Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

And you can count on me to upload his lastest fashion hits Muhler

Old 02-13-2017, 02:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
He's one of the country's best-dressed men, with a penchant for Savile Row tailoring and some of the country's finest fashion minds on call to help select his attire. When the Duke of Cambridge steps out in public, you can be sure that his appearance is the result of time and careful attention.

Hence eyebrows were raised this morning when the second in line to the throne arrived at a charity appearance with what can best be described as ankle-tickling trousers. They were paired with a matching suit jacket, open-necked white shirt, and brown casual shoes.

Traditional tailoring would cut the trousers to rest gently on the top of the shoe, bringing about a small break or crumple in the line of the fabric. However, there has been a trend in recent years for 'hipster' trousers, which are cut shorter to show off the top of the shoe and even the sock.

Given the meticulous and predominantly traditional nature of the Prince's wardrobe, it was difficult to discern whether or not the jauntily high trouser cut was intended. Could it be that our future king is reinventing himself as a bit of a hipster?

"Cropped trousers have been a mainstay on the menswear catwalks for a while now," says The Telegraph's men's style editor Stephen Doig. "At least we can be thankful that HRH didn't take inspiration from the more edgy realms of the men's style world and opt for baggy, cropped basketball-style trousers à la Givenchy, Craig Green and Off-White.
Read more: Introducing His Royal Hipster, the Duke of Cambridge

Old 02-13-2017, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

William will know where to borrow a beanie to start being a hipster
Old 02-13-2017, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Well, I think it is a toss up between intentional and they shrunk in the wash. The top half is not hipster enough to go with the pant/shoes if the intent is hipster. But he may be taking baby steps.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:26 PM
Heir Apparent

William's always worn his pants a shade too tight, especially around the groin area, as has been observed here several times. If this is combined with a cropped length, it's not going to be a pretty sight!
Old 02-14-2017, 09:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

So cropped pants are in now?

I'll give that about six months max! Certainly in Northern Europe.
While women may be willing to freeze various bodyparts off, in the name of fashion, men won't! - Because guess who ends up walking the hipster-dog in the evening? When it's cold, rainy and snow is falling?

There are however men, I won't mention Haakon, for whom cropped pants is simply a by-product of not being the least interested in fashion. But they are naturals, so they don't really count.

Anyway, I've never really figured out what a hipster is?
Old 02-14-2017, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Hmm, I'm a little confused by William's latest outfit - I don't think the shoes go with the trousers....it reminds me a little of Haakon's favourite pair of slip-ons!

As for the cut of the trousers, an inch longer and I think they would have looked ok.

On a side-note, hipster is defined as being "a person who follows the latest trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream" defining exactly what that means is not easy as there is an entire look and variations thereof: - beards, checked shirts, tattoos, cropped trousers, boots, braces and a pompadour hairstyle - all in various combinations and colours - then there are various combinations of these elements that might define one as a hipster.

As such, I'm not so sure one pair of suit trousers cut too short makes William a hipster or particularly trendy.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Hmm, I'm a little confused by William's latest outfit - I don't think the shoes go with the trousers....it reminds me a little of Haakon's favourite pair of slip-ons!

As for the cut of the trousers, an inch longer and I think they would have looked ok.

On a side-note, hipster is defined as being "a person who follows the latest trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream" defining exactly what that means is not easy as there is an entire look and variations thereof: - beards, checked shirts, tattoos, cropped trousers, boots, braces and a pompadour hairstyle - all in various combinations and colours - then there are various combinations of these elements that might define one as a hipster.

As such, I'm not so sure one pair of suit trousers cut too short makes William a hipster or particularly trendy.
Spotlight: The Albert Slipper | Black Tie Blog
Old 02-16-2017, 01:33 PM
Majesty

I think in this thread we are missing the hippie and "interesting" style of Andrea Casiraghi.
I mean a shirt with colorful elephant print, check
https://68.media.tumblr.com/22b587a8...sjpfo1_540.jpg
Old 02-23-2017, 03:00 PM
Majesty

King Carl Gustaf wearing a fedora today during the state visit from Canada
http://www.gp.se/image/policy:1.4169...048&$w=dbf56c5

Looks like he is ready to investigate some crimes in the 1960s
Old 02-23-2017, 10:31 PM
Majesty

I have to admit, my passion for hats is not relegated just to the ladies. There is nothing quite like a fedora worn at just the right jaunty angle. CG's looks well broken in.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, he does look jaunty. My eyes are also drawn to the hatless Prince Carl Philip behind him though. Is the coat CG is wearing too small for him? It seems very snug, and it's also buttoned at a very unflattering angle.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Mohammed Vi during his last visit to Ghana,i kind of like the jacket
https://s21.postimg.org/49lb3tygn/Sc...19_19_25_1.png
Old 02-26-2017, 05:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Yes, he does look jaunty. My eyes are also drawn to the hatless Prince Carl Philip behind him though. Is the coat CG is wearing too small for him? It seems very snug, and it's also buttoned at a very unflattering angle.
I don't think it is too small, that't normally not the case with King Carl Gustaf's suit. Though, he was wearing a double-breasted suit that day, so I guess the picture gives the buttoning to look a bit weird.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I meant Carl Philip's coat. Just absent minded when I posted! Sorry!
Old 02-26-2017, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I meant Carl Philip's coat. Just absent minded when I posted! Sorry!
CP is walking with his hands behind his back which makes his coat and suit look wonky.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:02 PM
Majesty

Harry looking quite stylish today. Nice color combo and nice shoes

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...8197898496.jpg
Old 03-06-2017, 12:39 PM
Majesty

Haakon today with the worst shoes ever. Ugly, old and dirty
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5YDEUaYvU...te-Marit-2.jpg
and he was wearing a nice suit and tie today
Old 03-09-2017, 05:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Haakon today with the worst shoes ever. Ugly, old and dirty
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5YDEUaYvU...te-Marit-2.jpg
and he was wearing a nice suit and tie today
That shoes wore them all the time! I don't know why? Comfortable?
But still he is handsome with this blue suit
Old 03-09-2017, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, the suit, tie and crisp white shirt all look great, but once again the shoes let it all down - actually the socks do too!