Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 2: April 2016 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 2 of the thread for the Fashion and Style of royal men!

You can find the old thread here:

** Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 1: April 2003 - April 2016 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

:previous: Did Kate finally shred the blue ones?
Poor guy, he must feel so uncomfortable. :sad:

But it'll pass. A few years with these and he'll be fine again. :D

:lol: Well Muhler he did have the chance to "stretch" them out while flying to the park today. Thank goodness he's branched out into a new pair.

Polyesco-So many things to celebrate regarding William's new wardrobe additions!!!;)

I like the more casual clothes William wears on tours - they're a little safe in terms of colour but nice all the same.

I particularly like the grey trousers and think William would look great if he got a whole suit in that colour and material. The blue shirt is a nice classic and looks like a comfy, more open-weave material. I'd really love to see him in a nice pair of linens with a white linen shirt!

:previous: Mark my words, one of these days he'll give in to his inner hippie, strap a guitar on his back and head for San Fransisco.:potofgold: (We seriously need a hippie-smiley)
- Wearing a tie naturally...:p

Is that a leprauchan?

Joachim and his brother do branch into colour sometimes don't they, with their red pants for casual wear? So why not a nice pair of red shoes!

:previous: Nice comfy-looking polo.
Brown shoes gotta die. - Only retired hippies and state-school-teachers born prior to 1969 use them. That's basically the same thing, come to think of it.

Tight-fitting pants may look appropriate on a ballet dancer, but the rest of the male gender? Nah.

Shirt-sleeves should be seen when wearing a suit.
Nice watch though.

Fell asleep while looking at the ties in the gallery. :coffee:

Here is a man in serious need of a scarlet velvet jacket. :D
And a panama-hat...

:previous: Muhler you are right on.
William might need to buy bigger pants. these are getting too tight. :whistling:
For this trip I give him a solid C+ (the greyish pants he wore was a step in the right direction)
shame he did not venture more from his blue suit
Something as simple as trying a grey suit would have looked nice.

speaking of grey, Frederik in a nice suit during the Mexican state visit
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=1b6b43c9d6dfb243ff74dd62aedc8e0f&oe=57AE3633
looking fantastic, stylish yet formal for the events
and of course with his million-dollar smile ;)
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/9/X1460735013311263_5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: eya
Brown shoes gotta die. - Only retired hippies and state-school-teachers born prior to 1969 use them. That's basically the same thing, come to think of it.

Tight-fitting pants may look appropriate on a ballet dancer, but the rest of the male gender? Nah.

Nice watch though.

And a panama-hat...

I think Harry has a pair of those same brown shoes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iddleton-Suede-shoes-kick-fashion-frenzy.html

William always rolls up his sleeves up instead of wearing short sleeve shirts. I think it's a British army thing.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I like seeing rolled up sleeves on muscular forearms....let's not stop that!

LaRae

That should be Charlotte's first birthday photo- her and her daddy's forearms ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

An intersting article - it's nice to see something substantial about a royal man's fashion.

It says that William gets his suits etc from Savile Row (places like Gieves & Hawkes etc) and I am convinced that if you go into any of these places they will be able to advise you on what sort of suit and clothing would be ideal for a trip to places like India and Bhutan....and supply you with everything you might need.

Maybe William's standard suit, shirt and tie set he wears back in the UK was re-created in lighter materials, but somehow I'm not sure that's what he did.

My favourite outfit on this tour was today's tracking outfit, well the shirt anyway.

Nice watch though.

And a panama-hat...

Muhler-C'mon you know it was only a matter of time before those shoes became fashionable again!:lol:

TBH I think that the sartorial gene skipped a generation when it came to the Wales' brothers. IMHO they look to their grandfather as their fashion role model instead of their father.

IMO he does look "kingly" enough as he will continue to wear uniforms, ceremonial garb, and suits while performing his royal duties just like the other 21st century male royals.

He's likely got another 25 to 30 years before he ascends the throne. He'll have a lot of experience by then.

LaRae

Muhler-C'mon you know it was only a matter of time before those shoes became fashionable again!:lol:

TBH I think that the sartorial gene skipped a generation when it came to the Wales' brothers. IMHO they look to their grandfather as their fashion role model instead of their father.

Didn't Prince Philip get an award for sartorial elegance from the Gentleman's Quarterly magazine last year? So it's not Philip they take after. Might be the Spencer side of the family!

As far as Harry is concerned, apart from when in uniform he does look very nice in white chinos and very thin blue shirts!

Last edited:
I like seeing rolled up sleeves on muscular forearms....let's not stop that!

LaRae

Oh yeah! I totally agree with you. There's something very appealing about rolled up sleeves on muscular forearms.

I definitely wouldn't go that far. There are lots of men I am very happy to see in tight-fitting pants. Prince William, however, is not one of them. If he's going to keep wearing those new pants of his, someone should buy him some compression undies.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to go back to the 70's where men's pants were so tight they left little to the imagination....well fitted jeans/pants are nice to see.

I guess I don't see the issue with William's pants...they are just generic pants for the most part. He's pretty fit.

LaRae

I wouldn't want to go back to the 70's where men's pants were so tight they left little to the imagination....well fitted jeans/pants are nice to see.

I guess I don't see the issue with William's pants...they are just generic pants for the most part. He's pretty fit.

LaRae

You can't have seen some of the photos I've seen over the last few days. I didn't need to know William dresses to the left. :argh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom