Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 6: November 2014 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Victoria tonight:

This gown is lovely but I was expecting more from her.

Love the style....the color is too pale for her.

LaRae

i like victoria's gown a lot - but her make up these days seems to be a bit of a miss. her eyes look panda-like. wrong shade of concealer.

The dress is not bad per se, but compared with the flat hair and odd make-up, is a total miss.

The dress is nice but a bit under whelming. The color washes her out a bit. would have loved something deeper/brighter. She looks lovely, just nothing to get excited about.

I wish this dress had another color (nude color looks rather boring on someone with darker hair). Beside this kind of romantic dress would look better with more softer hairdo. I could not help but notice that the lining ended somewhere around the knees (it was especially notiable on video) that is something I really dislike at floor-length evening gowns!
Its hard to believe Victoria gave birth less than 2 month ago. Shes already back in really good shape.

Elie Saab dresses look always wonderful on Victoria, and so does this. Yes, maybe a brighter colour would have been a little better. But I don't think that she looks washed out, she has so strong colours herself. And this evening Victoria and Madeleine had clearly decided that it was the evening of their parents and their mother would be the royal lady with a more prominent dress.
The dress has a great cut which flatters Victoria's great figure. And her good posture and nice hairdo are a plus to the total look.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

This is one of those times that I wish I could be in the room because this gown fits Victoria like a dream, and the detailing just looks like it would be so impressive and wonderful in person.

Elie Saab dresses look always wonderful on Victoria, and so does this. Yes, maybe a brighter colour would have been a little better. But I don't think that she looks washed out, she has so strong colours herself. And this evening Victoria and Madeleine had clearly decided that it was the evening of their parents and their mother would be the royal lady with a more prominent dress.
The dress has a great cut which flatters Victoria's great figure. And her good posture and nice hairdo are a plus to the total look.

Now this photograph presents the dress so well. From the first photographs I thought the whole presentation was not so nice. But now I see a different picture and dress, makeup and hair are all lovely.

I think you nailed it. Both dresses are gorgeously understated and it makes sense that Victoria and Madeleine would not want to be the belles of the ball so to speak. They'll leave that to the Nobels.

In the event, Victoria was definitely sporting a demure, albeit gorgeous, Ellie Saab gown that is definitely not her usual more damatic style. Nevertheless she really rocked it.

Victoria tonight:

This gown is lovely but I was expecting more from her.

Don't like the gown, reminds me of the net curtains too much. I was expecting something of colour. :flowers:

Just beautiful, she looks great in Elie Saab and has the figure for it. Great see through parts, lovely color, great hair and the tiara just goes perfectly with the gown.

Just beautiful, she looks great in Elie Saab and has the figure for it. Great see through parts, lovely color, great hair and the tiara just goes perfectly with the gown.

I really like and especially enjoy the fact that she has tried something new and modern. Might not be everyone's taste but she looked happy and content. What I guess we all want to achieve in life.

I thought this looked aged her a bit. This gown did nothing for her IMO.

September 16:

1 2

I would have loved this dress if not for the high neckline. The rest is beautiful.

September 16:

1 2

I would have loved this dress if not for the high neckline. The rest is beautiful.

I prefer it with the belt than the plain way she wore it in 2011. But I still don't like the dress.

Victoria today for me is just WOW!!!!

She looks fine, but the dress is a bit unflattering on the belly. I think it is the belt that makes that effect.

Victoria looks gorgeous this evening. The dress is simple and beautiful, and Victoria's wonderful hairdo with jewelry and that belt make it look even better. And I love the high neckline.
http://imageupper.com/s09/1/6/K14740522559754_1.jpg
http://s09.imageupper.com/1/5/Q1474050349978442_21.jpg

The dress is very similar to the Ann-Sofie Back dress Victoria wore at Polar Music Prize in August 2011 and in November 2011 when she was pregnant with Estelle:

Simple and elegant. For me, the clear style winner of this evening.

Victoria looks gorgeous this evening. The dress is simple and beautiful, and Victoria's wonderful hairdo with jewelry and that belt make it look even better. And I love the high neckline.
http://s09.imageupper.com/1/5/Q1474050349978442_21.jpg

The dress is very similar to the Ann-Sofie Back dress Victoria wore at Polar Music Prize in August 2011 and in November 2011 when she was pregnant with Estelle:

It's the same dress. She might have worn a different dress underneath the overlay at the Polar Music Prize (the cut looks different in the chest), but the overlay is certainly the same.

:previous: is it just me, or lighting. Tonight looks black while the polar was definitely blue. It wouldn't be the first time she had a dress in two colours.

I actually quite like the dress. I don't find the neck high, and I have an aversion to high necks, make me itch. But I am not a fan of the belt on it. But her hair and accessories look lovely:flowers:

Last edited:
Meh it's ok...nothing interesting and I don't think it really flatters her.

LaRae

I actually prefer this dress with a belt and, it looks as though it was designed to be waisted but Victoria left the belt off when pregnant. The slightly raised waist effect us very forgiving for a new mother. But I far prefer the new belt to the original design. The sparkling jewelled effect is far more flattering and elegant.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hdB0THL5...ess+Victoria+wore+Ann-Sofie+Back+S-S+2012.jpg

Victoria looks fabulous from tip to toe, her updo is sleek and chic, the addition of the sparkling hair ornament, earrings and belt providing the necessary bling to lift the gown from meh to wonderfully elegant.

Agree Marg, while not a huge fan of the silver, the belt looks much better than the original on the model. And the silver does pair well with the accessories.

:previous: is it just me, or lighting. Tonight looks black while the polar was definitely blue. It wouldn't be the first time she had a dress in two colours.

I actually quite like the dress. I don't find the neck high, and I have an aversion to high necks, make me itch. But I am not a fan of the belt on it. But her hair and accessories look lovely:flowers:

there's a couple of photos where the lighting makes it look blue, so it's possible it's just darker inside the room. The Polar Music Prize was outside so it had the sun on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom