The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 2: December 2009 - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Actually I quite like it. Sometimes we confuse "current fashion" with reality. Camilla knows what she feels comfortable in and to be honest, she's the one that has to feel confident and smile for hours on end.

I don't think there's a woman out there that hasn't had the awful experience of feeling uncomfortable and less confident because the wore something that looked great on the hangar, at home in the mirror, and one you left the house, makes you feel conspicuous and uncomfortable in the worst sort of way.

I was wondering about her shoes but then I thought it lifted the colour just as her darker sapphires did.

I was looking at this article and the first photo caught my eye. I think it was only the wind but it looked like her hair had been styled differently and, I thought it looked really great.

Great Royal Weddings: Prince Charles of Great Britain Marries Camilla Parker Bowles - StyleList

Last edited by a moderator:

I am not sure the dress is an unqualified succcess - its fine, and I suspect will get enough use over the years, but nothing special, IMO! I guess it was designed to be a cool summer dress, discrete, not too revealing - so I guess could get used for overseas trips to the ME, Asia, Africa and the Carribbean.

The color is pretty and so is the beading. Not much else to say, it doesn't really do much for her imo.

She looks a bit schloopy but actually not that bad. Is there a gala set for this evening?

She looks a bit schloopy but actually not that bad. Is there a gala set for this evening?

I am familiar with the term "schloopy" (sloppy? droppy?), but I do think she looks very smart.

Camilla does not look bad but I don't like the fact the dress is a much whiter shade than the lovely coat which does give the first impression of a sloppy slip which is a pity.

Camilla does not look bad but I don't like the fact the dress is a much whiter shade than the lovely coat which does give the first impression of a sloppy slip which is a pity.

I agree with you re impression of sloppy slip

This dress looks stunning on Camilla, makes her look younger, slimmer, radiant etc well done:flowers:

Beautiful! What a gorgeous color and style. She looks fabulous.

I am wonderfully surprised by the Duchess tonight, she looks splendid! I prefer richer colours on the Duchess but otherwise everything is near perfect.

Step aside Cinderella!! The DOC looks the fairest of them all tonight!

I am not sure the dress is an unqualified succcess - its fine, and I suspect will get enough use over the years, but nothing special, IMO! I guess it was designed to be a cool summer dress, discrete, not too revealing - so I guess could get used for overseas trips to the ME, Asia, Africa and the Carribbean.

Add - shapeless shift

Yes Nico. Camilla looks elegant. Lovely blue evening dress really suits her.

She looks good in this dress, and she knows it. And doesn't Charles look proud of her?

She looks good in this dress, and she knows it. And doesn't Charles look proud of her?

Charles can definitely be proud of her! She looks great, both looked radiant and happy, lovely to see. Spanish couple (although much younger) in comparison with them looked a bit stiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom