The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2005 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, the dress was not fitted properly on her, which is rather too often the case with her clothing.
Her choice of veil, very short and held in place with a weird-looking patch, I consider unfortunate as well:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/601/86235488.jpg

Last edited:
i dont think the dress for visiting the Pope as it isnt very flattering on her figure

i dont think the dress for visiting the Pope as it isnt very flattering on her figure

I have to agree, it was far too short for the occasion, and wasn't flattering at all and I the veil was too short as well

As very often the outfit looks ill-fitted, especially around the bust. OK Camilla is bigger around there and I hate to point to another woman with the same bust size but very very well fitted and designed outfits: HM.

Nobody expects Camilla to look like a model but she should get the tailoring right. Strange because she is surrounded by people wearing perfectly fitted outfits, not only her mother in law but also her husband.

and I the veil was too short as well
I loved the veil, not overly long or overly gathered, a simple, respectful, head covering, rather than too ornate.:flowers: Not too sure about the dress, which seems to have been a beautiful brocade.
I hate to point to another woman with the same bust size but very very well fitted and designed outfits: HM
HM's outfits tend to be rather baggy IMO, with the odd one fitted. In some pictures Camillas outfit seems too tight, in others just right. I suppose it depends on the angle of the camera and how Camilla is standing.:flowers:

Actress Joan Collins gave the Duchess of Cornwall ideas for a makeover, saying she needed to dress "younger"

Collins suggests a Camilla makeover - Yahoo! News UK

OMG, Joan Collins is the last to give advise one would have thought! :eek::lol::ROFLMAO:

ha ha like marry a toyboy and let your face become a mask that doesn't have much to do with how you actually look, only to let your hands and legs reveal how scary the face might look when the mask is off at home :cry:

dressing young would look ridiculous on Camilla, in general her approach is good but I don't think she has the best tailor / designer on hand who not only knows what suits her but is also able to provide a fitted result.

ha ha like marry a toyboy and let your face become a mask that doesn't have much to do with how you actually look, only to let your hands and legs reveal how scary the face might look when the mask is off at home :cry:

dressing young would look ridiculous on Camilla, in general her approach is good but I don't think she has the best tailor / designer on hand who not only knows what suits her but is also able to provide a fitted result.
JOAN COLLINS: How I'd give Camilla a makeover | Mail Online :eek::eek::eek::eek:

the Mulberry outfit is the funniest :ROFLMAO:

Tough call but I'd give the rasberry award to Alexander McQueen: OMG, the tights looked horrid in 1980's and still does even on the superthin model.

As to DoC, the "weird-looking patch" on her head was probably a comb to hold the veil in place. IMO, the potocally-correct dress is a punishment inflicted on all women by a bunch of men who can't have one.:angel: I mean funeral gear are meant for function, not fashion.

I was looking for Diana photos to compare the arrangement of the mantilla, couldn't find them on short notice. But in addition to the odd object on top of Camilla's head, the mantilla seemed rather oddly arranged. The dress wasn't so attractive either (but I remember they slapped Diana into a floor-length black lace which wasn't the best look for her either).

I'm just puzzled by Camilla's hair... didn't they bring a hairdresser?

As for the wind tunnel effect in Venice... been there, done that! I hate it when your hair is good when you leave the house, then, whush!

Oh, I'm going to blog Joan Collins' fashion tips for Camilla...

I think that Camilla dresses quite lovely--her outfits are always appropriate for the event and she always looks comfortable and sensible. Is she wowing the world in stilettos? No, but then again, she would look ridiculous in Letizia's shoes (after all, Letizia herself looks ridiculous in them!). I will say that her best fabrics are those we see in the winter-velvets, brocades, tweeds, etc.... and the way they drape is very flattering to her. But, I don't think she looks bad--a little nip and tuck on her dress every now and again wouldn't hurt, but I do think she looks for the most part quite lovely--and I do adore her shoes. Very elegant and sensible.

I don't think she looks bad at all, usually. Contrast that, say, to Joan Collins, who can be a bit of a horror. Maybe her clothes could be a bit more fitted, although I'd hate to see her in things that are too short (there's a lot of getting out of cars, and I don't think mid-thigh is appropriate for a lady of Camilla's age). She still has a pretty good figure!

As to DoC, the "weird-looking patch" on her head was probably a comb to hold the veil in place. IMO, the potocally-correct dress is a punishment inflicted on all women by a bunch of men who can't have one.:angel:
What? Is that can't have a dress or can't have the veil? :rolleyes: The mind boggles! :D

I don't think she looks bad at all, usually. Contrast that, say, to Joan Collins, who can be a bit of a horror. Maybe her clothes could be a bit more fitted, although I'd hate to see her in things that are too short (there's a lot of getting out of cars, and I don't think mid-thigh is appropriate for a lady of Camilla's age). She still has a pretty good figure!

She does still have a nice figure, but you're completely right about the whole mid-thigh thing; besides, it just looks more than a little trashy or desperate when women of a certain age (well, any age reallly) walk around showing it all off--it's just so......tacky and attention seeking. I like the low key approach to dressing--and Camilla does it well--even when she's wearing a huge tiara, she still looks elegant and classic. Much like her Mum-in-law.

Camilla in Italy.
Day 1 - Apr 27

-Visit to the Italian Parliament
IBL
Jamd

-Visit to the Pope (Same dress, she just added the veil)
Jamd
Jamd
Daylife

- Lunch at Villa Wolkonsky
Daylife
Daylife
Jamd

Day 2 - Apr 28
- (Day) Visit to the Keats-Shelley Museum in Rome and arrival in Venice and visit to the Guggenheim Museum .
Daylife
Daylife
Jamd
Jamd
Jamd
- (Evening) At "La Fenice" Theatre in Venice
Daylife
Jamd
Daylife

She looks very good in this outfit. I like the pearls too.

I'm not sure about the fabric apparently hanging out of the pocket, otherwise a nice outfit, IMO! :flowers:

what a difference a day makes . . . . . . !
Check out the luncheon immediately after the Papal audience!
Camilla in Italy.
Day 1 - Apr 27

-- Lunch at Villa Wolkonsky
Daylife
Daylife
Jamd
White! But you are right, she looks wonderful in that wonderful polka dot dress with the blue jacket and monster pearls that travel effortlessly from a visit to the Italian Parliament, a Papal audience, luncheon, the museum and the theatre. :flowers:

I think Camilla looks better wearing some color up by her face. The polka dot dress and blue jacket was great, although I can't figure out what was happening at her side. Maybe the jacket was cut unusually and she was wearing a sash that dangled down at about the same place?

But the Villa Wolkonsky, the outfit seemed big (sort of a la Queen Mother) and washed her out. It would have been really pretty with her hair if it had been pink. She looks great in pink.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall at the Deutscher Nachhaltigkeitspreis (German Sustainability prize) ceremony at the German Historical Museum in Berlin April 29, 2009.
Jamd
Jamd
Daylife

IMHO one of her best evening outfit, good cut and color, well fitted and quite flattering. Maybe a little too "oriental princess" for a night out in Berlin, but why not after all.

The polka dot outfit is one of the best so far but the jacket cut out on the side looks like the designer didnt have enough fabric so styled it differently. The cutout looks messy and doesnt make sense. I also quite liked the white outfit with the small ruffles on the shoulders.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall at the Deutscher Nachhaltigkeitspreis (German Sustainability prize) ceremony at the German Historical Museum in Berlin April 29, 2009.
Jamd
Jamd
Daylife

Looks like something Lalla Salma might wear.

I like it, and the color with her hair, maybe the jacket could have given her more of a waist?

Unfortunately, the dress was not fitted properly on her, which is rather too often the case with her clothing.
Her choice of veil, very short and held in place with a weird-looking patch, I consider unfortunate as well: http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/601/86235488.jpg
As usually, you are absolutely right. The black dress is totally ill-fitted and stiff. The design of the dress did not flatter Duchess of Cornwall at all.
what a difference a day makes! She looks particularly good, and slimmer, in this lovely and fresh outfit: .... [snipped] http://i39.tinypic.com/2r4suht.jpg
Right you are. I think that Duchess of Cornwall looks more appealing in flowy dresses. The polka dot skirt enlivened a classical outfit.

What? Is that can't have a dress or can't have the veil? :rolleyes: The mind boggles! :D

OMG!!:ROFLMAO: I wasn't talking about a dress, but the woman in the dress. Get it...priests (men who've sworn off women) dictating what female visitors to Vatican can wear lest their dresses lead the poor men to have impure thoughts.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom