Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 4: December 2017 - September 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: thank you. I learn something new everyday :flowers:
and 15 years ago is probably when Haakon bought these shoes:bang::whistling:

Those rubber sleeves we call "galoshes" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galoshes.

It's rare for people to wear them as waterproof footwear is better and the last time I saw a pair was about 15 years ago!

Jacknch, I wear rubbers over dress shoes in wet weather. Many people have complimented how nice the shoes have stayed. Should I give the address of the galoshes store to the Royal gentlemen?

It really cant get worse with Haakon.
I think those light colored jeans are from the 80s or early 90s.
Ugly jacket and the shoes:bang::bang: Does he not have another pair more appropriate for the weather? For an official event, he looks like a mess
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ss2mRVcW...lIO6CX2y42XOgCLcBGAs/s1600/w_nor_tc72ae8f.jpg

picture indoors without the jacket, revealing his hipster professor coat. :whistling:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/14/19/4756674A00000578-5180625-image-m-48_1513279975494.jpg
and the galoshes:ermm::bang:

:previous: It does get worse! :ohmy:

Imagine the disappointment of those galoshes.
They've sitting on a shelve with the other galoshes, dreaming about being put on expensive handmade shoes. And then this pair was selected for the NRF. Yes!! :bounce:
- Only to find themselves on Haakon's shoes... :shock::cry:

Haakon is quite obviously completely uninterested in anything that he puts on his body, from top to toe. What a pity he can't have a very long winter's holiday in Denmark with Frederik or Joachim after Christmas. He would return to Norway a changed man.

Ugly jacket and the shoes:bang::bang: Does he not have another pair more appropriate for the weather? For an official event, he looks like a mess
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ss2mRVcW...lIO6CX2y42XOgCLcBGAs/s1600/w_nor_tc72ae8f.jpg

picture indoors without the jacket, revealing his hipster professor coat. :whistling:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/14/19/4756674A00000578-5180625-image-m-48_1513279975494.jpg

Great narration... I laughed until I cried.

I actually wish we still lived in a day where we cared for and kept our shoes/clothes until they were beyond the pale. Of course, it happens faster with suede, so my Mom never bought us suede. And I still get my good shoes resoled/rehealed. If we threw less stuff out, the planet would be less scarred. I think galoshes have a place in the world other than on Princely outings. As I age, footing increases in value. :lol:

But the occasional sartorial updates also have value as they lift the spirits of the people who have to look at us or the occasional prince. I just wonder what he will be wearing when he is 20 years older. It's a scary thing! :eek:

You are such a great storyteller Polyesco, you deserve an award for keeping us up today date on Kaakon and fabulous shoe collection...:lol:

I have an idea that might help him learn, could we all get together and get a collection for him and take him shoe shopping for he is in desperate need of help now and we need to keep it a secret from PH and Jocheim and William for they would not like Haakon getting new shoes that they don't have:ermm:...........

what the heck is he wearing now.....blue suede shoes :eek:..........where would be even get them?

:previous:
Your kidding me right Curryong......where in the heck do these men find shoes like this? Isn't there a song about blue suede shoes sometime back in the ice age......? Some of these royal men are living in an age of childhood dreams it seems...Haakon's shoes looks bare thread to me, like they are ready to bit the dust and maybe MM spends all the money on her clothes and leaves him high and dry so he wears the same shoes decade after decade.....no wonder he looks so bad in the shoe dept......a collection just might help and some friendly female shoppers to help him, joining us to take him shopping ........:lol::lol:

Ice blue and VERY smart. Rather wide feet though!

No wider than my feet, as my unsympathetic wife is in the habit of pointing out...

It could be much, much worse with Harry though. After all this time, he could have decided that the footwear he is most comfortable wearing is... (drumroll)... combat boots. :D

Oh I don't know . . . Beige/sand coloured suede could look cool. ?

Yes the oldest blue suit of Harry's which he wore constantly for years, could have attended engagements on its own by the end. He remains committed to blue though, in slightly different shades, and is going to have to be gently weaned off them. Baby steps...

Also, can someone please burn all the blue suits this man owns? Pretty pretty please? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the blue suits, baby steps. At least they are fitting better at this point.

I want to see him wearing more Grey like he had one a week or so ago!!!

LaRae

What's wrong with the blue suits?

I want to see him wearing more Grey like he had one a week or so ago!!!

LaRae

That was a nice suit on him, wasn't it? Although I can see why they didn't go for gray or black for Harry in the engagement portrait. With Meghan's black dress, it would've seemed too heavy.

There is nothing wrong with blue suits itself. It's just that Harry seems to own dozens and that's all he owns. :lol:

Barack Obama wore the same suit for eight years. Then one day, he wore a tan suit and everyone lost their damn minds. :cool:

Barack Obama wore the same suit for eight years. Then one day, he wore a tan suit and everyone lost their damn minds. :cool:

But he suits fit him better! Harry just seemed to have found one combination that seemed to him worked when he was very young and then didn't want to do anything else! :lol:

That was a nice suit on him, wasn't it? Although I can see why they didn't go for gray or black for Harry in the engagement portrait. With Meghan's black dress, it would've seemed too heavy.

Actually I think black would of looked very smart on Harry (pop of color in the tie). Not to match her (I don't want to give you the vapors :D) but to match the 'look'. They would of looked smashing.

Still I'm hoping we start seeing more grays or something besides blues from Harry or at least maybe a pinstripe in the blue? Something?? LOL

LaRae

As for the blue suits, YES, they do fit better. But the grey one! I loved the grey one. It was great. So grey. Not blue. Simply amazing!
(I think Harry should watch Suits for inspiration ? Their suit game was on point, at least in the seasons that I've seen)

And it's funny you mention Suits. It's been reported that Harry is wearing Burberry, I remember in an interview with Suits mentioned that Patrick J Adams (Mike Ross) is always dressed in Burberry and Gabriel Macht (Harvy Specter) is always in Tom Ford. I found that quite amusing when I found out about Burberry this morning.

And i do agree with all those other posters who think Harry should get over his blue suit fixation... I've never been able to figure it out, both Charles and Diana wore clothes well, but both their sons have been a bit, well, boring... though Harry occasionally breaks out with a nod to contemporary design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom