Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 3: October 2016 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, groovy man! If it happens to be 1969! Still Mohammed adds a good bit of interest to this thread, like the Danes. If it weren't for them we'd be left with Haakon's shoes, William's blue jumpers and Daniel's black suits.

:previous: Remarkable!

Those shoes. These pants and that shirt... That it is possible to combine these three things is something I thought near unimaginable! :shock:

But there is a great thing with being anywhere near King Mohammed, you won't be noticed.
You could wear a top-hat, tie, a loincloth and nothing else and you still wouldn't be noticed!

Please don't send Daniel to Morocco, he might get ideas! He might freak out completely and wear a bow-tie! :blink:
Who knows, he may even go as far as to start part his hair to the left! The result of that would be total chaos and a breakdown of the mental healthcare system in Sweden.:scream:
In Sweden everything has to be correct, so you drive to the right, walk to the right, stand to the right - part your hair to the right... I have personally been responsible for the traffic in a pedestrian street in the Swedish city of Gothenburg (Göteborg) coming to a stand still! I walked to the left, against the flow! - No less than 693 Swedes (and 4 Germans) went into a state of mental paralysis, doing double time on the spot until they were taken away by ambulances.

As for Haakon, he wouldn't notice anything at all. Not as long as he is wearing his beloved shoes.

William is the wild card. not sure what he would do exposed to King Mohammed. :ermm:

Last edited:
:previous: Oh man . . . check out the tie . . . grass green colour and textured! No wonder Fred has a distinct yellowish green tinge to his face. :eek: Possibly a renewable resource with real clipped grass. :ermm:

Yes, very very nice. I love the cornflower blue of these waistcoats in morning clothes.

King Felipe looks immaculate and the blue colour aways suits him well.

:previous: Well, it was hip in artist circles in the Queens back in 1989, but nowadays? - Nah.

Yes, but does George's father and Charles's son William wear knee socks or a kilt? I haven't seen William or Harry in a kilt since they were little boys, while their father is perpetually in one when north of the border. If by some miracle Scotland remains in the Union with a monarchy, are we likely to see a kilted William (and George) in the future?

Boy they do anything to get clicks. Yeah Charles where's knee socks to be cool like his grandson, not because that is what you wear with kilts :whistling:

Sorry George but grandpa definitely does it best.

I don't know abou George but I don't think William will in the future. Charles doesn't wear a kilt because he is heir. He is a man of classic style. And for him in Scotland that means kilt. His sons don't agree. I don't see William changing when he is heir.

:previous: The shoes... :eek:

There are probably planets in galaxies far away where this combination is considered perfect - but not on planet Earth. Nor will it before the sun blows up.

It's an outfit made from two separate outfits - I wonder what the other halves look like together?!

The jacket, shirt, scarf and handkerchief look great, nice combinations and colours together.

Slim-fit jeans or tailored canvas trousers in a dark shade and a dark brown pair of brogues or something would have looked better.

The trainers are nice - they'd look very cool and trendy worn with a pair of joggers or shorts at the gym!

An embossed tie. :cool:

A little dull, but much less dull than the other gentlemen present.
Also, notice the buttons on Frederik's sleeve. It's all in the details.
He'll get there eventually.

:previous:

Goodness, the King enjoys what he wears by all accounts! They are a little garish and "lounge-wear" for my liking, but the colours are well co-ordinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom