The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2005 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't help wondering how Diana would have looked in the jewelry worn by Camilla. Could any of you do some computer magic and place this tiara on Diana for me?? Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Jewel said:
I just can't help wondering how Diana would have looked in the jewelry worn by Camilla. Could any of you do some computer magic and place this tiara on Diana for me?? Many thanks

If you wish to discuss jewelry such as tiaras, you should visit the Royal Jewels Forum where you will find the "experts" who you might not always catch at the Royal House of Fashion.

Can someone post the dress she wore at the Diplomatic Dinner. It was black and white. I have only seen a few pics but from what I have seem it looks nice.
attachment.php
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=214256&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1132209656

Last edited:
Camilla,Duchess of Cornwall's recycling dress

you have some pictures of Camilla have double dress when she wores? please posts pictures.

Sara Boyce

camilla is a prolific clothing recycler:

here's her latest venture. sadly she added some boots that didnt really do it for me but oh well the outfit is still great. (these photos are all from Getty)

she wore it first when Haakon and MM came to drink tea with them.

then on the sad day that she departed american shores and returned to her homeland

and today visting one of her charities

Last edited:
oh i like the boots. i think camilla looks very nice in just about everything i've seen her in. i just wish she'd update her hair style.

Duchess said:
oh i like the boots. i think camilla looks very nice in just about everything i've seen her in. i just wish she'd update her hair style.

Unfortunately, that is never going to happen. Apparently Prince Charles likes it just the way it is. So its good for him and bad for everyone else. I don't think there is anything wrong with it per se...but it would be nice for a chance every now and then.:p

we do see a lot of the same outfits more than once but let's face it, she's obviously never been a clothes horse and even now when she has the money to be one she still isn't all about the wardrobe.

Here is a beutiful dress worn by the Duchess of Cornwall to a fundraiser dinner for The Princes Trust.
56265336.jpg

It seems that velvet is her fabric - her green coat and now her purple - they make her look very grand and elegant.

Camilla recycles nearly all of her clothes. This thread will be huge. I respect her for not being a clothes horse and using her clothes sensibly.

(Source for all pictures is Getty Images)
November 24, 2005-Visiting Defense Medical Rehab Center

Visiting Ground Zero-November 1, 2005

March 13, 2006-Visiting Sri Guru Singh Sabha Temple

February 21, 2006-Visiting Shooting Star House Children's Hospice

November 24, 2005-Visiting the Defence Medical Rehab Centre

Getty Images
April 10, 2005-Church Service during her honeymoon

April 14, 2005-Opening a playground during her honeymoon

Getty Images
May 16, 2005-The Far Pavillions Premiere

June 7, 2005-Mystic India Premiere

Getty Images
June 1, 2005-Reception for Calender Girls

June 22, 2005-Visit to Edinburgh Castle to meet World War II Veterans

Getty Images
June 21, 2005-Visiting Hulford Primary School in Scotland

June 23, 2005-Prince William's Graduation

Getty Images
July 4, 2005-Opening the World War II Living Museum

September 13, 2005-Service of Rememberance for holders of the Victoria Cross

June 14, 2005-Royal Ascot

She could use a bit more "uplift"-otherwise okay.

It a nice contrast of the shiny fabric underneath and the velvet overcoat. Rich colours looks great on her.

dont forget about white dress of her civil wedding and also trooping colour also she wores doubles

Sara Boyce

kwanfan said:
(Source for all pictures is Getty Images)
November 24, 2005-Visiting Defense Medical Rehab Center

Visiting Ground Zero-November 1, 2005

yay! its so nice to see her reusing this suit and necklace. I like it best of all her outfits. the color goes with her coloring. the a-line shape of the skirt is so flattering and the contrast between the 2 types of fabric is breathtaking.

I really do like most of Camilla's outfits. I didn't expect her to become such an elegant lady.

This might be stupid question, but why isn't Camilla wearing a sash at certain gala events such as the Norwegian State Visit? Thanks for answering :).

soCal girl said:
This might be stupid question, but why isn't Camilla wearing a sash at certain gala events such as the Norwegian State Visit? Thanks for answering :).
No, it's a good question. The answer is that Camilla can't wear a sash until she has been presented with a (British or foreign) Order. At the moment she is Orderless and thus sashless. Being given her first British Order by the Queen will mark yet another stage in her rites of passage into the inner circle of the House of Windsor.

Camilla's style

I like Cmailla's style. She is very elegant and very natural as well. And I find her simply charming. :)

I really liked all of her outfits, and especially the one she wore for the greeting of the Norwegian Royal Famaly. The only exception is perhaps the blue one. I think the Duchess is very elegant.

I think generally, Camilla's outfits have really flattered her. The long blue one with the long scarf that she wore on a visit to Middlesex (I think) really did flatter her. The Green Velvet she wore to turn on the lights in Burlington Arcade and the Purple Velvet she wore at the Prince's Trust function were both hits too. I love the tweedy suit with the blue edges and I think that the black outfit she wore to the Cenotaph was very elegant - but the winner for me is possibly the long blue coat with that huge feathery hat - such a statement of an outfit. The blue suit with the white hat she wore to Ascot was beautiful too and the white and pink creation she wore to meet the Calendar Girls. The only outfit I've not been overkeen on is the pinky one that she wore to Llandewi Breffi.

i like her style but i think she should stick to warmer colours like the dark pink or cranberry coloured suit in the pics above. the colour is fantastic on her.

IMO I think the duchess looks very elegant, but it also has to do with how happy she is her happiness is evident. I think her style suits her for her age. I think it was said that the hats make you stand out in a crowd hers definitely do.:)

Princejonnhy25 said:
The hat is really nice exept for the spiral corkskrew sticking out of the bow. What is that.

tell me about it! that spiral thing is so weird. it has no connection with the rest of the hat. hopefully it broke off as she got into her car or something.

Her Royal Highness wore a wonderful blue hat to church on Christmas Day;

I think it suits her and it's extremely stylish.

Picture from Corbis.

she looks lovely , thanks for posting the picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom