Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 4: December 2017 - September 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on 14th November Prince Edward at a dinner for the Duke of Edinburgh awards in an eye-catching ensemble:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQh3TQSW4AAU6bd.jpg

Good gracious what is this man wearing? He looks like a reject from a clown college. It's sad when everyone else looks so impressive.

The dinner was at their house, so he didn’t need to go anywhere, but still:ermm:.

So he just rolled out of bed and put on a dress coat but kept his pajama pants and slippers.

Why do handsome men insist on uglifying themselves with beards. All they need is a pair of cords and they would qualify as a geography teacher, lol.

Beards are not uglyfying. Harry, Carl Philip and Haakon have beards and look fantstic.

Agree.
Some men can wear a beard, some can't. Frederik can't.

As for Edwards pants. Aren't they supposed to be a clan-pattern?

Am I alone in liking Frederik’s beard? I think it makes him look more mature.

Not a fan of the fit of his pants, there, but definitely like the beard.

Am I alone in liking Frederik’s beard? I think it makes him look more mature.

Not a fan of the fit of his pants, there, but definitely like the beard.

I would like it a lot more if it were less salt and pepper - which makes it look uneven and thin. So, I think he looks good bearded, but just now the light bits read as "scraggly" against the dark bits.

He is a fox, though. :flowers:

Reactions: Ish
You guys may like the beards. I just don't, never have and never will. My dad had a beard which they remind me of, so I just don't go for beards. My husband grows one sometimes, but he knows I prefer him without. I can take a couple days growth, but not an actual beard.

Still, it would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing.

I think Fred's beard is suffering from a surfeit of sun, sea and sand. It has a rough, uneven look to it and has probably been streaked unevenly by the sun. I am sure that after it has been re-tamed, conditioned and trimmed, it will look better . . . or at least I hope so.

Ah, Edward's trews, nice to see he is upholding the grand old Scottish tradition of tartan trews and, to be honest, if anyone was going to wear them it would be him. Can you imagine Charles or Andrew doing so? How about William or Harry? ?

I have considered the photo and have decided he looks absolutely smashing! ;)

Prince Frederik's trousers did not have a crisp pleating on the sides. Were these not ironed or creased?

Prince Frederik's trousers did not have a crisp pleating on the sides. Were these not ironed or creased?

Frederik's pants are too long.
Perhaps he should use the old cavalry-trick of a loop on his trouser legs which he can put his shoe through and thereby ensure he trouser-legs don't slide up?
That of course is something the army use. Uniforms are worn correct and with style in the army, :cool: while the navy basically consists of oceanic hillbillies. ?

The Crown Prince looks like a 'sack of Spanners', I'm surprised his wife doesn't do what MANY wives do, and smarten him up...perhaps she finds in endearing ? To me it's just sloppy disrespect..

NO serving soldier would be permitted to be so badly turned out...

Last edited:
Frederik's pants are too long.
Perhaps he should use the old cavalry-trick of a loop on his trouser legs which he can put his shoe through and thereby ensure he trouser-legs don't slide up?
That of course is something the army use. Uniforms are worn correct and with style in the army, :cool: while the navy basically consists of oceanic hillbillies. ?

Joachim is army right? His look long too lol ;)
https://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/b..._8grid/public/storage_1/media/nytaarskur3.jpg

Frederik looks very regal today. A navy future king. His grandfather would be proud :flowers:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/03/13/47B9FD9D00000578-0-image-a-1_1514987717329.jpg

Maybe if Frederik used some hair dye to darken the hair on the face, beard....it would look better or go all gray even, this double tone hair does not do it for me............he is such a gorgeous man so why is he ruining it with this beard? Trim it or color it or cut it and I and few other here would love to help him ..........:lol:any volunteers ladies to help Frederik with his beard?

Maybe if Frederik used some hair dye to darken the hair on the face, beard....it would look better or go all gray even, this double tone hair does not do it for me............he is such a gorgeous man so why is he ruining it with this beard? Trim it or color it or cut it and I and few other here would love to help him ..........:lol:any volunteers ladies to help Frederik with his beard?

Try ask Polyesco!
She would happily tie down Frederik and go over his beard a hair at a time. ?

Joachim is army right? His look long too lol ;)
https://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/b..._8grid/public/storage_1/media/nytaarskur3.jpg

Frederik looks very regal today. A navy future king. His grandfather would be proud :flowers:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/03/13/47B9FD9D00000578-0-image-a-1_1514987717329.jpg

My dear Polyesco. ?
There is of course a perfectly rational explanation.

Joachim, being a perfect gentleman, would never dream about upstaging his brother. So he decided to dress shabby like they do in the navy.
But how do I look shabby? Joachim asked himself. I'm army! The two things cannot be combined. No, it's an impossible task!
Nevertheless being a man of honor, Joachim, most reluctantly, decided to lengthen his trouser legs.
With tears in his eyes, he stood in front of the mirror, before he and our Marie were to leave for the New Year Court and said to his wife: "Ma belle Marie, tonight when we come home, I'll burn these pants and we shall never mention them again. - Ever"!

Ah, Edward's trews, nice to see he is upholding the grand old Scottish tradition of tartan trews and, to be honest, if anyone was going to wear them it would be him.

I’m a fan of tartan trews when worn like this:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/dd/ce/10/ddce100c0566a055190b5ecf0b1dc8a7.jpg
https://kiltsandmore.com/upload/artikelbilder/big/1579.jpg

It’s the combo of trews, blue velvet unbuttoned jacket and monogrammed evening slippers that takes it over the top with Edward’s ensemble. However, I must say he is the last man I expected to be daring in evening wear and it’s quite entertaining. And I also find it hilarious that Sophie is in boring black and white:ROFLMAO:.

I’m a fan of tartan trews when worn like this:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/dd/ce/10/ddce100c0566a055190b5ecf0b1dc8a7.jpg
https://kiltsandmore.com/upload/artikelbilder/big/1579.jpg

It’s the combo of trews, blue velvet unbuttoned jacket and monogrammed evening slippers that takes it over the top with Edward’s ensemble. However, I must say he is the last man I expected to be daring in evening wear and it’s quite entertaining. And I also find it hilarious that Sophie is in boring black and white:ROFLMAO:.

Those are just beyond gorgeous pants on those men, how cute and sexy they look. Now this makes me want to find a man who will wear them for me.....darn wish I had a pair for me!

And Prince Charles in a kilt.........oh I love a man in a kilt and he looks just so sexy and he has great legs also. Nothing wrong with a man in a beautiful 'Scottish Plain Kilt' any day of the week.........?

I have to admit Edward looks positively splendid in tartan trews and Charles really knows how to swing a kilt! But then I'm first generation Kiwi and never even realised my father had an accent! ?

As usual we can expect Charles to do it right. :cool:
You either go all in or you don't. Charles goes as far as he can.

Whether he's got the legs for it is of course a question of taste.
It is, as you all know, a well-known fact that genuine highlanders run up and down the mountains at every possible opportunity. Thus developing muscular legs which are fit to be seen in a kilt.
(WWF has on several occasions expressed serious concern in regards to the wildlife being disturbed by the constant traffic of Scotch men, and indeed women as well, charging around the mountains.
There is a similar problem in Wales, but there it's gangs of choirs singing at full throttle who unease the wildlife.)

:previous: at the very least, it is not a belt to be worn in winter while your wife is in a lovely cocktail dress.

:previous::ohmy:
Thanks for pointing that out for I also thought it was his underwear showing and since the jacket seems to small on him and tight around the waist area he was again dressing badly .....and since there is no pictures of his brown suede shoes or did he even wear shoes this time, I wondered what was going on with him. He is in serious need of help in choosing his clothes.

That is not a belt to be worn with a suit... too casual, too clash-y with the rest of the outfit.

I also liked Harry's casual style with the sweater. I think Meghan's been having a good influence on him. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I also liked Harry's casual style with the sweater. I think Meghan's been having a good influence on him. :D

I know right! Men can look put together also. I like her influence!
Save

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Meghan's been having a good influence on him

Why do Women think they have some kind of 'right' to 'make over' their Men like this...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom