The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Royal Highness

One of Camillas hats when she still was married to Andrew

Lt Col Andrew Parker-Bowles of the Blues and Royals, with his wife Camilla, son Tom, 9 (holding his fathers OBE), and daughter Laura, five. 21st February 1984: (from TopFoto)

Old 10-11-2005, 09:09 AM

Re:

How 70s is Camilla's outfit in that photograph?! I'm not sure about the hat - I think her passion for huge feathered saucers is wonderful and it shows that she's not going to hide away.

The Queen wears bright colours to be seen - Camilla wears big hats to be seen!

Old 10-23-2005, 09:46 PM
Nobility

The hat worn by the Duchess of Cornwall to attend a service to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar, St. Paul's Cathedral, London. October 23, 2005

HRH's hat at the service
Old 10-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Aristocracy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
Others (judging from GRMB) seem to love this dress, but I think it's a desaster... the top's fabric looks like some old couch's upholstery while the skirt resembles polyester curtains, falling in awkward pleats - no good craftmanship here - and the color is less than flattering for Camilla. I'm aware that for some reason people suddenly seem to love just about everything about her these days, and I think her daywear looks great for the most part, but this is a terrible choice for her first evening gown as Duchess. I guess her very busy stylist took a day off.
:p Thats a Big TEN4. I like the color. But, not on her. She doesn't have the coloring to wear that color. It makes her look washed out. & I have to gree about the jacket & skirt statement. But, she is an old woman there is only so much that they can do for her. She has to look her age & anything that maybe better styled & in fashsion might be looked down upon by the Queen & Especially Phillip.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000
:p I like the color. But, not on her. She doesn't have the coloring to wear that color. But, she is an old woman there is only so much that they can do for her.

Princess Camilla looks great, even the check suits that everyone criticized early in her marriage, became fashion favourites here.

At 57 she is hardly 'an old woman', you are obviously very young. She tends to go for elegance rather than 'fashion'.

It would be nice to find a thread that doesn't have the ex wife's 'fans' snipeing at Camilla all the time.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Heir Apparent

A new hat and new outfit of The Duchess of Cornwall in The USA yesterday:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1131142902
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1131142902
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 11-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

The hat is really nice exept for the spiral corkskrew sticking out of the bow. What is that.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Nobility

The gown Camilla wore to attend a banquet at the White House during the visit of her and the Prince of Wales to the U.S., November 2, 2005
Reuters
The gown worn by HRH at the White House

The gown the Duchess wore to attend a gala in San Fransisco on the last leg of her and the Prince of Wales' U.S. tour, November 7, 2005
Colourpress
The gown worn by Camilla
Old 11-11-2005, 12:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.C.C.
The gown Camilla wore to attend a banquet at the White House during the visit of her and the Prince of Wales to the U.S., November 2, 2005
Reuters
The gown worn by HRH at the White House
I love this one. She looks good in two piece outfits. it shows off her figure very well, very flattering!
Old 11-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Ithought that for her first big event she wore some really impressive gown...well I was disappointment. As now I can't say that I like her dresses...maybe one or two.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:06 AM
Commoner

Red face

I just can't help wondering how Diana would have looked in the jewelry worn by Camilla. Could any of you do some computer magic and place this tiara on Diana for me?? Many thanks
Old 11-18-2005, 01:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Jewel
I just can't help wondering how Diana would have looked in the jewelry worn by Camilla. Could any of you do some computer magic and place this tiara on Diana for me?? Many thanks
If you wish to discuss jewelry such as tiaras, you should visit the Royal Jewels Forum where you will find the "experts" who you might not always catch at the Royal House of Fashion.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can someone post the dress she wore at the Diplomatic Dinner. It was black and white. I have only seen a few pics but from what I have seem it looks nice.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla,Duchess of Cornwall's recycling dress

you have some pictures of Camilla have double dress when she wores? please posts pictures.

Sara Boyce
Old 11-23-2005, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

camilla is a prolific clothing recycler:

here's her latest venture. sadly she added some boots that didnt really do it for me but oh well the outfit is still great. (these photos are all from Getty)

she wore it first when Haakon and MM came to drink tea with them.

then on the sad day that she departed american shores and returned to her homeland

and today visting one of her charities

Old 11-23-2005, 07:21 PM
Royal Highness

oh i like the boots. i think camilla looks very nice in just about everything i've seen her in. i just wish she'd update her hair style.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
oh i like the boots. i think camilla looks very nice in just about everything i've seen her in. i just wish she'd update her hair style.
Unfortunately, that is never going to happen. Apparently Prince Charles likes it just the way it is. So its good for him and bad for everyone else. I don't think there is anything wrong with it per se...but it would be nice for a chance every now and then.:p
Old 11-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Royal Highness

we do see a lot of the same outfits more than once but let's face it, she's obviously never been a clothes horse and even now when she has the money to be one she still isn't all about the wardrobe.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here is a beutiful dress worn by the Duchess of Cornwall to a fundraiser dinner for The Princes Trust.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
Here is a beutiful dress worn by the Duchess of Cornwall to a fundraiser dinner for The Princes Trust.
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/56...D2604A015CF9DF
this is a perfect dress for her...the colour is wonderful!

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, fashion, style