Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 6: November 2014 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that's the way a future Queen should dress! I love it and so does everyone I've talked to about it. Even the Swedish fashion journalists are ecstatic about that dress.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm in the minority as I like the gown. It's a gown only a real princess get away with...regal and what a fantastic color! Love it.

Loved, loved, loved this dress. Victoria knocked it out of the park!
It seems you are not in the minority after all. As Scooter has to eloquently said, "Victoria knocked it out of the park!".

I think this must be the most expansive, intricate, and truly dramatic gown Victoria has ever worn and more than worthy to be worn at the Nobel's. I love the cut, the colour and style of this gown, more than that, I am glad it screamed at the jewellery vault "Go Big or Go Home"!

This truly is a picture of a future Queen.

And MARG, I love the gown too! You hit the nail on the head!

Would love to see this dress in a official photo
Maybe from the side like they do in denmark

I love Victoria's gown it is a princess gown big and full love the jewelry as well.

Victoria looked stunning with that majestic dress... she has the right body-shape to pull it off

love victoria out fit she looked great , but I wasnt keen on her necklaces but eveything was great ..

Thats some princess dress on Victoria. Its such a contrast to her recent slimline dresses. It reminds me very much of former Princess Alexandra of Denmark who use to wear big full skirt ballgowns. We rarely see this style of dress anymore

Dare i say you couldnt get much further contrast between the furture Queen Victoria in this huge dress and future princess Sofia in her pink sequin dress. Victoria giving lessons on how to dress and be a princess at the Nobels

A great example of a lady wearing the dress, instead of the other way around (plus I'm a sucker for royal ladies in red LOL!)

I do know if a like this dress as a dress, but Victoria with this dress is STUNNING!!! REGAL!! A real perfection.
I could easily see her with this dress getting intronised as a Queen. Nevertheless, the diamond cross is wrong, too long, goes into her clivage, a miss.

I don't know if the dress she wears on Thursday is a altered version of the dress for the official pictures before her marriage in 2010.

Victoria on Thursday, wearing a dress which is much more interesting than you could see from the first photos. The blue colour is regal and looks good on her. Blue and black are a good combination. She has a nice hairdo. Although it is a bit disappointing that she wears the Baden Fringe Tiara again, it suits well with the dress. And Lilian's corsage, of course.
I love that Victoria didn't play safe with her Nobel dresses. Both dresses are totally different style than she usually wears. And a refreshing choice among all the dresses with a lot of lace.
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/9/T14183325751557958_2.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/9/T14183325751557958_3.jpg

Waiting for a better photo from the back view
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Last edited:
I like the red but I don't like the style of the dress. The skirt is just too big and over the top. I think a skirt that wasn't so full would have looked better and been more appropriate. To me this dress screams 'all you prize winners you think you are at the top but you are wrong because this night isn't about you- it's about me because I AM the CP and you are nobody.'

Boring dress on the front, awful from the back. Shame as she looked so stunning the day before.

:previous::lol::lol::lol:No she didn't, the gown was wonderful, only thing it had to much bunching on the side, the full skirt was perfect and she was only saying that to just a few members at the noble's, not everyone.........after all she is Crown Princess Victoria heir to the throne...how wonderful!:)

The black and blue dress a real disaster, true mish mash of style, giant bow, netting, mix of color and fabric frint and back, just no

the blue/black dress is such an anticlimax compared to the day before. the front is boring and plain/cheap looking, the back is really ugly.

I like the front of the blue dress, the back looks like a badly wrapped present.

i still wait that one day she will recycle her stunning pre wedding dress by saab

I like the red but I don't like the style of the dress. The skirt is just too big and over the top. I think a skirt that wasn't so full would have looked better and been more appropriate. To me this dress screams 'all you prize winners you think you are at the top but you are wrong because this night isn't about you- it's about me because I AM the CP and you are nobody.'
Wow, of all the royals I can think of that might possibly have that sort of attitude, Victoria would not be one of them.

Actually, I cannot imagine anyone would attribute such a shallow and quite frankly, conceited personality to Victoria. Are you sure you are not projecting? Sometimes a dress is just a dress.

While I thought this was very "go big or go home", I was impressed that she looked totally relaxed and comfortable in her own skin. But the idea occurred to me that Victoria, and to a lesser extent Silvia, decided to go more dramatic gownwise, on what was, essentially, a far too pared back royal presence on stage.

:previous:Now do you think she will let me borrow that diamond bracelet for dinner tonight? :lol::lol::lol:that is some gorgeous diamonds..:ohmy:

i still wait that one day she will recycle her stunning pre wedding dress by saab

Me too - i fear though it wont be seen again, maybe its preserved with her wedding dress for a future exhibition when she is Queen and later in life for history.

Would also love to see the dress from Madeline's wedding - expecting something stunning at CP and Sofia's wedding in June

Wow, of all the royals I can think of that might possibly have that sort of attitude, Victoria would not be one of them.

Actually, I cannot imagine anyone would attribute such a shallow and quite frankly, conceited personality to Victoria. Are you sure you are not projecting? Sometimes a dress is just a dress.

While I thought this was very "go big or go home", I was impressed that she looked totally relaxed and comfortable in her own skin. But the idea occurred to me that Victoria, and to a lesser extent Silvia, decided to go more dramatic gownwise, on what was, essentially, a far too pared back royal presence on stage.

If this dress screamed anything, it screamed majesty and grandeur. I loved it and loved it on Victoria. She took my breath away. She is Crown Princess, obviously comfortable in her role, and she dressed and looked the part. Why shouldn't she step up more on the fashion plate especially at these formal occasions? I'm sure conceit and ego had very little to do with her choice from all reports I've heard about this much-loved woman.

Last edited:
Victoria looked like a real fairy tale princess, I usually hate that phrase but it rally fits for her. She looKS beautiful elegant regal and respectable. This gown is a lot better than some royal wedding dresses I've seen.

Wow! Victoria's red dress is simply amazing and is oh so regal and appropriate for a Crown Princess. I adore the colour, and the necklace also works well. The necklace is quite an unusual choice IMO as it reminds me more of the necklaces royal women would wear in the Medieval and Tudor periods. Not that crosses themselves are unusual as they're still very much worn today, but this is just how I feel.

I am less keen on Victoria's blue dress. That shade of blue is nice, but the back ruins it for me. That bow is way too large and is a little unnecessary IMO. I'm also not a fan of her necklace, though her hair and tiara are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom