Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 5: May 2013 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like it. Love the colour.

Sent from my HTC One using The Royals Community mobile app

I like the color, but she looks like she is about to fall with all of that extra fabric! Ridiculous, imo.

:previous: Yes I agree, the top half of Victoria's dress is a little over the top and unnecessary. Having said that, the colour is amazing and suits Victoria a lot. She looks good in bright, bold colours like this. I would've said that the belt doesn't go with the dress, but somehow Victoria manages to pull it off. I'm not sure why, but I like it.

It's very '80's is that the look she is going for .. then she has it!!

May 16, 2014 - Victoria in a lovely shade of bright pink with a black belt and extra gathering fabric on the shoulder matched with black heels.

Love the color and idea but the extra fabric gathering looks messy and she doesn't pull it off IMO.

Full view ** Close up 1 ** Close up 2
When I first saw a head shot I thought "fabulous colour for Victoria", but when I saw it in all it's, errm, glory? Well WTH happened to the rest of the dress.

The top was marvelously 80's and OTT and, had it been balanced by a long skirt, it might have looked fantastic. But as it is, it just seems soooo top-heavy you almost expect Victoria to tip over! :eek:

Sorry its horrible, Alexis Carrington 80s style. Colour is ok but not that thing on the shoulder and the shiny material. Same goes for the shiny stockings. I agree that it might have worked better as long dress but this way its just a big miss.

Huge miss. Victoria is always so lovely but the dress was an eighties nightmare

May 16, 2014 - Victoria in a lovely shade of bright pink with a black belt and extra gathering fabric on the shoulder matched with black heels.

Love the color and idea but the extra fabric gathering looks messy and she doesn't pull it off IMO.

Full view ** Close up 1 ** Close up 2

I am usually a fan of Vitoria's dressing up style. However, on this occasion, I think she is probably best leaving styles of this type for Maxima.

:previous:This is not a good gown for her, it looks messy in the front, and a wide black belt........no no for sure. She can't carry this off, and your right leave it for Maxima to wear. Maybe if the gown had been floor length and made of a different material, maybe!

This the prettiest I've seen Victoria look in a long time. The dress is just stunning on her and her accessories are the perfect touch.

wow, what a great dress - what a great look! Stunning!
BYe Bine

Last edited by a moderator:
Stunning and , oh, so princess-sy. Regal , like she just stepped out of a fairytale.
But also, it has some pizzazz.

That is a lovely dress and a great style. She looked very nice the only thing I don't like is the belt, another belt would've looked nicer IMO.

That is a great look for Victoria...possibly the best she's looked since Madeleine's wedding.... I just don't get how she can look so good at one event and not so good at another event only a couple of hours earlier
Kronprinsessan delade ut Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award till Barbro Lindgren - se film här - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

I think Victoria looked very good at the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award event too last evening, at her printed dress from Preen by Thornton Bregazzi.
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2014/06/V.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s05/1/2/K14018231481985342_1.jpg
Multi Tile Pencil Issy Dress | Preen by Thornton Bregazzi | Avenue32

Victoria's black dress is from H&M Conscious Collection 2014.
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/18686637/364/normal/943df902b617a/1154_LB_10_low.png

Last edited:
I think Victoria looked very good at the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award event too last evening, at her printed dress from Preen by Thornton Bregazzi.
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2014/06/V.jpg
Multi Tile Pencil Issy Dress | Preen by Thornton Bregazzi | Avenue32

Victoria's black dress is from H&M Conscious Collection 2014.
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/18686637/364/normal/943df902b617a/1154_LB_10_low.png
The style is ok it's the print which I'm not so fond of but then again that's just my personal taste

I love both of these latest outfits! The only thing I would have changed would be the shoe choice with the h&m dress.

She looks great in the black dress, great cut for her and she can wear black. Love the silver shoes and belt and less severe hairdo

Victoria on Monday evening at countess Marianne Bernadotte's 90th birthday/Bernadotte Art Awards.
She looks just fantastic in this black dress. Great that she doesn't have more jewellery. The clutch and belt give a nice touch to the dress.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

This the prettiest I've seen Victoria look in a long time. The dress is just stunning on her and her accessories are the perfect touch.
LadyFinn, thanks for the photos, Victoria really does look fantastic. Udyusa you called it. This really is the prettiest and most Princessy gown we have seen for ages.

I love that she hasn't overwhelmed the gown with too much jewellery and limited it to her statement earrings, watch and tiny bracelet. I'm intrigued by the way she has tied the gown itself with the jewelled belt, clutch and shoes.

I am usually not too keen on the high front/long back style of gown as it usually leaves us seeing the very unpretty back hem from the front. Needless to say this is not the case with Victoria's gown and using such distinctive shoes has the effect of drawing the eyes to them rather than what lies behind. I even love her little red toenails which are perfectly displayed with a little pop of colour.

For me this is a synergy of so many small details that when added together give us an absolute winner.

Last edited:
I love the printed dress. The H&M look is nice too but would have looked better with different heels!

The first thing that popped out at me were those bright blue shoes!! I hardly noticed the white dress. It is pretty, but not one of my favorites.

:previous:It looks like it could be an interesting ensemble until we see it in good light it's a little hard to say. On the other hand, Daniel looks great without a tie!

I think the outfit is very elegant and appropriate for a night out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom