Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 4: December 2010 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The shoulder straps look strange because they're worn in the completely wrong way.
As I mentioned before, the second 'strap' is a drape which is meant to be worn hanging down like a stole, not up and around the back like a shawl. The Elie Saab design doesn't make much sense on Victoria, but here it does and has a beautiful silhouette:

http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/F2009RTW/ESAAB/RUNWAY/00280m.jpg

Victoria today at the meeting of Swedish Royal Academy

I think it's really great to see this dress again, I almost forgot it ;)

Thank you for the added photos so we can see it better. That's an interesting design with the neckline. I quite like it!

That is a very pretty dress, and, even though brown isn't one of my favorite colours, I like that shade.

Brown is a good color choice for Victoria. I like the bejewelled shoulder straps.

I like the design of the neckline and also this shade of brown.

Here are two photos taken outdoors

** Post **

As to the hairstyle it's also "traditional" and a bit dull for me. I'd prefer her with loose hair from time to time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Being in love and having Daniel by her side all the time has made her literally shine. The gown is really beautiful on her. They are a beautiful couple together.

The dress color suits her well & I do really like this new hair style. A nice big change from the classic styles she has been going for.

She looked great once again, that's a very beautiful dress!

what dresses would you like to see again in 2011 of those new she wore 2010

I would love to see
1. pre weddng dress again, but not sure we will
2. nobel dress
3. purple dress worn at goverment reception in (december?)

I don't think you can call it a dress, that's further more a night gown. Victoria looks lovely but this "thing" doesn't suit her at all...

Agreed, bad choice. The colour is too drab. Perhaps more colourful jewellery would've suited this gown more. Isn't this a repeated dress?

I don't think the dress does her a justice. And I agree, it does look like a night gown. I like those patterns on the sleeves, but the rest of the "dress" is just blah.

I think that Victoria has worn better gala gown than this that wore tonight

IMHO the only good thing about this dress (worn for the first time in public, only used for a photo shoot before) is the color.
The style is far too 70s Retro in a bad way, the Kindergarten flower applications are a bit ridiculous, and seen close up it's also rather poorly made, with the fabric having no nice flow at all, which would be important in a design like this. Bad choice.

It looks more like a night gown than an evening gown. But I do like her jewelry.

Don't like the puffy sleeves. Her jewels are fab!

Not really liking this evening gown. I agree it is a bit too nightgown for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom