Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 1: April 2003 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The red pants need to go away.I like his shirts and vest it's different.

Oh, dear!

Them's fighting words, Muhler!

You see...while I love the eccentricities of your Royal Family, which, now, of course, has been enriched enormously by the inclusion of one of us :D, I nevertheless feel compelled to say a few words in favour of the Swedes in defence of your allegation of boringness. Well, maybe only two words: Alexander Skarsgard. http://healthyceleb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Alexander-Skarsgard.jpg

:p

Yees, but the good Skarsgard would, if he was allowed to by his producers, dress like Daniel and have a hairstyle just like Daniel. He would be much more comfortable that way.
Left to his own devices he would simply sit down and be boring, just like his fellow Swedes. It's actually abuse of the poor man when he is forced to pose for such photos.

Look at Daniel in this photo: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/Prince_Daniel.jpg
He's happy. :)
He knows he is the most conservatively dressed and boring man of those present.

In Sweden men don't come out of the closet, fashion wise. - They jump in. :D

The red pantalon, red chino or red bermuda is a common feature amongst gentlemen "from better circles". You can usually spot these at a concours hippique, during a classic rallye, alongside the polo field or during a regatta. It is often the casual daily "uniform" of the Corps, the birthroom of a new generation of lawyers, bankers, doctors, etc. Picture.

Last edited:
And he mixed it up with a plaid shirt, too! Baby steps forward. Still probably want to set Lupo loose in his closet though?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I have a question for everyone, have you ever seen those pants on men when they are on the golf course? Now Fred has never worn pants with tiny alligators on them has he? I have seen men with yellow pants with tiny green alligators on them and thought that was really taking it beyond the next level of dressing, something perhaps PH of Denmark would like to try. The reed pants are okay, and the hippy crowd is known for wearing them.

Now seeing Prince William with a gray sweater, darn finally got another color, that boy :)rofl:) needs help in the dressing dept. Now maybe next a nice dark red sweater for him with a black shirt under it, just the collar showing and deep tan chinos.

:previous: PH on a golf course? They would devote entire golf-magazines just to him! - Even if he never touched a golf-ball. :shock::shock::blink: :king3:

:previous:
You mean he never played golf? Well his red pants would go great on the golf course, he would fit right in, riding around in the golf cart with his shotgun in the back along side the golf clubs and his wife would hold on for dear life with him driving:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
:previous: I loathe those blue suits the Wales boys favour. I much prefer charcoal. It looks much more classy and professional, IMO.

:previous: I loathe those blue suits the Wales boys favour. I much prefer charcoal. It looks much more classy and professional, IMO.
I actailly have wondered how many there are. Is there only one that gets worn over and over - or did they buy six the same time and rotate them So dull. I spend time hoping for un- repairable wear.

I actailly have wondered how many there are. Is there only one that gets worn over and over - or did they buy six the same time and rotate them So dull. I spend time hoping for un- repairable wear.

I hope it's only one, then it will eventually wear out and there's the chance they'll risk something different. If they bought multiples we are doomed to seeing them for years.

:p

Yees, but the good Skarsgard would, if he was allowed to by his producers, dress like Daniel and have a hairstyle just like Daniel. He would be much more comfortable that way.
Left to his own devices he would simply sit down and be boring, just like his fellow Swedes. It's actually abuse of the poor man when he is forced to pose for such photos.

Look at Daniel in this photo: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/Prince_Daniel.jpg
He's happy. :)
He knows he is the most conservatively dressed and boring man of those present.

In Sweden men don't come out of the closet, fashion wise. - They jump in. :D
Muhler, you are sooo bad! Poor Daniel, he has in-house monitoring to ensure his eyes do not wander to the lavender shirts in trendy shop windows, but fortunately for him, such shirting material is unlikely to be an option at his tailor, whereas lucky gorgeous Alexander Skarsgard, forced to look drop dead gorgeous. It's a cold cruel world out there guys.

:previous: Umm, that would be a definite No!

I'm sooo agre with both . Is sooo NO!!

:previous::lol:
Yes, but sometimes reality catch up with the jokes.

I read that PH at this event did sit himself behind a piano and sang a song. Edith Piaf's Non je ne regrette rien to be exact.
So his cabaret outfit was somehow appropriate. :D

:previous::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: we can always count on Henrik
Yet, it does not come near Joachim red velvet coat ;)
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/22/c4/de/22c4de2923f00be24527e9a5bf4a7ad4.jpg

Carl Philip today, in very tight pants. they look close to skinny jeans/leggings
http://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/f3/ea/f3eae8c755394730a6f949c9be89898c/16x9/680@80.jpg
especially the second photo in this gallery
APA-PictureDesk

I like the colour of Carl Philip's suit, but the fit doesn't look great - even for a slim fit urban style.

Harry looked smashing! So elegant...absolutely love the long coat ...very vintage. Best dressed of the men there.

LaRae

Really Like the DoE's green coat...and Harry looks dashing again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really Like the DoE's green coat...and Harry looks dashing again!

I believe D of E wears a Loden coat. Traditional German and Austrian outerwear that has been around at least since the 60's. Wonderful coats and jackets that will keep you warm and dry in any weather and they last forever.

I've never heard of it...will look it up. Any idea what Harry's wearing?

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom