The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 11:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Alois of Liechtenstein wears a well-tailored suit at Salve Regina University.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:12 AM
Majesty

I think it has long since been established that when it comes to male fashion among royal men, PH is in a category entirely on his own!

Recently we saw him in a green schlager-singer suit, but what we did not see was the leather-drivers-helmet he donned on the way home!
I'm... I'm speechless and in awe.
https://app.box.com/s/c0grtrm5vng3av5yw6jihanopzb0clbl

But his oldest son is up there too, when he isn't busy wearing all sorts of scarlet garments and charmer rags, he seems now to have taken up his father's habit of wearing necklaces.
In this case in the shape of a mini-replica of a national treasure, a 3.400 year old wagon made from gold: https://app.box.com/s/dtgvwx14hgebgswuitnp8pt9ifcdq9dd

Eat dust, Harry, William, Daniel, Willem-Alexander! But not Haakon, he is... well... he is also in a category of his own...

Old 05-12-2016, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps Henri plans to take a vintage motor car out for a run later, with the Queen in the passenger seat.

I can see Henri has trained his sons well. Frederik has always had a certain flair. By the time he is his father's age it will be in full bloom!
Old 05-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Majesty

I wouldn't rule that out at all! Vrooom!!

As for his son. Well, I think he will get there sooner than we think, unless Joachim overtakes him.
Once PH goes to big chateau in the sky, I think Frederik and Joachim will loose all inhibitions and then an entire thread here on TRF will be dedicated to them. - Mark my words.

Mary will risk not even being noticed!
Old 05-12-2016, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

oh Im pretty sure Joachim is already his father's heir in the "interesting" fashion department. I can never forget his bright pink pants and his army camouflage tux . and the velvet coats, red, blue, etc. too much velvet to count

Frederik knows how to add a special touch when attending different events.
For example, his recent outing to take his daughter to a concert. that calls for a special necklace, and being the proud Dane that he is (and history lover), decided to have the replica of a national treasure.

now for one of his events today. an art exhibit. well that calls for a tie with color. and some special shoes.
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...NjAzNQ%3D%3D.2
now dont go off just yet, in this photo they show that they are darker purple
http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:9...bbb&m=ajlchdao
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/May2016/PPE16051233.jpg

the splashes of purple look really well with his grey suit
Old 05-12-2016, 06:47 PM
Majesty

I like his tie.
Got one almost like that myself.

But the shoelaces...

Without mentioning Sweden, there are countries where such shoelaces would lead to an arrest for public disorder!
Old 05-13-2016, 12:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
. . . . . now for one of his events today. an art exhibit. well that calls for a tie with color. and some special shoes.
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...NjAzNQ%3D%3D.2
now dont go off just yet, in this photo they show that they are darker purple
http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:9...bbb&m=ajlchdao
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/May2016/PPE16051233.jpg

the splashes of purple look really well with his grey suit
Well, what can one say? Frederik's shoes are a little, um, how can we say? "different" with a grey business suit, and his tie is absolutely peerless . . . but the shoelaces? Utterly inimitable!

It is also worth remembering . . . he could have worn his blue suit!
Old 05-13-2016, 12:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Well women match their shoes with their accessories He was just doing it with his shoes and tie. Maybe the trend will catch on
Old 05-13-2016, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Well, what can one say? Frederik's shoes are a little, um, how can we say? "different" with a grey business suit, and his tie is absolutely peerless . . . but the shoelaces? Utterly inimitable!

It is also worth remembering . . . he could have worn his blue suit!
a blue suit to an art exhibit? nah. Frederik knows how to dress for the occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Well women match their shoes with their accessories He was just doing it with his shoes and tie. Maybe the trend will catch on
agree
Old 05-13-2016, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Can we all just recommend against an aging,wrinkly suit?
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...3155860984.jpg

He can and should do better. It was humid, today. Still, there are better fabric choices. JMO.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post

He can and should do better. It was humid, today. Still, there are better fabric choices. JMO.
Would a 100% linen suit be a better selection?
Old 05-13-2016, 11:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post

Aging? My complaint is that the jacket is ill-fitting.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:10 AM
Majesty

1. Aging: I think it's difficult to gauge the age of any of his suits as there are so many blue suits all tailored the same. Perhaps he just had the tailor make half a dozen, same cut, same colour, same fabric, to save time choosing his wardrobe for the day.

2. Wrinkled: Yes it was humid but, in all honesty, is there a specific Royal/Political tailoring trick to enable men to raise their arm and wave and not have their suit look rumpled by the stance rather than just plain wrinkled?
Old 05-14-2016, 06:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
2. Wrinkled: Yes it was humid but, in all honesty, is there a specific Royal/Political tailoring trick to enable men to raise their arm and wave and not have their suit look rumpled by the stance rather than just plain wrinkled?
Yes. Use the royal wave where you unscrew light-bulbs. Surprisingly, it works. (Due to an unfortunate oversight by the admin we don't appear to have a waving royal smilie, so this will do)
Old 05-14-2016, 07:42 AM
Royal Highness

I would love to see all BRF men smarted up. Throw out all those blue suits and double breasted ones and get into a modern cut grey suit.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 05-14-2016, 08:43 AM
Majesty

But here is a photo of PH to cheer you up.

He has been a little subdued lately, almost normal , but now he is himself again.
Here for a formal dinner: https://app.box.com/s/rkfx3kgmyneev5l3uuzvx76f9n3yuiro

Schlager-singer-jacket with black piping - check.
Handkerchief in the pocket - check.
A vest, appropriate for an elderly gentleman - check.
Necklace-thingy, appropriate for an eccentric gentleman - check.
But no watch in a chain - uncheck.

Actually PH on that warm evening reminds me of this beer commercial of "The Thirsty Man". - A fully attired late 1800's gentleman.
No wonder they died like flies on hot summer days back then, with all that clothes!
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Henningsen.jpg
Old 05-14-2016, 10:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I must say, from the younger generation, Prince Carl Philip of Sweden is an excellent dresser. In oldfashioned tweed. In banker's stripes. In summery beige. In jacquet. He is an example for all royal gentlemen!
Old 05-14-2016, 10:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I would love to see all BRF men smarted up. Throw out all those blue suits and double breasted ones and get into a modern cut grey suit.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I would love to see you tell Prine Philip how you think he should dress
Old 05-14-2016, 10:59 AM
Majesty

Carl Phillip is admittedly a sharp dresser, a clear reversal to his French ancestry no doubt.

However, I should very much like to shear his head.

I've never been able to understand the current male "heroic" hair-fashion were the hair is too long and filled stuff so that it looks unwashed.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Carl Philip: Formal Wear, Business Suits, and Casualness

Closed Thread