Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 2: April 2016 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several times now he's worn the grey coat recently..a nice change from the blue.

Course for men, the choices of color are more limited.

LaRae
This is actually grey and the other one sand/beige. Same pattern though :p Seems he found a jacket he liked and bought multiple colours :)

I find this interesting. What do you think about women who are fussed about their clothes? Do you pay attention to what Kate is wearing? If so, why don't you look at what William is wearing? If what one of them is wearing matters, why doesn't it matter what the other one is wearing, too? Or how much attention the man has paid to his appearance generally?

P
I find a man who does pay attention to his appearance, especially one who wears something a little out of the norm for his social group, to be far more interesting than one who wears bland clothing. It makes me think he questions society's norms and doesn't mind standing out from the crowd, which usually translates to interesting personality traits. I find curiosity and a willingness to be different very appealing.
I think its extremely silly and worse in men than women. I And no I dont take that much notice of what Kate is wearing. She dresses blandly, and is very bland as a person. Except for special occasions like a wedding dress or a big public occasion, I dont notice what people are wearing. Why should I?
As long as people are clean and dressed in a sutiable manner for whatever they are doing...

Is Prince William taking fashion advice from Princess Kate?

Known for her love of both high street brands and rewears, Kate may be passing on some sartorial words of wisdom to her husband.

Recent months have seen William ditch his favorite navy suit for a more contemporary look of chinos and open-necked shirts (minus a tie!) that has had fashion insiders heaping praise on the usually conservative royal dad.

"I think he is reflecting a change in male dressing and rightly so," Robert Johnston, Style Director at British GQ tells PEOPLE, adding: "It's important that the royal family look relevant and a suit is just not an everyday thing anymore."
Read more: Prince William's Hot New Style : People.com

Probably reminding William of his time at school. :p

Such shoes are standard issue for teachers. They are issued a pair when they graduate and they turn them in when they retire.

I don't like the three tone outfit, but he does look a lot smarter.

Probably reminding William of his time at school. :p

Such shoes are standard issue for teachers. They are issued a pair when they graduate and they turn them in when they retire.

Trudeau actually was once a High School (= European secondary school) teacher, incidentally in Vancouver. According to Wikipedia, he taught French and literature at a private school. He also worked as an actor once on a TV drama series about World War I.

Quite an ecletic fellow and a bit of a celebrity then, although that doesn't necessarily translate into good governing skills

Trudeau actually was once a High School (= European secondary school) teacher, incidentally in Vancouver. According to Wikipedia, he taught French and literature at a private school. He also worked as an actor once on a TV drama series about World War I.

Quite an ecletic fellow and a bit of a celebrity then, although that doesn't necessarily translate into good governing skills

Wasn't Ronald Reagan an actor before he turned to politics? And no fewer than 9 US Presidents were teachers.

Trudeau has been around politics in one way or another his entire life (literally; his father was PM when he was born), and has been increasingly involved in politics for the past 16 years or so.

Yes, Ronald Reagan was an actor. He was also President of the Screen Actors Guild. Later was a California governor.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

An emerald green one would be nice, it would fit in with the 'green' theme.

Trudeau has been around politics in one way or another his entire life (literally; his father was PM when he was born), and has been increasingly involved in politics for the past 16 years or so.

President Nixon was visiting Canada when Justin was about four months old: at a state dinner, Nixon proposed a toast to "the future Prime Minister of Canada: to
Justin Pierre Trudeau."

(Baby Justin had no comment.)

Haakon, like his wife, looking like a complete mess in outfit. Those shoes need to be burned :lol:
http://cdn.imageupper.com/s02imageupper/1/8/G147507134919579_1.jpg

Frederik, day 2 in Washington with one of my favorite ties:p
, nice touch of the USA-Denmark Flag pin
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...he-us-chamber-of-commerce-picture-id610923892

A double-breasted suit without a tie?!? The barbarians are at the gate! :eek:

Mercifully my brain has begun to block out his shoes. :D

I rather like how William dresses. It suits him.

LaRae

:previous: I can't see what William's is wearing.

You mean the black booties to the right?
In that case, no wonder the photo was censored! :eek:

:previous: Here's the picture
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtiJCldWgAQrTE-.jpg
William's shoe usage has improved greatly :flowers:

Frederik last night at a ball in Washington. wearing a nice blue tux with black
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/09/29/02/38E62F6F00000578-3812645-image-a-2_1475112236191.jpg
I think it brings out his blue eyes just nicely ;)
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...-of-denmark-arrive-at-the-picture-id611036544

although, the gentleman in the back, knocked it out of the park with his tux :cool:
http://www.cdn.alt.dk/ff344493a84545e2a37d982e594fb62e/a2b824fa7f414870afe454170bfdd3a2.jpg

Yeah, Frederik has begun to look dapper lately.
Perhaps Mary's stylist has taken over purchases of his suits?

As for the male in the background. I've seen what German schlager-singers wear and even they wouldn't go that far! :eek:
Such outfits have been the basis of entire psychiatric seminars.

The blue of the tux that Crown Prince Frederik wore is an excellent color choice. How can a Royal Prince or King go incorrect with blue? ;););)

I'm not a great fan of blue suits (even tuxes) as I've seen them such a lot on William and especially Harry. However, I do agree that in general Frederik has become very dapper. His suits fit well, I like the grey suit he sometimes wears, and he rings the changes with coloured shirts. I think he looks good.

Frederik, day 3 of the US visit, now in Boston
wearing a nice grey suit, with a stripped tie that adds color to his outfit.
Again wearing his USA-Denmark flag pin, very nice touch
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdltb6cefa8_WatermarkPreview.jpg

One of these days he's gonna go full PH on these ties!
Just look in his eyes, you can tell he want's to wear even more flashy ties. :cool:

Mark my words, this is an area where we will see Frederik develop in the years to come.

Not a fan. Tuxes should be black, even if you are a future king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom