The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Gentry

Talking 2 questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I was amazed to read that all clothes that are no longer 'wearable' are unpicked at Windsor and made into new garments which are then sent to charity shops on the understanding that the shop owners never let on as to where the clothes came from. The Queen, Princess Margaret and the Queen Mother all insisted on the practise and Princess Anne, the Countess of Wessex, the Duchess of Kent, the Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Alexandra all donate their old clothes and hats.
I was wondering two things about this: (1) where did you read this and is it a reliable source (b/c we all know not everything we read is true), and (2) is "unpicked" similar to taken apart? I ask b/c it isn't a phrase I've come across before and I didn't know if it was something uniquely British or uniquely "you". In context, it seems as if it means they are taken apart... I agree that this is an excellent way to recycle their clothes without having to see their old items showing up on eBay as "item #6 jillion, as worn by HM the Queen"... could you imagine??????

Old 03-16-2006, 06:56 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lourdes
Well, I'll say it again, but IMO, the Camilla and the word "lovely" should not be used in the same sentence. I mean is everyone just being nice? Camilla is NOT attractive. She has nice clothes and sometimes nice hats, but they just don't complete the package!
Just depends on the connotation. I think that the Duchess is lovely, beautiful, radiant, etc., all because of her inner beauty and strength. She seems to me to be a pretty warm and kind hearted person. She glows because of those intangible qualities and it shows on her physical self. Therefore, IMO, she exudes loveliness. With that said she does complete the package.

She has a few hit or misses in her wardrobe but give her time and she'll work them all out.:)

Old 03-16-2006, 07:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla projects an image of kindness, style and the brittish upperclass upbringing. Add to that the best stylists, jewelry and clothes that money can buy and the package is very appealing. Whether she has inner beauty is for the people that know her very well to decide but as far as her public image Charles' money has been well spent.

Besides, I just love her hats. She has the body and face to wear the oversized hats and they look great on her. They are tryly accessories and not just matching headcoverings.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:25 AM
Gentry

Camilla's hats

Not all her hats are wonderful. My 9 year-old saw the photo of the navy hat she wore with the feathers sticking up all along the brim... he said "that looks like a huge eyelash".... I had to laugh and agree, because once I looked at it again, he was right!:p
Old 03-16-2006, 07:35 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by skhaynie
Not all her hats are wonderful. My 9 year-old saw the photo of the navy hat she wore with the feathers sticking up all along the brim... he said "that looks like a huge eyelash".... I had to laugh and agree, because once I looked at it again, he was right!:p
LOL!!! She has definitely had some misses.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

The hat reminded me of the romanovs in the early 1900's. It seemed so grand and imperial. It wasnt one of her best but she is royal and can get away with a crazy hat here and there.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cornwall with her new hat at the Queen's 80th Birthday Service of Thanksgiving at St George's Chapel today:
Picture from Getty Images and via Supload:

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 05-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Serene Highness

Getty Images
May 24, 2006-London Chamber Orchestra

May 22, 2006-Chelsea Flower Show
Old 05-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanfan
Getty Images
May 16, 2005-The Far Pavillions Premiere

June 7, 2005-Mystic India Premiere
Source Getty Images
April 21, 2006-Queen Elizabeth's 80th Birthday
Old 06-01-2006, 01:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla,Duchess of Cornwall recycling dress at prince`s trust charity 30th aniversary dinner

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...9&d=1149112545

i cant post that pictures
Old 06-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

I like Camilla's hats for the most part, but that big blue one she wore. How many Muppets did she have to kill to make that hat? hehehehe

Old 06-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
I like Camilla's hats for the most part, but that big blue one she wore. How many Muppets did she have to kill to make that hat? hehehehe

LOL...hahaha, that´s a good one. But I like this hat, suits her very well IMO.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Serene Highness

Source: Getty Images
May 19, 2005-Devon Couty Agricultural Show

August 4, 2005-Visiting Thurso Royal National Lifeboat Institution

November 7, 2005-Visit to the Ferry Building in San Francisco

December 25, 2005-Christmas Church Service

November 22, 2004-Winter gala performance of Opera and Ballet

November 23, 2005-Gala in aid of The Prince's Trust
Old 06-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Serene Highness

March 13, 2006-Commonwealth Day Service

April 12, 2006-Sovereign's Parade at Sandhurst

February 15, 2006-Reception celebrating the centenary of the Everyman's Library

November 17, 2005-Switching on the Christmas Lights

December 16, 2005-Performance of Madame Butterfly

March 8, 2006-Premiere of O These Foolish Things in Aid of the National Osteoporosis Society
Old 08-12-2006, 11:44 PM
Gentry

Corbis
Her headpiece for her daughters wedding was rather fresh and unusual!
Old 08-13-2006, 03:05 AM
Aristocracy

Lourdes,I disagree with you. Camilla is attractive. I have seen pictures of her, I think she was in her late twenties/ thirties where she was actually really pretty. The problem is that she doesn't photograph well at all. People who know her say this and they also saw she is a lot prettier and smaller in person And for years, the press tried to take the worst possible pictures of her which enforced in people minds Camilla wasn't beautiful.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Serene Highness

Fur hat (for me awful)
Worn: NOVEMBER 22 Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall meets members of the 3rd Battalion Parachute Regiment in the Hyderabad Barracks
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...72626678&cdi=0
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...72635160&cdi=0
Old 11-23-2006, 04:57 PM

Without getting into the fur debate - I think the hat really does suit Camilla and it must keep her warm. It's a real winter wardrobe and I think it's classy and practical too.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Serene Highness

I agree, Sam. The Duchess looks very good in it and next to that I think it's very warm and practical.

It's nice to see her wear a new hat!
Old 11-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Royal Highness

For someone who used to hunt and into country pursuits, I doubt she'd given a second thought to wearing fur. I think it looks good on her too.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, fashion, style