The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 3: May 2011 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this outfit. It's very attractive on her.

Latest outfits of the Duchess of Cornwall:

At a reception in Greenwich, London, July 4, 2011, wearing a nice summer dress with black dots.

** Full view ** Upper part **

At the RHS Hampton Palace flower show, July 5, wearing a suiting flower dress ;)

And at the 250th Anniversary Dinner of The Board of Deputies of British Jews in London, July 5, 2011,
wearing a wonderful blue evening dress

** Full view **

Latest outfits of the Duchess of Cornwall:

At a reception in Greenwich, London, July 4, 2011, wearing a nice summer dress with black dots.

At the RHS Hampton Palace flower show, July 5, wearing a suiting flower dress ;)

And at the 250th Anniversary Dinner of The Board of Deputies of British Jews in London, July 5, 2011,
wearing a wonderful blue evening dress

** Full view **
First outfit- I like the dress- although it makes me dizzy, but I think it would look better on Sophie or Kate- does not suit the DOC.
2nd outfit- love the fabric, but there again it makes me dizzy, and is too loud, hurts my eyes.
3rd outfit- Love that gown, seems to be a fav of the DOC.

First outfit- I like the dress- although it makes me dizzy, but I think it would look better on Sophie or Kate- does not suit the DOC.
2nd outfit- love the fabric, but there again it makes me dizzy, and is too loud, hurts my eyes.
3rd outfit- Love that gown, seems to be a fav of the DOC.

I agree about the first dress. It's nice, but doesn't really suit Camila (it would be better without the dots too).

I like the second dress. I guess I thought it went with the motif of the visit; flower show, flowery dress. That's just me though. She looked nice in it too.

LOVE the third gown. The color, the style, are elegant and not loud. Isn't that the same dress she wore to William and Catherine's evening wedding reception? It looks familiar.

I like the second dress. I guess I thought it went with the motif of the visit; flower show, flowery dress. That's just me though. She looked nice in it too.

LOVE the third gown. The color, the style, are elegant and not loud. Isn't that the same dress she wore to William and Catherine's evening wedding reception? It looks familiar.
Oh yes, a flowered dress was an obvious choice for a flower show. I just did not like that one!
Yes, that is the 3rd time the DOC has worn that gown.
First- State dinner on official visit with the POW to Spain
Second- W& C's wedding afterparty
Third- now.

Oh yes, a flowered dress was an obvious choice for a flower show. I just did not like that one!
Yes, that is the 3rd time the DOC has worn that gown.
First- State dinner on official visit with the POW to Spain
Second- W& C's wedding afterparty
Third- now.

Actually, the blue gown you are referring to was worn in Portugal, and not Spain. The blue gown from the trip to Spain was worn again at the state dinner for the Obama's in London.

Nice dress and jacket worn by Camilla at the final phase of the Greenwich Park Eventing Invitational event

Iceflower said:

Last edited by a moderator:
She's not looking her best on Pics 1 to 3...

Oh, I'm loving the look on Camilla. Love the color and the fun print on the dress. What a wonderful surprise from her.

Its just the hair, IMO
This situation more than highlights the reason for the prevalence of hats worn by senior royals. The wind can and does ruin perfect occasions and either a well arranged up do plus hair spray maintains the "look" or an appropriate hat or fascinator is called into play.

I was surprised Camilla wasn't wearing one on this occasion as in some of the photo's her entire face is obscured by her hair. But what really bugs me is she seems to have a really good eye for what looks good on her and really rocks the "hat" look so why not use it.

What makes you think that the hat wouldn't have tried to fly away? How many pins would she have needed to keep it securely in place?

I remember an interview of the Queen's hairdresser some years ago. To the question "what's the secret oh HM's indestructible do", his answer was "the secret? Hairspray, hairspray and more hairspray"...

What makes you think that the hat wouldn't have tried to fly away? How many pins would she have needed to keep it securely in place?
As many as it took and, with a little help from that marvellous invention . . . . . "Hairspray" any hat would have stayed the course! :ROFLMAO:

I remember Princess Mary loosing her hat at an engagement before her marriage. I don't think that has ever happened again. There are itsy bitsy royal secrets passed down generation to generation that impart the secrets of retaining hats and not having Marilyn Munro dress moments.

PS: Wish someone had imparted the second bit to Catherine in Canada!

The 2nd green floral dress really makes her blend in with the garden. :D

I like the black/white polka dot dress. I think it's cute.

I remember an interview of the Queen's hairdresser some years ago. To the question "what's the secret oh HM's indestructible do", his answer was "the secret? Hairspray, hairspray and more hairspray"...
Indeed you can tell she uses a lot of hairspray as her hair never moves even when it's windy.

The Duchess of Cornwall yesterday, July 20, attending The Prince's Foundation for Children & the
Arts DesignQuest Project Finale in London, wearing a nice white dress with matching accessories.

The dress looks light pink to me...she looks very good.

Great summer style for the Duchess. Very similar to a dress worn recently by Princess Mabel. Perhaps fashion is taking a turn for the better.

The Duchess of Cornwall yesterday, July 20, attending The Prince's Foundation for Children & the
Arts DesignQuest Project Finale in London, wearing a nice white dress with matching accessories.

** Full view ** **
There is something I don't like about the dress in this pic. I think it is the neckline. Yet in the other pic, the neckline, and indeed the whole outfit looks wonderful. Werid.

There is something I don't like about the dress in this pic. I think it is the neckline. Yet in the other pic, the neckline, and indeed the whole outfit looks wonderful. Werid.

Might that be because a stole is obscuring the neck in thepicture above?​

Even with the best will in the world - sometimes you can't get it right, even when you try !

Not sure whether there is a thread here showing unfavourable juxtapositions of images ?

:previous:

Frankly is this kind of comment REALLY necessary ?

I think the outfit would have looked better without the wrap around her shoulders. Other than that, Camilla looks fine.

Might that be because a stole is obscuring the neck in thepicture above?​
Yes I think in the first photo she's wearing a wrap or scarf and in the the other photo she's not wearing it.

I think the outfit would have looked better without the wrap around her shoulders. Other than that, Camilla looks fine.

It was quite nippy in London for most of last week, so I guess the wrap was required.

The Duchess of Cornwall at the wedding of Zara and Mike on July 30, 2011,
wearing a lovely combination in light colours and half of Charles' summer garden on her head ;)

** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part ** Hat **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom