appropriate but a total snooze, and Harry seems to have dressed for a totally different event. Nice suit, but not for this.

And I'm pretending that I haven't seen the socks and shoes.

The Duke of Sussex wears a pale grey Suit like something from 'Top Man' and ghastly 'casual' shoes', at a very Formal occasion, his elder Brother looks infinitely smarter.

Their Father [as ever] is the best dressed Man present.

Last edited:
The Duke of Sussex wears a pale grey Suit like something from 'Top Man' and ghastly 'casual' shoes', at a very Formal occasion, his elder Brother looks infinitely smarter

Their Father [as ever] is the best dressed Man present

I don't see any quality British tailoring on Harry today.

Last edited:
I like what Harry is wearing as it suits his laid back personality but I think he's let Meghan down by not dressing as formally as she has (and as the others have - apart from Lady Jane Fellowes who looks like she's going on afterwards to judge marrows at the church fete).

I like Harry's suit. Yes, maybe informal, but looks light and summery. He shouldn't have paired it with those shoes, though.

I don’t think it being a light color makes it informal. He wore a suit and tie, not a T shirt and jeans. Or slacks and an open collared shirt. That would be informal in my mind.

Harry dressed seasonally, which is nice. It was a July christening. He wore a light colored suit and tie, looks good on him, and blended nicely with Meghan’s white dress.

The shoes, though, are awful. Those can be burned. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom