The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2005 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.C.C.

Nobility
Last edited by a moderator:
Day one of their honeymoon:

Attachments

• l.jpg
    l.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 475
She does looks very happy.I think it's a nice hat:

Attachments

• 52776734.jpg
    52776734.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 451
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall Fashion and Style

This is the 1st evening gala gown worn by Camilla since she married the Prince of Wales and became HRH the Duchess of Cornwall. It was worn to a gala on May 16, 2005.

The gown of HRH at the gala

Others (judging from GRMB) seem to love this dress, but I think it's a desaster... the top's fabric looks like some old couch's upholstery while the skirt resembles polyester curtains, falling in awkward pleats - no good craftmanship here - and the color is less than flattering for Camilla. I'm aware that for some reason people suddenly seem to love just about everything about her these days, and I think her daywear looks great for the most part, but this is a terrible choice for her first evening gown as Duchess. I guess her very busy stylist took a day off.

Boris said:
Others (judging from GRMB) seem to love this dress, but I think it's a desaster... the top's fabric looks like some old couch's upholstery while the skirt resembles polyester curtains, falling in awkward pleats - no good craftmanship here - and the color is less than flattering for Camilla. I'm aware that for some reason people suddenly seem to love just about everything about her these days, and I think her daywear looks great for the most part, but this is a terrible choice for her first evening gown as Duchess. I guess her very busy stylist took a day off.

Plus the top is a couple of sizes to big for her.. :eek:

was that yellow one made by robindon and valentine?

she also wore another more, a silky pale blue one...

She used to wore that hat at the Queen's 50th years of Coronation in 2003.But i think she looks really lovely this time.

I'm not a fan of that hat,i've just woken up at 4 o'clock in the morning and when is saw the hat,i did not feel sleepy anymore!LOL.I do not think that hat suitable to be at Garter.But i think the Duchess seems so busy with the new hat at Trooping the Colour on Saturday,a new hat today,and what will she wear at Royal Ascot?It's the time of "Duchess of Cornwall's Style" coming.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
I'm not a fan of that hat,i've just woken up at 4 o'clock in the morning and when is saw the hat,i did not feel sleepy anymore!LOL.I do not think that hat suitable to be at Garter.But i think the Duchess seems so busy with the new hat at Trooping the Colour on Saturday,a new hat today,and what will she wear at Royal Ascot?It's the time of "Duchess of Cornwall's Style" coming.

I think Camilla might make this one of her signature hat styles like the Countess of Wessex has done with her a-symetrical, tall, feathered hats she wears all the time.

Camilla wores same Sophie's hats at Royals Ascot but its almost lookslike hats

Sara Boyce

must say she has some really nice hats , not to keen of the big feather one , but the rest are lovely!

Magnifican hat ... i am lovingher styl.

Mascha said:
Plus the top is a couple of sizes to big for her.. :eek:

I wasn't fond of that outfit either...I think the top looks too big, and there isn't enough shape to the skirt...(in my opinion about all of this, of course)

The second outfit's top, I find really odd. I don't like the piece of fabric on her left shoulder that just kind of drapes, I think it's most unflattering...(sorry if you like either of which, I'm personally just not a fan of either outfit.)

All pictures are from Getty images

For the 60th anniversary of the end of World War II celebrations, which took place on July 10, 2005, the Duchess of Cornwall wore two hats. The first hat she wore at the beginning of the day was the hat she wore for the trooping the colour in June of 2005.

HRH at the first event she attended to celebrate the end of WWII

After the first event she attened with the Prince of Wales, which were in Wales, she then changed to attend the events in London with the rest of the Royal Family. The hat HRH wore to attend the rest of the days events was a new, more interesting hat.

The Duchess's second hat for the WWII celebrations

Another shot of the 2nd hat she wore

A nice close picture of the hat

And yet another view of the 2nd hat

Last edited:
I don't like Camila hats. Her 2 headbands looks like grass, and hats...well...:confused:
That hat which she wore for Royal Garden Party was terrible:eek: I think that she should find new milliner and her own heat-style. Few of her hats reminds me Countess of Wessex hats which she wore in the past.
I like only Camilla's hats from 8 May and 9 June 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom