The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 2: December 2009 - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm not a great fan of the cream colored duster, it is designed to go with a lot of dresses/pants outfits, thereby stretching the wardrobe. A duster is designed to be 3/4 or 7/8 sleeve length and a couple of inches shorter than the person's usual hemline. I like the style, but the fabric seems to have been mauled -- probably during pressing.

I really like the grey/silver burnout outfit. It suits her.

I now admire Camilla for being able to keep her figure, as I have always admired The Princess Royal. Amazing that the PR can wear an outfit from 30 years ago.

Prince Charles looks so different in sunglasses. He looks kind of cute in them.

:previous:

Duchess Camilla is very elegant with this dress.

The 2 outfits worn on day 2 in Morocco were the most flattering outfits worn throughout the visits.

The 2 outfits worn on day 2 in Morocco were the most flattering outfits worn throughout the visits.

I agree they were nice, but I also think the outfits in Spain were lovely. I realy liked the white/ beige combo's

Great color, great detailing. Love, love, love this look on Camilla. These types of jackets make her look much smaller than some of the other shorter jackets she wears.

She actually looks nice.
Love the detail.

I thought she looked nice, too. She wanted to wave to the crowd after getting out of the car, but Charles sort of turned on his heel and walked a few paces, then stopped and look round for her.

Is it royal protocol that she has to walk sort of behind him? Does he ever take her by the arm and walk her into a place? When the clerics are greeting them, he does the same thing again - sort of walks off without looking back and she has to smile and catch up to where he is - it just doesn't seem like the foreign royal couples were so disconnected.

Maybe they were anxious, as it was such a big day for them (Camilla didn't seem anxious, Charles did).

Um....what the heck is Camilla wearing to the evening party? A caftan?! Holy crap that's awful. Looks like a house dress.

:previous:I have to agree. But, then again, maybe comfort is the main thing!

I was absolutely astonished that the DOC would repeat the dress and same exact jewels she wore to the official visit to Portugal not to long ago to her step sons wedding evening reception! I mean, you have money one dress is not going to send you int bankruptcy!

Wedding outfit was pretty, the colors & the gold looked good, loved that hat.

Reception, very boring & the cut was very unflattering.

Wedding- loved the dress, disliked the hat!

The hat was bad. Too big and clumsy. The outfit was fine. Nothing special. The evening out was a fancy bathrobe.

The hat was too big for strolling about it - but it looks smashing when Camilla is inside the landau. It still could have been 2/3 its size though, and made her the most visible lady in the landau (which I suppose was her intent).

I think the Duchess of Cornwall is indeed concerned about being thrifty, although it sounds odd, I think she and Prince Charles both think it's a strong virtue.

The hat has been worn two times before, the first time at Royal Ascot Opening Day 2009; the second time at a Garden Party at BP.

I liked the wedding outfit - it's pretty and understated. I love the embroidery on the sides.

Do my eyes deceive me or is the top part of her jacket at the wedding a pale blue? It looks odd.

^
Yes I believe it does have a slightly different colour tone. I think the subtle colour is nice.

Thanks for confirming it. I wasn't sure if there was something wrong with my eyes. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom