Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 7: March 2017 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at this gown again and again even on different websites, so I do not like this gown, in fact I do not like anything about the way Victoria looks tonight. I really can't stand the pleats, the collar, the hair, the shape of the tiara on her. There is nothing I like, the tiara does not belong on Victoria, it is the shape of her face that throws it off, it belongs on Madeline with her blue eyes, that was made for her. The gown, to much there, it is overpowering her I thought. Yes the color is nice as most like blue, in whatever shade of blue.......I do not like any shade of blue so the color does not suit her, it belongs on Madeline also. The hair, that part is so off, she needs a softer style of hair for a change, this is not a business event in that sense. Everything was off IMHO for Victoria and that is rare. Her very best gown was that gorgeous red ball gown she wore a few years ago, that made her an instant queen IMO.

Hold your ears M Payton—I thought she looked lovely except for the collar.

It is the collar that made Victoria shrink........it looked like her head was sitting on her shoulders with no neck........this is not a good style for Victoria, this needs a woman with a very long neck to carry it off which she does not have. Maybe if the gown had a different neckline, with sleeves it would of worked, this did not work for me. I really liked the detail work on Sofia's gown, those tiny buttons on her sleeves are gorgeous and really make that gown stand out for me. Everything about Victoria's outfit tonight was off IMHO of her. We agree to disagree here Ms. Jersey!?

The dress is pretty, just that collar is a bit much. Loved seeing her in the aquamarine kokoshnik, she does look lovely. But after having seen Madeleine in it, Victoria’s outing pales in comparison.

Without comparing I think she looks fab

Cut off the collar, simplify the neckline and I think this is gorgeous. I'm not sure it's the right shade of blue for Victoria, but I love the way it fits her.

I don't get the dislike. ;) If Victoria looks good in a turtleneck (and she does) then this should be the same thing. It is. In fact, I think the collar works with the tiara. The tiara is pretty dominant, could be overwhelming, and as it is, that collar complements the tiara. JMO (of course). Victoria looks great. :flowers:

No, to me this doesn't look the same on her as a regular turtleneck. The joint between the bodice and the collar is far too prominent and a little too low, so it makes the collar look strangely wide for one that's going up so high. That combined with the pleats and almost ruffly bits on the collar make her neck look stumpy, wheras a more streamlined turtleneck makes her neck look elegant.

I really like this dress..but it seems too long. The colors in it suit her.

LaRae

I really like this dress from the waist up but lower part looks a mess...its too long for her so it bunches unnaturally.

Wow, Victoria surely knows how to surprise! Two surprises with Nobel dresses this year. Yesterday's blue dress which totally suited with the Arctic Theme of the Nobel ceremonies this year.
And today! This wonderful new flower dress, totally different than yesterday. Great choices with the jewellery, not too big guns so that the dress can get the attention it deserves. The dress is so beautiful, and it is from one of Victoria's favourite designers nowadays, swedish Camilla Thulin.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010040011G1513019644434935
Kronprinsessan Victoria i Camilla Thulin _ Svensk Damtidning

Camilla Thulin has a photo of this dress and Camilla's own Nobel dress yesterday at her Instagram on 20th November "Things are happening at the studio".
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbt8Qs9Bw1L/?taken-by=mmecamillathulin

Plus points for Victoria for wearing swedish design on both evenings, and it is always great to see the Laurel Wreath Tiara on her.

Last edited:
No, to me this doesn't look the same on her as a regular turtleneck. The joint between the bodice and the collar is far too prominent and a little too low, so it makes the collar look strangely wide for one that's going up so high. That combined with the pleats and almost ruffly bits on the collar make her neck look stumpy, wheras a more streamlined turtleneck makes her neck look elegant.

Interesting analysis, but 'stumpy' is okay by me. ;) ?

It does look too long and stiff, like it's standing on it's own. Lovely colour and pattern, though.

Wow, Victoria surely knows how to surprise! Two surprises with Nobel dresses this year. Yesterday's blue dress which totally suited with the Arctic Theme of the Nobel ceremonies this year.
And today! This wonderful new flower dress, totally different than yesterday. Great choices with the jewellery, not too big guns so that the dress can get the attention it deserves. The dress is so beautiful, and it is from one of Victoria's favourite designers nowadays, swedish Camilla Thulin.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Kronprinsessan Victoria i Camilla Thulin _ Svensk Damtidning

Camilla Thulin has a photo of this dress and Camilla's own Nobel dress yesterday at her Instagram on 20th November "Things are happening at the studio".
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbt8Qs9Bw1L/?taken-by=mmecamillathulin

Plus points for Victoria for wearing swedish design on both evenings, and it is always great to see the Laurel Wreath Tiara on her.

are we to assume that she made two dresses for victoria and we may see the red and black dress in the fabric sometime soon on victoria?

i like the fabric, but agree on the skirt looking off.

are we to assume that she made two dresses for victoria and we may see the red and black dress in the fabric sometime soon on victoria?

i like the fabric, but agree on the skirt looking off.

Actually, Camilla Thulin wore the other red and black dress to the Nobels herself on the 10th.

I think all in all this look is a little busy. As lovely as that necklace is, I think this particular dress could have done without it.

Excepting the under bust fold which is either/both a posture/fit issue, I am enjoying this. It's grand. The fabric has a antique vibe and the colors in it are heavenly. Victoria can do ball gowns well and this is an example of that! I bet it was wonderful in motion. Pretty, pretty, pretty.

She seems to be in a semi large motif print period in her choices. They are not safe choices, but I do like the change of pace that they bring to royal watching!

I like the colour and the print, truly. But that FABRIC, what is it?! It looks kinda shiny, and reminds me of Daisy's yellow raincoat. The bottom half seems like a deflated balloon.

I can't believe I like neither of Victoria's Nobel dresses this year. She usually stuns me with at least one of them.

The pattern and color is beautiful. I love the top half, looks stunning :flowers:

But I agree on the deflated balloon look to the bottom :ermm:

Bit disappointing. While she didn't have any bad look, she didn't have a wow look this year. She usually has one breath taking look that blows everyone else out of the water. Not the case here.

I had wallpaper like that print in my childhood bedroom! The bodice doesn’t fit and the dress is too long. The pretty colors, volume and gorgeous jewels save it

The material of the gown ruins everything, it's look like a plastic bag:bang:. Softer fabric may be far better.

A total miss IMHO here. I have a bathrobe almost the same type of floral print and gasped when I saw this. Got my bathrobe out and it is also to long on me......:lol:, so even though I like my bathrobe for it is fluffy and warm, this is not fluffy and warm to me.......entire year of noble's awards gowns for Victoria are a big miss.

The pattern and color is beautiful. I love the top half, looks stunning :flowers:

But I agree on the deflated balloon look to the bottom :ermm:

Bit disappointing. While she didn't have any bad look, she didn't have a wow look this year. She usually has one breath taking look that blows everyone else out of the water. Not the case here.
I totally agree. I thought to colour and pattern was lovely and suited her so well. The waist was very 1950's and the flare of the skirt was gorgeous until I tapped further down the page and found the weird bell-like effect pulling in the fabric. OMG, it was like fingernails on a chalkboard. Had the flair continued to the floor it would have really kicked a**! Instead, it got it's a** kicked.

Love the color and material...wish we could see the full dress!

LaRae

She doesn't have a ponytail!

The red gown is stunning! Perfect for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom