The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2005 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, not my favorite color, purple, but Camilla really looks good. Love the brooches!

The DoC is well-dressed one more time.No surprise!I personally love her pearls.But-I'm sorry-why is she smiling?She's going to a funeral,right?Oh,well...
Yes indeed! A celebration of the life of Harry Patch. Those waiting in the rain expect at least a smile of acknowledgement. She obliged and I wouldn't mind betting there were more than a few laughs at the reminiscences during the funeral. :flowers:

The Duchess should have worn black gloves to make it 'complete' IMO; how nice that Charles choose his morning dress from his own wedding in April 2005. I think we have never seen it since; I have a dislike of his grey morning dresses worn at Ascot.

You're right, QueenElizabeth. Black gloves would have made it complete. But Camilla definitely looked great.

Really like her in purple, it suits DoC well, IMO.

Except for the first day, I have really really liked all the Duchess's outfits on her tour of Canada.

Day One:
Scarf and Gloves Full Look
I love the scarf and gloves, and the brooch is quite delicious, but I don't care much for the jacket.

Day Two:
Shawl, Scarf, and Hat:) Sans Shawl Evening Look

Day Three:
Full Outfit The Hat
Like it all, especially the Hat.

Day Four:
Polka Dot and Fur Cape
This is an smashing look for the Duchess. I love it when Polka Dots are worn correctly and I think the cape is quite lovely.

I cant seem to find any evening photos for Day Three, anybody else have any luck?

Sorry, but the last outfit is a joke.
A heavy, fur-lined Mountain Police cape over a light summer dress in oversized polka dots, worn with winter boots and muskateer gloves, everything cutting off her neck and adding fifty pounds to her figure?
She looks like her own self-parody.
The best style on the DoC are fitted, sharply tailored two-piece suits with shorter skirts, as worn for the arrival of the Indian President recently. Unfortunately, so far there have been no outfits of this kind seen during the current tour.

Although I do love to see the Duchess in fitted suits, the polka dot outfit is fun and different. All of her outfits on this tour have been appropriate and look nice, nothing out in left field for me at least.

I thought the outfit was a nice balance of winter elegance and English eccentricity. I do thinks she looks great in fitted suits, like that purple one worn during the state visit, but I'm fond of the fun and different as well.

:previous:

I agree. The coat especially is quite ugly & unflattering for the Duchess of Cornwall, just the wrong choice IMO. Beside from that I like her boots and gloves. I wonder how that dress looks like that she's obviously wearing.

OMG, she's taking fashion advice from Jo Frost! The cape is not a good look for her... and I had thought she was looking very nice. What a puzzle.

haha, i guess im in the big minority who likes the outfit. The duchess wore an interesting evening outfit on the third night but im having a hard time find a proper pic. Ive only seen the upper portion and it looks like a blue silk blazer and blue knit dress? The top bit didnt look to good, tbh, but Id like to see the whole outfit.

All wrong :bang::bang::bang:

The first thing I thought of was an Edgar Wallace movie - The strangler from Blackmoor castle.

Sad, Camilla could do so much better.

Perhaps she wore it because it was cold and she didn´t want to appear shivering. Canadians on the forum can tell me what the temperature was at the time....
It is a bit eccentric, but it was amusing and she certainly looked warm.
As to the rabbit fur, if it is recycled I am all for it, I believe in recycling and throwing a garment out because it has old fur sounds very wasteful.

Really unflattering. Too bad, I like the color of the coat so much.

I like the colour and the pattern - but the shape of the cape is all wrong - it just bloats her.

Courtesy of Daylife(Getty-Chris Jackson).

"9 November 2009-Victoria, Canada-100th anniversary celebrations(2010) for the Royal Canadian Navy."

http://www.daylife.com/photo/01B00DQ2MBdQi?q=camilla%2C+duchess+of+cornwall

Does anyone know the maunufacturer(designer) of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall's brown suede knee high boots and/or a similar style of boots?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and Thank you,
EaO.

:flowers:

I've been a bit disappointed by Camilla's wardrobe for the Canadian trip - the cape aside, they were all fine, but nothing outstanding - she relies too much on dark browns and navys, when reds and purples work for her in winter - help her stand out a bit more. It's just all been a bit, well... dull.

"9 November 2009-Victoria, Canada-100th anniversary celebrations(2010) for the Royal Canadian Navy."

Does anyone know the maunufacturer(designer) of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall's brown suede knee high boots and/or a similar style of boots?

Cheers and Thank you,
EaO.

Generally she wears L K Bennet shoes and boots so that would be my guess

I agree with James in London, very disappointing fashion on Camilla DoC on the trip to Canada. Nothing really stands out as regal, royal or elegant to me, which is unfortunate!

Cheers and Thank you,
EaO.

I love the boots and the outfit.
Photo from Getty Images - The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Canada - Day 10 News, photos, topics, and quotes

Her best in Canada. :)

I really wish she would have worn at least one suit cut along those lines, nicely tailored and in a strong color, during the visit to Canada.
Her whole Canada wardrobe was dowdy, drab, shapeless und unflattering. Her own mother-in-law wears more appealing clothes, especially when it comes to daywear.

Although the purple suit doesn't seem well-tailored, it's nice and decent. Much better than that cape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom