Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 3: April 2010 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to Part 3 of
Crown Princess Victoria Eveningwear

You can find the old thread here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Happy Posting!
:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Victorias dress to QM's b-day was a big bore IMO. It was really similar to the lilac/grey one woren the day before.
Pitty she didnt wear a tiara but that was optional according to the dress code.

I do like the dress althought it looks simple and need attractive details.
But she looks fantastic with her make up and well shaped body! :flowers:

http://i41.tinypic.com/sdk8s5.jpg

Last edited:
It was a bit boring, and I wish she would've worn a tiara. :flowers:

I like this dress, CP has a fantastic body to wear it. Anyway whole look is a little boring, other princesses wore a tiaras, so I would like to see one on Victoria's head...

I thought this dress looked fantastic on Victoria. She has had such a big smile on her face at all the events that she could have worn a cloth sack and looked amazing

I like the dress on her it's young and fresh but am really disappointed in the lack of tiara. The gown certainly shows off her great figure she is really working hard for the big da yand she looks fabulous in her choice of gown IMO.

I think the cut and fit of Victoria's gown was really good. I just didn't care for the black and white stripes- a little too prison uniformy. BUT, she did look beautiful. I loved the brooch in her hair - very elegant. I wish she would have had a little more color in her makeup - she looks a little "flat" to me. But all in all, she looked lovely.

Nice to see Victoria enjoys the same designers as I do! I really like that dress, I think it enhances her figure a little.

Oh that just hilarious, not to long ago there was an article about how must the two princess spend on dress, I don't think they thought to factor in dresses that cost $318 in their math. :ROFLMAO: And of course if one were to just look at the title of the article, and not read it it comes off as each princess spent a million on dress, and not that price is both of the princess combined over what they say is 5 year period, but then admit that at least two of dress are from 7 years ago. I don't mind reporting that are critical of the monarch, but they could at least try to be accurate. Besides I'm sure the Queen spends twice as much on gala dress then either one of the princesses, it's only recently CP Victoria wardrobe has been identified as bigger names (such as the Elie Saab Nobel one, and the oversize orange bag).
(the artlice I refer to: Prinsessornas miljongarderob – Så mycket kostar Victorias och Madeleines designerklänningar. | Sofis Mode | Aftonbladet)

I like this black and white gown with the ribbed fabric. The hair brooch is nice but I would've preferred a tiara.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

I also like this dress. It's fresh, suits well in her extremely well shaped body and her smile makes her shine.

I agree with you -the horizontally structured fabric looks beautiful and the stripes are clearly not troublesome for Victoria with her perfect silhouette. The only aspect of the dress I disliked was the black -she should have combined the white stripes with a more exciting colour (e.g. pink or turquoise) to contrast with her dark brown hair. The brooch in her hair looked elegant and fairy-like, i.m.o.

I'm surprised this dress is so inexpensive. It's a lovely dress and shows off Victoria's nice figure.

Victoria at a dinner in Seattle:
PurePeople
She wore this gown at friends´ wedding last year. The colour looks so good on her.

It's a beautiful gown! I love its colour too and I also like her clutch.

I love this color on Victoria! Bulgari earrings? Fantastic!

The only time in recent history that she didn't wear a tiara to an tiara event (that I know of) was for one of the dinners for Queen of Denmark for her 70th, and then in 2008 the day after the Nobel prize was given out, both times she did wear diamond jewelry just not a tiara. The event in Settle wasn't tiara appropriate.

Victoria at a dinner in Seattle:
PurePeople
She wore this gown at friends´ wedding last year. The colour looks so good on her.

The color and style of this gown is exquisite! The only thing I wish for Victoria is a new haircut. Long hair is good for elegant up-dos with a tiara, but she needs a style for when she wears it down. Long ponytails are for teenage girls. No offense to Victoria of course, but as a thirty-something married woman, she needs a more grown-up style that will flatter her.

I like her best with her hair down. She should wear it like that more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom