The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

It's so good to see a man of over 80 still interested in his appearance and wanting to make a splash. Prince Henrik, you are the master! As for Harry, I give up in despair! My only hope is that any new romantic interest will throw the blue suit in a charity bin and take him shopping to some good tailors as he's clearly not going to do it himself.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Felix of Luxembourg wears suits very well.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Majesty

Ah Frederik, how nice to know you can take your 9-year-old daughter to an Adele concert and not embarrass her by wearing a business suit.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iXoIo-OHf...Isabella-7.jpg
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...?itok=ppSQ-jL_

Jeans! Not bad at all Fred. Not bad at all.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:57 AM
Majesty

Yes, and even the PET guy is dressed for the occasion.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Ah Frederik, how nice to know you can take your 9-year-old daughter to an Adele concert and not embarrass her by wearing a business suit.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iXoIo-OHf...Isabella-7.jpg
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...?itok=ppSQ-jL_

Jeans! Not bad at all Fred. Not bad at all.
exactly. the jeans fit him perfectly.
he looks very cool but not trying too hard, just right
Old 05-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Royal Highness

Here's a surprise runner-up in the best-dressed honors:

David Beckham beats Prince William to be crowned Harvey Nichols' most stylish man | Daily Mail Online

Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
LOL I guess we all have different views on what is "stylish"
Old 05-06-2016, 08:39 PM
Majesty

Wow, you said it! The very idea of William even featuring on a best-dressed list is the stuff of great comedy.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William second best dressed man in the UK????

I noticed Prince William's blue suit made an appearance on the worst dressed list. Maybe Will can give poor Borris some pointers on how to class up his blue suit to change lists.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

So the blue suit made it onto the 'worst' list and William himself is second on the best? Does the blue suit do engagements on its own? (It's been round the block so many times, I guess it does!) He did buy some fresh casual stuff for the India tour, but really, these lists are a joke when they feature men who clearly aren't interested in clothing, tailoring etc!
Old 05-06-2016, 09:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince William attended a society wedding wearing a frock coat with a white rose in his lapel.
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend wedding together surprising friends | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-07-2016, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
So the blue suit made it onto the 'worst' list and William himself is second on the best? Does the blue suit do engagements on its own? (It's been round the block so many times, I guess it does!) He did buy some fresh casual stuff for the India tour, but really, these lists are a joke when they feature men who clearly aren't interested in clothing, tailoring etc!
I agree and was amazed William even got into the top 10 best dressed, let alone second place. Even with casual wear, William plays it safe and conservative, although always smart.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Wow, you said it! The very idea of William even featuring on a best-dressed list is the stuff of great comedy.
Totally agree. It's given me a good laugh this evening.

It has to be a joke.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:01 AM
Royal Highness

William the fashion icon.
'Recycling' the blue suit with the brown shoes, very fashion forward.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:32 PM
Majesty

Well, William and Harry may like the blue suits. So does PH BTW.

Here is a photo of him from today, but while William may be justifiable called a bit dull in his blue suit, that is not the case with PH!
Interesting sixpence and necklace-brooch-whatever it is.
http://ekstrabladet.dk/incoming/qbym...sborg-baadfart
Old 05-07-2016, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Matching the main colour of his cap too. Very smart. I wonder whether the trinket was purchased on his recent European trip?
Old 05-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Serene Highness

I am horrified by the comments about William on this thread. Men's fashion may not be as "exciting" or varied as women's fashion, but it is still of interest to some of us. Also, IMO there are a lot worse examples of men's fashion out there than William.

And while you may not realize, William's suits are well-tailored and well-made. And I'm reminded of that scene in "The Devil Wears Prada" when Miranda has to give Andy a lesson in how there are subtleties in fashion that are missed by the untrained eye but absolutely shape what the rest of us wear. Sorry to let you down, but that's exactly what happens with the clothes that Harry, Philip, Charles and, yes, William wear, along with the men in the celebrity world.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think, however, that either William or Harry are very interested in their clothing and probably regard going to their tailors as a pain.
I feel that Charles is interested in his appearance, the cuff links, silk handkerchief etc shows that, but the care doesn't seem to have been inherited by his sons.

If it had been we would see a selection of suits and jackets from the brothers (in different shades) and also those innovative little touches that make an outfit interesting and which we see with the Danish princes and others. Harry sometimes has cute ties, but that's it, and if I see much more of that blue suit they both wear I'm going to be ill!
Old 05-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Well, William and Harry may like the blue suits. So does PH BTW.

Here is a photo of him from today, but while William may be justifiable called a bit dull in his blue suit, that is not the case with PH!
Interesting sixpence and necklace-brooch-whatever it is.
http://ekstrabladet.dk/incoming/qbym...sborg-baadfart

Well there is blue and then there is Blue William may be a tad more interesting if he wore Henrik's shade of blue But I don't think Will could pull it off with the same flare as Henrik.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Has anyone noticed Prince William wears a blue sweater?

Closed Thread