Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 1: April 2003 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that Felipe likes to match his tie to what Letizia is wearing. I'll see if I can round up some pictures.

can you tell me what uniforms they are and what ranks he holds in the military
how many uniforms does he got

Prince Albert's Fashion and Style

Albert has a wide range of ties like his sisters have jewels. I included suits since he also has several nice ones as well. If we know the designer it might be nice to share as well since we do that with his sisters. Some are bought off the rack and others made by the Palace tailor.

Thought we could see how many he actually has and share our favorite. This one I like as you will see has flags from other countries on it and I will open with it. Worn during the 2001 World Music Awards. Corbis

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=198599

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently working on a compilation of Albert's ties. He recently said that his gets some of his ties and suits tailormade but often goes to the Hugo Boss in Monaco to buy them off the rack. Then he'll accessorize with a pair of expensive sunglasses, often Oakleys. I've noticed Albert, Andrea and Rainier wearing navyblue ties that look like they have the Grimaldi coat of arms printed on them. Does anyone know about this tradition? I'd love to know more about this!

CasiraghiTrio said:
I'm currently working on a compilation of Albert's ties. He recently said that his gets some of his ties and suits tailormade but often goes to the Hugo Boss in Monaco to buy them off the rack. Then he'll accessorize with a pair of expensive sunglasses, often Oakleys. I've noticed Albert, Andrea and Rainier wearing navyblue ties that look like they have the Grimaldi coat of arms printed on them. Does anyone know about this tradition? I'd love to know more about this!
No I hadn't noticed that with the coat of arms on it. I did read the article. I have a few more photo's except haven't figured out how to use the image housing yet.

Red tie
http://www.tinypic.com./dr3wba_th.jpg
yellow tie
http://www.tinypic.com./dr3wwn_th.jpg
USA tie
http://www.tinypic.com./dr3zh1_th.jpg
blk formal wear bow tie
http://www.tinypic.com./dr4085_th.jpg
orginal photo corbis

00003601390028vj.jpg
its hard to see he has on a string tie in the last one. He was dressed in western style with jeans. All photos Corbis I put them on imageshack no idea if I did it right just they posted.

From his younger days
www.COVER.es - KORPA

CasiraghiTrio this looks like the tie with the Coat of Arms. Corbis
0000279129-019.jpg

YES! That is it! You think it is the Grimaldi coat of arms too? I think so!

CasiraghiTrio said:
YES! That is it! You think it is the Grimaldi coat of arms too? I think so!

This is kind of the official tie to wear for the Monaco princes.

Like here Louis and Andrea:

200507juli12dehola84fj.jpg
00337593000006bro4nz.jpg

(hola + sipa)

Last edited:
michelle said:
This is kind of the official tie to wear for the Monaco princes.

Like here Louis and Andrea:
If you notice the boys ties have a lot of the stripes only one design compared to Alberts.

LadyMacAlpine said:
If you notice the boys ties have a lot of the stripes only one design compared to Alberts.

Right, Andrea and Louis wear an identical tie tough, don't they?
I think these are all the official tie ( changed a bit maybe over the years) because they have the some Monaco design on and red-and-white ( Monaco colours) stripes.

That's awesome. I thought Louis was wearing it too at the enthronement but I was unsure because it looked slightly different. but this close up that Michelle posted confirms that it is the official tie, just changed a bit, with one coat of arms at the top and more stripes.

I have not found any pic of Pierre wearing the tie, though. I'm sure he has worn it when he was younger to the official events, but Pierre's personal style is so different from the official style. He likes bright color ties, so I think if he has a choice, he doesn't wear the official tie.
I bet there is a pic somewhere of him wearing it in younger years though.

Since this is Prince Albert's thread, here's some pics of him wearing the Grimaldi official tie:

http://www.geocities.com/casiraghitrio/albert/GrimaldiTie.html (my own site)

And here we have the famous Grimaldi tie with a nice tin bucket to accessorize with it. Corbis
0000279129-001.jpg

Two more famcy ties. Corbis
0000308540-002.jpg
0000307586-012.jpg

has albert auction off any of his ties for charity? because it dosent seem like he wear his tie's more than once. just think of the closet space he would have getting rid of his old ties.

semisquare said:
has albert auction off any of his ties for charity? because it dosent seem like he wear his tie's more than once. just think of the closet space he would have getting rid of his old ties.
He wears his ties and suits more then once I have seen them just not posting them more then once. When business men have to wear suits they change their look with a tie as some woman do with a scarf its an accessory.

He looks elegant with this blue colour:flowers:

Well, I wouldn't say that they frequently dress alike so much as they probably frequent the same vendors.
Don't they usually patronize the places that hold royal warrants?
So naturally much of their clothing would appear similar.

Thank goodness! A thread about male royal's fashion at last (albeit William and Harry)! Are their any other threads covering other kings/princess etc??

Anyway, back to subject, I do think the princes are well tailored most of the time, but off duty they both seem to don normal, ordinary casual wear. maybe they should take a leaf out of CP Frederik's book and buy some velvet jackets in extraordinary colours!

Great idea for their own fashion thread! Thanks!

Perhaps we should make them into one big thread, perhaps comparing the gentlemen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom