Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 2: April 2016 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think maybe Haakon is colour-blind, especially with regard to his footwear.

yes:lol:
he looks like he was lounging about at home and at the last minute remembered that he had an event. Quickly grabbed his tie and sailor cap but there was no time for change of pants or shoes ;)

Okay his shoes are odd, but I don't mind the rest. Sailing event, he doesn't need a suit. I find his pants make it more casual. I would pick neutral sneakers and leave those for private. Like princesses should be able to wear sensible shoes and pants when needed, men don't have to have full suits.

I want William shoes. I wonder what was the brand?

He and Harry both have some nice footwear.

LaRae

Duke of cambridge recalls loss of mother during hospice visit | Daily Mail Online

I can't believe someone hasn't posted this pic of William yesterday wearing a grey jacket! Ok yes there's a faint blue stripe and I think he has on blue slacks...but the jacket isn't blue!

LaRae

its a great look. anything besides his blue suit is a step in the right direction. :flowers:
I think the more informal look helps put people more at ease, especially for this event. for me its more welcoming and open then the blue suit and tie combo.
but this is like the 3-4 time we seen this same look in the last 4 months, he needs more variety ;):D

He looks great

I'm wondering if he's given Kate the go-ahead to change his wardrobe up..taking her advice perhaps. Something has sparked this recent change! While I love his blue suits, it's nice to see him in other colors/styles.

LaRae

I'm wondering if he's given Kate the go-ahead to change his wardrobe up..taking her advice perhaps. Something has sparked this recent change! While I love his blue suits, it's nice to see him in other colors/styles.

LaRae

William is a man. It would never even occur to him to give his wife permission to change his wardrobe.
More likely he opened the door to his closet one day and found his blue suit gone...
But after a while he will settle down and be happy and contended with letting his wife be in charge of what he is wearing. - Just like 85 % of all married men.

It's merely a sign that their marriage is stable.

Also, he's in his mid 30's and there is a need for change in his wardrobe. I'm sure his dark blue suits are still there though.

If I had his kind of money and title, I would the most fly future King you'd ever seen.

William is a man. It would never even occur to him to give his wife permission to change his wardrobe.
More likely he opened the door to his closet one day and found his blue suit gone...
But after a while he will settle down and be happy and contended with letting his wife be in charge of what he is wearing. - Just like 85 % of all married men.

It's merely a sign that their marriage is stable.

:lol: Quite likely William has found his beloved blue suit moved into the depths of his closet. Muhler-You should speak to my husband. Shortly after we moved into together in 1998 he realized that he had far too many t-shirts. I told him that anything bought in the George H.W. Bush years or Bill Clinton's first term needed to "find a new home." To this day he still has me purge his clothes every couple of years and replace them with new ones.

:previous: And you are still together, which proves my point. :lol:

I had an uncle who had no idea how to buy clothes. When he saw something in a style he liked, he told his wife, who then went out and bought what suited him - and her taste...
And I'm only half joking when I claim that he believed socks and underwear somehow grew in drawers. All by themselves. - Because every few days he would open a drawer and then by some miracle it was full of socks again.

Before he got married he lived with his mother, so the whole thing of getting a new wardrobe was something of a mystery to him. :ermm:
Every Friday he handed over his paycheck to my aunt, who in return gave him some money to buy cigarettes. He provided the money, she took care of everything else. That worked fine and they were married and contend for many years.

Perhaps W&K (and other royal couples) are developing into such a relationship?

Well I'm sure they have financial people who manage their finances. Not sure if Kate carries money when she shops or not nowdays.

I'd say they have a fairly good partnership figured out by this point. He's off working part of the time with the air ambulance, she's the predominate caretaker of the house/children ...and they most of their royal duties together it seems. A few separate ones here and there.

LaRae

I cant stand men who are fussed about their clothes. I never notice really what a man is wearing.. So I've never noticed this "blue suit" of Williams

Last edited:
I'm not interested in men's fashion choices, as I admittedly know nothing about men's clothes. I find them most boring, too. Don't kill me:lol:

I'm not interested in men's fashion choices, as I admittedly know nothing about men's clothes. I find them most boring, too. Don't kill me:lol:
Well, maybe don't post here? Just saying. I did not post on the Max threads until I could embrace them. We do have choices. :flowers:

Apologies for the double post. Mike Tindall's pockets are always a hot mess! But I still love him! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant stand men who are fussed about their clothes. I never notice really what a man is wearing.. So I've never noticed this "blue suit" of Williams

I find this interesting. What do you think about women who are fussed about their clothes? Do you pay attention to what Kate is wearing? If so, why don't you look at what William is wearing? If what one of them is wearing matters, why doesn't it matter what the other one is wearing, too? Or how much attention the man has paid to his appearance generally?

Please don't think I am asking these questions as any sort of attack, I honestly do find people's attitudes to clothing and appearance very interesting. I am interested in human behaviour, and this includes their attitudes to their appearance and adornment and the qualities individuals find attractive in the opposite sex.

I find a man who does pay attention to his appearance, especially one who wears something a little out of the norm for his social group, to be far more interesting than one who wears bland clothing. It makes me think he questions society's norms and doesn't mind standing out from the crowd, which usually translates to interesting personality traits. I find curiosity and a willingness to be different very appealing.

I've always thought Mike was attractive. I prefer men who look masculine/rugged. Not a fan of the pretty boy look myself.

LaRae

Is that a flask or a pack o' cigs in his pocket? I find him strangely attractive...

I have the same problem with the new style of slimmer shorts (versus the big baggy cargo shorts with lots of pockets.). Between my phone, keys, and wallet, they always looks like I'm carrying something inappropriate. I may need to start finding room for a flask though - I like that idea...

Mike looks good in that outfit, the dark blue goes nicely with the lighter shorts. I'm not so keen on that hat shape though!
Shorts are a bit of a problem for me as I am 5'9" (well 5'8" really....) and the cargo style are far too long and baggy for my legs. As such, the fitted shorts look much better, but as Jneugeba say's, where are you supposed to put all your accoutrements?

William is becoming the sport coat king! I now count the Blue twill, the tan windowpane and today's blue/grey windowpane.

And I think he's just had another haircut. At first I thought he had gone a bit sun blond, but it's just a cut. ;)

Several times now he's worn the grey coat recently..a nice change from the blue.

Course for men, the choices of color are more limited.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom