Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 8: August 2018 - December 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is definitely one of Victoria's best Gala looks. I use the term 'look' as Victoria, as with her mother, is always the sum of the parts. Her gown is beautiful and very interesting around the shoulders and arms so much so that I'd love to see the back. It was obviously chosen to showcase the Order Sash and it works very well. Her hair is, as always, fabulous tiara hair and, I have to be honest and say that royal bling is Victoria's forte. I will continue in her jewellery thread . . . :flowers:

Edit: The upper part back view of Victoria's gown:

https://www.therealmyroyals.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/xx4.jpg

Last edited:
Victoria knows how to pull the stops, simple elegance and as usual highest standard of gown, hairdo and jewels befitting the event.

:previous:
Yes, Victoria gets it right about 99% of the time, she has had decades of practice to do so and rarely fails......being born into that position and having a mother who certainly has had a lifetime of experience to help guide her and with all the help of ladies in waiting, I would expect nothing less of her. To me she is the almost prefect princess (yet nobody is ever perfect in life) and will someday be a queen who has had a lifetime learning to be such. While it takes others who do not have decades of experience or it seems the help to get it right have to learn and grow and to keep on doing the best they can, example such as Princess Sofia's evening top which was unfortunately for her not a good choice for the evening.

STUNNING! Drooling over the dress (the way it fits her is sublime). The jewels, hair and makeup are perfection.

That pattern with a long hem and long sleeves and ruffles is overpowering her. It's just too much, maybe with shorter sleeves it would work. The colours are pretty!

Ugh...why does she keep wearing these awful dresses! The color is okay..but the pattern and style is just way to busy.

LaRae

Imho, this gown is a bit too short for Victoria, who is slightly taller than Silvia.

IMHO, it suits CP Victoria better than her mother years ago :flowers::flowers::flowers:
Bye Bine

This year the gown is a disappointment for me, I have never liked this gown on her mother nor her.......the red ball gown has always been the most outstanding gown Victoria has ever worn imho......

Not a fan of this look on her.

LaRae

:ohmy: awful! I neither like the colors nor the lenght nor the hair. And especially not the bowtiething on the back....
Still team red ballgown....

I love the idea of recycling and old dress, but not just this one. There are lots of other dresses. Just imagine what Victoria could have done with this one from 1982:

SilviaNobel33.jpg

:previous:

Yes, totally agree, Victoria would be spectacular in this gown with her dark hair and diamonds.....outstanding indeed!

i don't care for Victoria's 2018 gown. It looked much better on her mother.

Queen Silvi8a had also a great black and white striped gown which i believe was also from Nina Ricci. That would also look great on Victoria.

Queen Silvi8a had also a great black and white striped gown which i believe was also from Nina Ricci. That would also look great on Victoria.

True! This one, from 1993:

SilviaNobel22.jpg

I don't dislike the gown from her mother, I actually think it suits Victoria more. But it doesn't have a WOW factor associated to it, pretty yes, but memorable no. But I think this gown is more pretty than the blue dress she wore last year, which was not what I would wear to a ceremony like this that screams BALL GOWNS!

But her hairstyle with that tiara is lovely, but also not that amazing either! But I will always hate her hairstyle and tiara doo from 2012, so this one from today is stunning comparing to that of 2012's.

I loved her 2010 overal look (the most balanced until now) and her 2014 red gown (beautiful! but I think her tiara doesn't go well with the dress). Her 2016 look was not bad either, but I was sad she didn't use the cameo tiara even though she used it's accessories (it was such a good oportunity).

Note the best choice from CP Victoria this year.

I wish it was longer, but she looks fine. Not a wow! factor dress, but appropriate for the Nobels.

The two dresses I personally really want Victoria to repeat is her own pre-wedding concert outfit, and the dress for Madeleines wedding. They would be totally appropriate for a Nobel prize dinner.

Princess+Victoria+Princess+Victoria+Pre+Wedding+jpj8HTSCZMtl.jpg

170164036.jpg

Excellent choices, xenobia! Those dresses are gorgeous!

It's really an ugly dress. Victoria should have had it modified for a more modern and better fitting look, or better yet, choose a nicer one of her mother's old Nobel dresses. Really disappointing.

Whilst its nice to see gowns getting recycling ,this one how ever should have been left in 1995,maybe had the awful the bows at the back been removed it might have worked better.

I don't even think that the colours are good on Victoria, they make her look washed out. Those bows look incredibly outdated and completely lack elegance. But the worst of all is, imho, that it's too short. The length is just awkward and looks clumsy. This gown could have been greatly improved by some reworking. It's a missed chance, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom