Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 7: March 2017 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The coat is the evil cousin of Maxima's muppet coat. Horrible :ermm:

The skirt is not flattering at all. The necklace is busy. Earrings are nice but don't go. This is a total miss for me.

I'm wondering would the skirt look good on anyone, it's so stiff and wide. Combined with the loose, hip long fur coat the result is very sloppy. A more fitting coat, or better yet, another skirt would improve the look a lot. The earrings don't match at all with the necklace. The blouse and the shoes are fine. She can do so much better than this!

I quite liked the top till I followed the links LadyFinn posted and saw those frill cuffs...sorry but this kind of multicolored frills look bizzare on a woman of 40. Besides this lurex blouse was thin, turned into see-through under the camera flashes (you could see her bra on some photos, must say this kind of flop was quite surprising). Her skirt's material look too stiff, freely falling folds/material create more flattering silhouette.

Last edited:
I love the skirt but whatever is worn with it here is all wrong. The blouse is horribly shiny and transparent. Faux fur jacket, Madeleine should take note!

Ok now that is a stunning look...the dress, the tiara...love this on her!

LaRae

Very simple, soft, feminine and elegant! The colour looks very good on Victoria. As soon I saw her, I was thinking, that Victoria had shown the Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara to the designer, and she designed the neckline like this, so that there would not be a place to a necklace to steal the attention from this gorgeous tiara. The whole look is superb, I would not change anything in it.

Victoria looks great! I love the soft and voluminous hem, and the flattering waistline. The colour is wonderful, she looks so fresh and young. If only there wasn't that hidious clown collar, which looks good only on models who have long and slender necks. The tiara looks fine on her. Overall, even with the collar, one her her best looks!

Svenskdam tells Victoria's dress was from Jennifer Blum. I really like its light blue color and it goes so well with the aquamarine tiara. I also think the collar looks a little off/odd and her boobs looked huge but its a lovely and different, surprisingly girly dress style from Victoria.

Last edited:
Except the collar, a beautiful appearance. A boring crew neck would be better.

What a horrible dress.. Maybe her worst nobel dress ever.. she really need a new stylist ..

Beautiful dress. Great color in her. She needs to ditch the helmet hairdo ... she needs something much softer.

I don't know how i feel about this dress. I thought I liked it, but on closer inspection I don't like high neck and the dress itself looks like crepe paper. Her hair is too tight for me, but the colour on the dress is lovely.

Victoria looks beautiful and elegant :flowers:

I love the color of the dress. And the beautiful style, the flowy feminine style of it. It goes great with the kokoshnik tiara which is a huge surprise to me on her. I was expecting the fringe on her.

The only thing I hate is the collar. Reminds me of a clown.:sad:

At this photo we can see Victoria's shoes, because of going down the stairs, she hasn't chosen very high heels.
https://media.shootitlive.com/OYJQyCbrl5a9sWxcZYI5mVlpVkv/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/2938

Cia Jansson, the editor-in-chief of Elle Sweden, was fascinated about Victoria's dress. She said that Victoria wore a magical creation by Jennifer Blom, a new swedish designer. Jansson said that there are over 2500 pleats made by hand, pleats of different forms, and the way the dress falls made her think about a waterfall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dislike the gown. The color is beautiful but the style is awful and not flattering. One of her worst looks. Quite a disappointing gown.

Last edited:
Victoria looks beautiful and elegant :flowers:

I love the color of the dress. And the beautiful style, the flowy feminine style of it. It goes great with the kokoshnik tiara which is a huge surprise to me on her. I was expecting the fringe on her.

The only thing I hate is the collar. Reminds me of a clown.:sad:

:previous: All of this. :flowers:

Her make-up looks so pretty, and I love her purse. Not really a fan of matchy-match shoes with evening gowns, but that is a small thing. Her hair would look nicer with a softer style, but I suspect the severe style was chosen so as not to take attention away from the collar, but all that needs to be said about the collar has been said ;)

Terrible neckline ruins the gown and the over all look tonight,nice colour on the Crown Princess.

I'm not sure whether I like or dislike Victoria's gown. The colour is beautiful, but the material is messy.

Stunning. I love that Victoria isn't afraid to push the edge of the envelope fashion-wise every once in a while. I couldn't make my mind up whether I loved it or hated it. But seeing the shot of her coming down the stairs, the way the dress fell, it loved it.

Her tiara and makeup were lovely and the gown was a picture of romance. All those fine pleats made it look very feminine but not fussy like lace and ruffles would. I wasn't sure about the neckline but seeing her standing and walking I really like the way the dress moved. It really is a beautiful gown and, if the designer is new, she just gave him a terrific boost that money can't buy.

It looked like she didn't want the shoes to be a statement so went matchy, which is fine. But she also pulled a fast one by wearing lower heels which was a really smart move when you think about it. She dresses and walks into the auditorium and sits for the ceremony then she walks to the banquet hall and sits again. Sitting for that length of time can make the feet swell so when you stand up your feet feel funny and a little wobbly, even when wearing well broken in shoes. Lower heels make it easier to stand and walk around.

It fits in the trend. We see Máxima, Mary, Victoria with more and more experimental materials, silhouettes and prints.

I'm just gonna say it and run: I don't like this gown.

The colour is lovely, and I generally love a big gown. But I HATE the neckline, and the material of the dress looks cheap (to my unprofessional eyes).

I'm just gonna say it and run: I don't like this gown.

The colour is lovely, and I generally love a big gown. But I HATE the neckline, and the material of the dress looks cheap (to my unprofessional eyes).
No need to run Carina! :flowers:

I really want to like the dress, but I just can't. I don't think the colour suits Victoria at all and the material makes the dress look cheap. I won't get started on the neckline/collar...

It's a shame, because CP Victoria usually knocks all out of the park when it comes to the Nobels. Just not getting the vibe from her this year :sad:

Loving every aspect of this dress, even the collar which is pure fun! :flowers:

A bit OT: Third picture reminds me of the kind of flowy gown I think would be great for Meghan (though the prototype for me is Mette-Marit's gown). Someone mentioned a waterfall, that's what I envisage when a gown like this flows across the steps of St George's. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom