The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 3: May 2011 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i'm really torn on this one. The outfit is really really nice and well the headpiece, as much i hated it the first time in 2008, i must admit i find it today quite acceptable...

I like the outfit, but the jury is still out on the hat. Overall, not bad.

Camilla looks great- she pulls off the hat well.

I do love this hat, and the matching coat is wonderful as well.

Not liking the outfit at all. The top looks like a cheap Tshirt. And the hat :eek: good lord, did Camilla get stuck in the bushes before going to the wedding? While I liked Camilla's wedding headpiece (similar style), this one is just horrible.

Worst dressed. Dislike the outfit, and there are no words for the headpiece.

Camilla's dress coat is quite nice indeed. I'm just not sure about the hat . . .

Not liking the outfit at all. The top looks like a cheap Tshirt. And the hat :eek: good lord, did Camilla get stuck in the bushes before going to the wedding? While I liked Camilla's wedding headpiece (similar style), this one is just horrible.
I don't think so but if you can show me a photo as an example of the Tshirt look I'd appreciate it.

The hat is, of course, an acquired taste.

:previous: Sort of like eels on toast. :lol:

No seriously, I think she was trying to fit into the "summer wedding" theme. The hat was just too much, everything else worked.

Well i'm really torn on this one. The outfit is really really nice and well the headpiece, as much i hated it the first time in 2008, i must admit i find it today quite acceptable...

I agree, when I first saw the hat at the Trooping, I did not like it at all. However, it all seemed "right" for the Edinburgh wedding.

Re the suit, I think it is a lovely classsic suit that works well for Camilla. She first wore this suit at the wedding of her daughter, Laura, albeit with a different hat. Funnily, to Peter & Autumn's wedding, Camilla had worn the dress she had worn to Tom and Sara's wedding.

Her hat or whatever you call it reminds me of those floral wreaths you hang on your door or wall.

I collect door wreaths or garlands, and I agree with blujean - she could have done much, much better.

Worst dressed. Dislike the outfit, and there are no words for the headpiece.

I have to agree Roseroyal. Aweful, aweful outfit. The accordian pleated panels in the coat made Camilla look as if she has extremely broard hips. Not at all flattering. The "over the top" floral hat and unsuitable "chunky" choker looked like they had been robbed from a "drag queen's" stage wardrobe. Definitely the worst dressed at the wedding.

Last edited:
I have to agree Roseroyal. Aweful, aweful outfit. The accordian pleated panels in the coat made Camilla look as if she has extremely broard hips. Not at all flattering. The "over the top" floral hat and unsuitable "chunky" choker looked like they had been robbed from a "drag queen's" stage wardrobe. Definitely the worst dressed at the wedding.

Thank you so much for your comment! So objective of course...:whistling:

Did you mean "awful" or "awesome"?

The "over the top" floral hat and unsuitable "chunky" choker looked like they had been robbed from a "drag queen's" stage wardrobe.

Its all down to perosnal tastes and preferences, but the "unsuitable chunky choker... robbed from a drag queen's stage wardrobe" has been a much admired and much liked piece of jewellery if you look at the DoC jewellery thread. It is rumoured to have been acquired at auction by the Queen Mother.

I collect door wreaths or garlands, and I agree with blujean - she could have done much, much better.

Yeah I have a couple wreaths too. I love them they're beautiful... as a decoration NOT a hat.

OK, we all have our likes and dislikes as your dissection of Camilla's dress demonstrates but the above statement exceeds the bounds of honest, if not heated, debate in favour of snarky vitriol.

Camilla at the wedding of Ben Elliot & Mary-Clare Winwood 10th September 2011
A little too fussy IMO but she wears these elaborate hats with aplomb
Getty

I like it, it is a bit much, but she wears it, not the other way around.

One of my favourite Camilla pieces! Very Edwardian.

:previous: Indeed. These kind of hats don't seem very popular among the posters and fashion bloggers (AFAIK Princess Michael has a similar one), but I, for one, like them very much. All in all a nice outfit.

I don't mind the heat, but the stuff on the shoulders of the coat is a bit much.

Don't like the outfit of the hat!

Camilla at the wedding of Ben Elliot & Mary-Clare Winwood 10th September 2011
A little too fussy IMO but she wears these elaborate hats with aplomb
Getty

Camilla's suit and hat have both been recycled on a number of occassions. I am not a big fan of the suit, it made its debut on the trip to Japan a few years ago. I think the hat works well for Camilla, she has the presence to wear hats like that well. Again, this hat been used consistently for a number of years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom