The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 3: May 2011 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the coat and the hat, but the boots have got to go.

The Duchess of Cornwall at the Christmas Speed Stakes at the London International
Horse Show in London on December 15, wearing a wonderful combination in black
with little highlights - I like the complete look very much on her!

** Full view **

Yes, this outfit is also very nice. I like the jacket a lot!

The dress looks very elegant and I absolutely love that particular shade of blue.
I am generally a great admirer of the Duchess of Cornwall's style; she always looks appropriate, elegant and comfortable.

More detailed picture of the dress.

Last edited:
The dress is certainly very elegant and appropriate.

I laughed at reading that when someone Camilla about her dress and she told them she ordered it from a catalogue, she apparently followed it up with "and they've got a sale on at the moment!".

That shade of blue looks stunning on Camila. I really like the style of the dress too; very elegant and appropriate for an engagement.

Beautiful navy blue on Camilla and she's wearing one of her gorgeous pearl chokers and favorite pearl earrings as well.

The black horse show outfit just seems so western style to me. She just need a hat. lol

The blue dress is nice but boring.

She looks very smart in this simple, clean-lines dress. It is simple and flattering.

Beautiful navy blue on Camilla and she's wearing one of her gorgeous pearl chokers and favorite pearl earrings as well.

Those pieces go great with the dress. Everything is understated and simple, and that makes the whole outfit for me.

The Duchess of Cornwall wore a lovely coat for an outing with her mother-in-law and stepdaughter-in-law.

I think she looks wonderful. The coat is gorgeous and very appropriate, the shoes are perfect with it and Camilla's favourite choker necklace compliments the whole look perfectly. In fact, of the three royal ladies, I like Camilla's ensemble best.

Gallery of pictures.
Article from Daily Mail.

Last edited:
On some photos the dress does look a bit like a rugby top from the shoulders up. But seeing it all I think it's very nice and appropriate.

I love the cut and style of the coat/dress and the shade of navy blue, but I don't like the white stripes across the shoulders.

Great style for Camilla. Beautifully made; notice the precision in matching up the stripes. Evidentally, the work of a dressmaker.

I love her outfit, everything looks well-matched and elegant!!

It looks like a bad prison uniform!:eek:

I like the shade of blue on Camilla which flatters her so well and the cut of the coat, but not the stripes.

Camilla outfit isn´t bad, nice colour of blue but I don´t like those white stripes

I really liked the blue and white strioed coat. The stripes have been very popular here recently, with Nicole Farhi doing a number of very similar coats.

The Duchess of Cornwall wore a lovely coat for an outing with her mother-in-law and stepdaughter-in-law.

I think she looks wonderful. The coat is gorgeous and very appropriate, the shoes are perfect with it and Camilla's favourite choker necklace compliments the whole look perfectly. In fact, of the three royal ladies, I like Camilla's ensemble best.

Gallery of pictures.
Article from Daily Mail.

I really like the coat. Camilla often wears navy shades and I think it's quite flattering, but I especially like the details/white stripes. And of course her choker necklace. ;)

Last edited:
I think overall Camilla dresses very good, she's gone through some bad outfits but in general I find her clothes age appropriate but not matrony and usually good quality. She isnt as perfectly "uniformized" like HM, I expect that to come with her step up in role, but she has found a good way for herself.

Out of the three royal women at the event, I actually liked Camilla's the most.

The Duchess has a particularly interesting body shape to accommodate. Primarily since she had her hysterectomy, Camilla's physique has changed and not for the better when it comes to the matter of dressing. If you look at her wedding photos compared to now, you'll see the difference. It of course is not something that can be helped, but it does make the task of fashioning a flattering cut rather challenging. Especially when the problematic area is around her stomach and abdomen and so has the appearance of looking rather bloated.

Of course this is not uncommon for women who have undergone such a procedure.

She does dress age appropriate however.

Last edited:

Gallery of pictures.
Article from Daily Mail.

Oh those stripes! Mmmm....maybe they grow on you......I dunno. If the whole coat was that blue color with a large white scarf thrown over - yes, or the stripes were discreet somehow - yet in certain poses the coat looks great.

a lovely coat

I simply LOVE Kate's coat - it looks like its made of a textured cloth. Looks fabulous. Liking Kate's classic fashion choices recently - she looks very natural here, too, very relaxed and happy - good to see - though it seems we will never be free of the underliner :-( .

All in all, the three women did a nice job coordinating their colors. Kinda cute. One can imagine them talking about it. :) There's cute little girl behind Kate in one of the pictures in a wonderful blue textured-looking-cloth dress. Everyone wearing blue?

coat

This is the second walk-about I think they have done as a three-some recently. That's very nice. Might it have to do with Phillip needing to be absent or is it just a decision they've made?

Last edited:
I really like her coat and the nautical theme it's got giong. Very trendy look for her.

After looking at the many pics of Camilla's coat, I really do not care for the stripes. Perhaps it is because there seems to be too many of them. I like the shape of the coat as it is flattering on her figure and I like the color, but I just cannot get past all of the white stripes! :)

I really think she could have found something better. Too voluminous, calling attention to her bulk. And too long and loud. Really, almost embarassing.

The Duchess of Cornwall wore a lovely purple outfit for the Annual Commonwealth Day Observance Service.
She matched it with gorgeous purple hat, and lovely brooches.

Pictures originally posted by iceflower in the British Royal Family thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom